3k from Turf Show Times (Hit piece)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
3k-- Self proclaimed expert on football, and self taught journalist who's ready for major league rag. He's a legend in his own mind.

3k is right up there with Shane Grey in my book. ( I never read the opening piece in this thread and skipped right to "reply".

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You should care less for this idiot
Well, I did self edit that post, I first wrote "why should I care anymore for what this azzhole thinks than any other..."

I didn't want to insult other a-holes...

Name
rick
What a loser 3k is. Conveniently forgetting what a Shit-show we had to endure at QB with our starter going down for a year and 3/4. Typically biased St. Louis, now Ram-Hater.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
What a loser 3k is. Conveniently forgetting what a crap-show we had to endure at QB with our starter going down for a year and 3/4. Typically biased St. Louis, now Ram-Hater.

While I agree that 3K is a loser, please don't lump in St. Louisans like me in with jerks like him. I still love the Rams.

Name
rick
Don't mean to lump you in. But if St. Louis-Based media is going to continue covering the Rams, they're going to have to do it without tears in their eyes and TRY to be more Professional. Love our TRUE St. Louis fan base.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Don't mean to lump you in. But if St. Louis-Based media is going to continue covering the Rams, they're going to have to do it without tears in their eyes and TRY to be more Professional. Love our TRUE St. Louis fan base.
Professional. Good word.
Same goes for members of this board making obvious (or not so obvious) attempts to bait or incite immature flame wars between cities and fan circles. It won't be tolerated here.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This guy is worst type of commentator about the team. He's disingenuous. While everything he said about goff and case is true the way he spins it couldn't be further from the truth. That's like using the facts of the equation 2 plus 2 equals 4 but saying 2 plus 2 equals 1. Not sure why i read it as i knew he would just talk shit as per usual.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

Not that it matters but TST isn't St Louis based.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
TST is a good example of how the Internet has shaped sports journalism. These aren't journalists, in that they likely don't have journalism degrees (or in some cases any degrees) - but that part doesn't bother me.

It doesn't bother me that they are generally negative. Cmon, guys - this is the Rams. Anyone taking a journalistic approach to this team probably ought to be a bit negative - we have played some pretty terrible football the last decade.

What bothers me is the elitist attitude. They have no more access than any of us to the team. They aren't in the locker room, the press box, at press conferences, on media conference calls - they are just some dudes with a blog.

They grab writers off of Twitter - "hey, who wants to be a sportswriter?" And all of that is fine - there are few TST guys I really like - but the ones who act like they are somehow more 'in the know' than others get under my skin. Frankly, anyone who tends to disregard the opinion of others with smug superiority is bothersome anyway.

This isn't just a TST thing either - there are a ton of these kinds of sites out there. And they can be fun if the people behind them are real with it / but when they get a bit full of themselves - and some do - I lose interest.

Yep. Twitter, snapchat, blogs, and other "new media of this type" has created a lot of informal experts. Everyone has an opinion and a means to share it.

I personally don't mind it, and tend to enjoy it... Actually. It's an opinion, like many shared here.

Not to get too far off track; but I worry more about kids. Their self worth is determined by likes and follows. Glad I grew up before that era and mature enough not to need that kind of self assurance.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Where TST?

They sprang up while the team was in STL, but not based there?

They aren't 'based' anywhere as I understand it. It's a bunch of guys (and maybe gals) from all over who write articles and then someone throws it on the site. I'm sure a few of their writers once upon a time were in STL but I don't think any of them are now.

Of the ones I know - Atlanta, Baltimore, Washington state - the dude who started it - I believe - is from LA.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
the dude who started it
RVB otherwise known as Ryan Van Bibber....you can still find him on SBN....Not sure where he's from.

TST provided content for Rams fans that were no longer in the loop. Guys like me, from LA, and searching for NFL news on my rams on the net....They were there for me, so let me try to be "there" for them now.

3K is a rams fan....Yeah, he's tired of the losing...You gotta remember the GSOT grabbed a generation of fans that had suffered through the 90's with some of the worst ram football on record. And then, bam, 1999 happened. With no announcement, all of a sudden they won, and won it quite the exciting fashion. So it created a new generation of fans. Who flocked to the site...for about 5 years, the team was very successful with an exciting brand of football. Enter the dark years...12 years...of really bad football, on a team with some obvious talent...SJ#39....CLong....JL55...His perspective is as a fan, that really does know the game. And...like a lot of the media, believes Fisher has been given a pass as to how this team is allowed to perform...and produce.

I've had one conversation with 3K...on the TST radio show...He's from out west...Think he lived in the valley or something at one time...and from my perspective, he takes a lot of heat...not just here, but on the site of the team he supports and cares about, because he tells the truth...

I've noticed the cup is half full mentality on blogs...and the rose colored glasses...I'm sure it's difficult to write freely with integrity about about the team you follow, and take constant criticism about his opinion. But he continues...week after week. I think it broke RVB....and he left the site he helped create, TST. Seems strange huh?

I've watched both games now...2 times each. The first half 3 times...I've watched a bunch of the other teams...Jags...Tampa...Bears...Browns...Dallas...NY...Jets & Giants..Hawks, 9ers, Cards..Pats...Steelers...Raiders..Paid attention to the "best" offenses...and the "best" defenses...and IMO...something looks different in their preparation, and our beloved Rams....I can't put a finger on it...can't describe it....Think I smelled it when I went to camp...Our talent is equal....if not better, yet the success isn't there....Something about the Chargers....a team many feel is the epitome of dysfunction...I'm reminded of the Chargers...real talent...but no real success.

I hope I'm wrong...I'm hoping 3K is wrong....if anyone can honestly challenge his assertion with, you know, that Jrry32 style, please do...he likes a good debate just like all of us...that's why we come here, to exchange information and ideals...based on what we've experienced and learned about our great game....

The point of my rant...how can you question the assertion, that the worst offense in the league, that takes a QB first overall, is satisfied with the status quo? and wants to use the same QB from last year, who didn't begin 2015 as the starter? All those offensive coaches...all the scouting...all the draft picks...Remember, SF is probably the worst team in the NFC west...but with our running game, he's not ready...and he's supposed to get ready by sitting? Behind Case??? Really....who is Fisher or anyone trying to fool with that???

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
RVB otherwise known as Ryan Van Bibber....you can still find him on SBN....Not sure where he's from.

TST provided content for Rams fans that were no longer in the loop. Guys like me, from LA, and searching for NFL news on my rams on the net....They were there for me, so let me try to be "there" for them now.

3K is a rams fan....Yeah, he's tired of the losing...You gotta remember the GSOT grabbed a generation of fans that had suffered through the 90's with some of the worst ram football on record. And then, bam, 1999 happened. With no announcement, all of a sudden they won, and won it quite the exciting fashion. So it created a new generation of fans. Who flocked to the site...for about 5 years, the team was very successful with an exciting brand of football. Enter the dark years...12 years...of really bad football, on a team with some obvious talent...SJ#39....CLong....JL55...His perspective is as a fan, that really does know the game. And...like a lot of the media, believes Fisher has been given a pass as to how this team is allowed to perform...and produce.

I've had one conversation with 3K...on the TST radio show...He's from out west...Think he lived in the valley or something at one time...and from my perspective, he takes a lot of heat...not just here, but on the site of the team he supports and cares about, because he tells the truth...

I've noticed the cup is half full mentality on blogs...and the rose colored glasses...I'm sure it's difficult to write freely with integrity about about the team you follow, and take constant criticism about his opinion. But he continues...week after week. I think it broke RVB....and he left the site he helped create, TST. Seems strange huh?

I've watched both games now...2 times each. The first half 3 times...I've watched a bunch of the other teams...Jags...Tampa...Bears...Browns...Dallas...NY...Jets & Giants..Hawks, 9ers, Cards..Pats...Steelers...Raiders..Paid attention to the "best" offenses...and the "best" defenses...and IMO...something looks different in their preparation, and our beloved Rams....I can't put a finger on it...can't describe it....Think I smelled it when I went to camp...Our talent is equal....if not better, yet the success isn't there....Something about the Chargers....a team many feel is the epitome of dysfunction...I'm reminded of the Chargers...real talent...but no real success.

I hope I'm wrong...I'm hoping 3K is wrong....if anyone can honestly challenge his assertion with, you know, that Jrry32 style, please do...he likes a good debate just like all of us...that's why we come here, to exchange information and ideals...based on what we've experienced and learned about our great game....

The point of my rant...how can you question the assertion, that the worst offense in the league, that takes a QB first overall, is satisfied with the status quo? and wants to use the same QB from last year, who didn't begin 2015 as the starter? All those offensive coaches...all the scouting...all the draft picks...Remember, SF is probably the worst team in the NFC west...but with our running game, he's not ready...and he's supposed to get ready by sitting? Behind Case??? Really....who is Fisher or anyone trying to fool with that???

While I appreciate other perspectives, yours included, I too found this particular article annoying but for a different reason. Allow me to elaborate.

How many people really think Andrew Luck is a bad QB? Yet, if you ONLY consider his statistics last year, you could draw the same conclusions 3K had made about Keenum and Goff. Did Kurt Warner look great his first training camp? Did he even look good in the pre-season of '99?

Somebody PLEASE recall the state of our offensive line the last half of the 15 season. Injuries, rookies, shuffling of positions... it even effected Gurley's ability to dominate as he did his first four complete games. How much more effective would Case had been if Cook could actually catch a ball? How much better would Goff look if Quick could catch?

To claim that Goff's development hasn't exceeded Keenum's after a few week of camp is an "encapsulation" of what's wrong with Fisher is a statement that actually encapsulates what's wrong with 3k. Fans who know so little about how players and teams develop over time expect microwave like results. They will point to a few teams that "surprised " the league and ignore all that happened that preceded the sudden success.

Such fans would've lauded Rich Brooks in his first year coaching the Rams and missed the fact that the team had an abnormal number of turnovers that boosted the record the first six games before the collapse. This kind of thinking had people call Kurt Warner washed up because he fumbled too much (hey dummies, the QB getting sacked the most is likely to fumble the most). It's a knee jerk. underinformed. and immature viewpoint because it lacks patience and critical thinking that factors all the variables that produce success in this complex sport.

3K has the absolute right to voice his opinion...even if it's has all the value of a rice cake.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Somebody PLEASE recall the state of our offensive line the last half of the 15 season.
Who or is it whom do you blame in this case? In sports, there must always be a scapegoat...and as far as we know, it lies on the coaches....and the scouts they hired/work with....breakable QB behind a pacthwork O-Line...who's to blame? The QB, or the guy that put the patches around him??? How about the replacements for the QB's & the patches? Whom do U blame????

How much better would Goff look if Quick could catch?
Ouch!

Oh, greatly worded diatribe...statement...

Too quick to judge...kneejerk....4 years is too short for a complete turnaround....maybe...Damn shame what Harbaugh & Carroll did to the coaching profession.Not to mention B. Arians & Zimmer. guys that had to wait to become a HC...Wait for what? for guys like Fish to disappear? How about Boles? Hue Jackson? Hell, have you seen Tampa Bay? Have you checked out the Jags?..how dare they become competitive so fast? remember when the nfc west was the weakest division? Not anymore...In 3 short years they would dominate the postseason...with defense...opportunistic offense behind a new breed of mobile QB's...and stingy special teams...Starting in 2012....

I get you...I'm not into change for the sake of changing....I know what could be behind door #2....I'm cool with Fish...but my patience...is finally wearing thin...We wasted SJ#39....Ran JL55 outta town...Ran a player I really liked to the damn Pats....and have had some key pieces leave during FA....Hell, even Ray Ray is ballin....ahahahahahah....Givens, Pead, Richardson...and even Cook...the same Cook that was a serious weapon(but people love to hate)...to the Packers...

How long until it's cool to criticize an inept (archaic) offense...inept concept...are we going in the right direction? As fans, when can we voice our concerns about being blindly led to, to...where?....where are we going? Playoffs? Really?

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Who or is it whom do you blame in this case? In sports, there must always be a scapegoat...and as far as we know, it lies on the coaches....and the scouts they hired/work with....breakable QB behind a pacthwork O-Line...who's to blame? The QB, or the guy that put the patches around him??? How about the replacements for the QB's & the patches? Whom do U blame????

Ouch!

Oh, greatly worded diatribe...statement...

Too quick to judge...kneejerk....4 years is too short for a complete turnaround....maybe...Damn shame what Harbaugh & Carroll did to the coaching profession.Not to mention B. Arians & Zimmer. guys that had to wait to become a HC...Wait for what? for guys like Fish to disappear? How about Boles? Hue Jackson? Hell, have you seen Tampa Bay? Have you checked out the Jags?..how dare they become competitive so fast? remember when the nfc west was the weakest division? Not anymore...In 3 short years they would dominate the postseason...with defense...opportunistic offense behind a new breed of mobile QB's...and stingy special teams...Starting in 2012....

I get you...I'm not into change for the sake of changing....I know what could be behind door #2....I'm cool with Fish...but my patience...is finally wearing thin...We wasted SJ#39....Ran JL55 outta town...Ran a player I really liked to the damn Pats....and have had some key pieces leave during FA....Hell, even Ray Ray is ballin....ahahahahahah....Givens, Pead, Richardson...and even Cook...the same Cook that was a serious weapon(but people love to hate)...to the Packers...

How long until it's cool to criticize an inept (archaic) offense...inept concept...are we going in the right direction? As fans, when can we voice our concerns about being blindly led to, to...where?....where are we going? Playoffs? Really?

Again, the force of my response had to do with the criticism that Goff has yet to overtake Keenum and that "encapsulates" what's wrong with Fisher. Here, 3K implies that Goff lacks the talent to justify the lost draft collateral. He also rants about how poor a QB Keenum must be due to his standings as a backup on previous depth charts. FISHER didn't injure Brown, Saffold, and Havenstein...but he was late in OL developing depth until last year. Previously, they tried to bolster the line w FA vets who broke down. Hell, last year I wanted the Rams to get Evan Mathis and let J Brown grow behind him so I don't blindly agree w everything this staff does. But today, the depth we have BECAUSE Snisher chose an OLine youth movement looks much better than my plan.

My belief is that a healthy Bradford and OLine would've produced winning records the last three years. Fisher lacked clairvoyance with respect to Bradford, Long, and Wells. I mean, there is some luck involved to this. Had the GSOT lost three or four OLinemen to injury in 99, we wouldn't have celebrated a championship. An undefeated Pats team lost the the Giants because they lost one guard in the game to injury.

At 51 years of age and a lifelong Ram fan, I've suffered disappointment more than many and fully acknowledge why patience understandably suffers as the losses multiply. Second guessing is easy in retrospect and there are decisions I'm sure Snisher would like to take as mulligans and do them over. But to claim Goff not being ahead of Keenum on Aug 27 as a prime example of what is wrong with Fisher is f@C&ng short sighted and I fully intend to repost this article next year so we can revisit it.

Btw, 2015 Jags:5-11, Bucs 6-10. Yeah--competitive SO FAST! Yes, they are improving... But you are nearly stating my case by citing their development.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
And...like a lot of the media, believes Fisher has been given a pass as to how this team is allowed to perform...and produce.

I've had one conversation with 3K...on the TST radio show...He's from out west...Think he lived in the valley or something at one time...and from my perspective, he takes a lot of heat...not just here, but on the site of the team he supports and cares about, because he tells the truth

?

That's the problem.....it's his opinion

The truth lies elsewhere

There are a lot of straw men that he's battling with......