3 teams in top 5 need QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gee. I'd say that both Carr and Bortles have outplayed Bridgewater. And I wonder if Garoppolo might do the same if given the opportunity.

I highly doubt that. I watched his preseason tape, he was unimpressive. Did not look good under pressure. His intermediate and deep throws lacked zip and accuracy. He looked good when he could take a 3 step drop and get the ball out of his hands quickly in the 1-10 yard range to his first read. When forced to go down-field, come off his first read, and throw under pressure, he looked bad.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Not sure the Rams will be able to do this, but I concur because if not Goff, IMO, then I would go with Carson Wentz and he will need to sit a year most likely. Goff could start from day one and I have my doubts about Connor Cook as well.

I wouldn't recommend it for any of them, but IMO, if Goff could start from day one, so could the others.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wouldn't recommend it for any of them, but IMO, if Goff could start from day one, so could the others.

I just felt overall Goff has more experience than Lynch & Wentz not Cook, but definitely Lynch & Wentz and with better competition, but you're right anyone can start if coached up right.

FRO

Legend
Just because they need a QB doesn't mean they take on. There are some very good non-QB prospects in this draft and many teams need those positions, too. The only team I don't think will pass on a QB ins SF. Cleveland may give Manziel another shot, or wait until the second round. They have other needs that could be in play high (like a DE who can get to the QB). Dallas may also wait for a QB because I don't think Romo will be going anywhere. Out of the teams selecting before SF, I think we have more to worry about from other teams trading up than those teams taking a QB.
I read somewhere that the 49ers may give Kaepernick another chance. Personally I don't see that happening, but that would be great for us.

FRO

Legend
I'm not sure I trade up for Lynch, I would for Goff though. He already does some of the smaller things that make a great QB. I'm hoping teams view him as Bridgewater and he slide to us.

Stel

Starter
Given current player "rankings" I've seen and team needs, it wouldn't shock me to see the early part of the draft go something like:

Tenn - OT Laremy Tunsil
Cleve - DE Joey Bosa
SD - DB Jalen Ramsey
Dallas - OLB Jalen Smith
SF needs a lot, so if they could attempt to restore Kaep and fill other needs (but my money is on a QB)

After the first 5, the next regularly scheduled selector in dire need of a QB is Philadelphia at #12 (unless they resign Bradford).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Given current player "rankings" I've seen and team needs, it wouldn't shock me to see the early part of the draft go something like:

Tenn - OT Laremy Tunsil
Cleve - DE Joey Bosa
SD - DB Jalen Ramsey
Dallas - OLB Jalen Smith
SF needs a lot, so if they could attempt to restore Kaep and fill other needs (but my money is on a QB)

After the first 5, the next regularly scheduled selector in dire need of a QB is Philadelphia at #12 (unless they resign Bradford).

I'd be shocked. A new regime at Cleveland takes a,QB and so does SF.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Tenn - OT Laremy Tunsil
Cleve - DE Joey Bosa
SD - DB Jalen Ramsey
Dallas - OLB Jalen Smith

You must have forgotten that Smith blew his knee out this weekend and that the Titans used a high first rounder on starting LT Taylor Lewan just a couple years ago.

Stel

Starter
You must have forgotten that Smith blew his knee out this weekend and that the Titans used a high first rounder on starting LT Taylor Lewan just a couple years ago.

Didn't know of Smith's injury but I think Dallas will be in more of a win now mentality and a QB at #4 doesn't help them as much as an immediate impact defensive player. Also think they may look to trade down a bit to add picks.

Don't think Lewan will keep Tennessee from taking Tunsil. Tennessee has given up 50 sacks coming into today, second most in the NFL. They need OL improvement. Tunsil and Lewan would give them bookends for years.

Stel

Starter
I'd be shocked. A new regime at Cleveland takes a,QB and so does SF.

As I said, my money is on SF to take a QB, too. Manziel was an owner's pick from what I remember. Unless the owner has given up on him, I think he gets one more year.

FRO

Legend

Tenn - OT Laremy Tunsil
Cleve - DE Joey Bosa
SD - DB Jalen Ramsey
Dallas - OLB Jalen Smith

With the way Bradford has played the second half of the year I would think the Eagles resign him. Maybe not.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Didn't know of Smith's injury but I think Dallas will be in more of a win now mentality and a QB at #4 doesn't help them as much as an immediate impact defensive player. Also think they may look to trade down a bit to add picks.

Don't think Lewan will keep Tennessee from taking Tunsil. Tennessee has given up 50 sacks coming into today, second most in the NFL. They need OL improvement. Tunsil and Lewan would give them bookends for years.

I could see Dallas trading down if they don't see an available QB as a future replacement for the 36 year old Romo who is coming off a collarbone injury and has back woes. But, even Jones has admitted that it may be time to look for Romo's eventual replacement. And I can't blame him as he just watched how easily his team's season was over without a franchise QB.

I wonder if ownership down here would even allow for another huge OLine investment in Nashville. Methinks they'd deal down or take a defender for sure as many of those sacks are growing pains of the QB.

Edit: Upon further review the Titans might just go that route. Boy are they going to want to trade down.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
I could see Dallas trading down if they don't see an available QB as a future replacement for the 36 year old Romo who is coming off a collarbone injury and has back woes. But, even Jones has admitted that it may be time to look for Romo's eventual replacement. And I can't blame him as he just watched how easily his team's season was over without a franchise QB.

I wonder if ownership down here would even allow for another huge OLine investment in Nashville. Methinks they'd deal down or take a defender for sure as many of those sacks are growing pains of the QB.
I'm thinking they may trade for Manziel. Jerry is a huge fan. May see him as his Steve Young.

Athos

Legend
Browns and Whiners are stupid dumb with QBs. You never know. Whiners D got gutted up front. You could see Bosa.

I bet Tenn wants either the best lineman which means they stay, or trade down enough to get Elliot to keep pressure off Mariota.

Dal could get Elliot too. Hell the Whiners could as well. Maybe could after Gurleys success.