3 questions: Is Warner a Hall of Famer?/ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Nick Wagoner

It's an interesting discussion because the body of work is so small. To me, it always comes back to what the Hall of Fame should be about. I think it should be a living history of the game. In other words, you should be able to walk through the Hall of Fame and come out of there feeling like you have seen all the high points of the game. Kurt Warner's story is too integral to that story to be left out, in my opinion. And while the sample size is small, taking a second previously moribund franchise to the Super Bowl should seal the deal.
Well said, and I agree.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A few years ago while Warner was on that historic run to the SB with AZ the subject came up in the national media and it was pretty close to unanimous that he was. Jason Whitlock said something that stuck with me. Paraphrasing here he said you couldn't talk about the era Warner played in without talking about Warner.

The only argument against him not being in are too small of a sample size. That doesn't carry enough weight.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His story is like no other, and as others have said, the story of the NFL in the last 15 years could not be told without him. I won't mention the rest, cuz others have...But I ask you, how many years did Gayle Sayers play for the HOF Gold Coat?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I disagree with Wagoner saying the sample size is too small.

Over 4000 attempts, over 32000 yards, over 200 TD's.

While it isn't an 18 year career it's not "small".

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Kurt Warner is by far a fist ballot hall of famer IMO. Two time league MVP, Super Bowl MVP, Super Bowl winner, two time NFC championship winner, Super Bowl appearance with the Cards.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yes. Because his story is unlike any other QB in the hall right now.
Add to that his success (with two teams) and it should be a no-brainer.

Dat's what I think, he's a movie waiting to be made, his fame should be greater than just football, every dreamer should see and know his story

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Dat's what I think, he's a movie waiting to be made, his fame should be greater than just football, every dreamer should see and know his story
I wonder if he would ever sign off on a movie. I'd love to see the details of his story and not just the football part. Who would they cast as Warner? I can't think of any known actors that resemble him much.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wonder if he would ever sign off on a movie. I'd love to see the details of his story and not just the football part. Who would they cast as Warner? I can't think of any known actors that resemble him much.
That's already in the works.

Said Warner: “For so long people have told me my life story would make a great movie. I am humbled and thrilled to have found a team as excited as I am to make that happen.”

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/fox...-mvp-qb-kurt-warners-life-rights-for-feature/

moklerman

Warner-phile
Kurt Warner is by far a fist ballot hall of famer IMO. Two time league MVP, Super Bowl MVP, Super Bowl winner, THREE time NFC championship winner, Super Bowl appearance with the Cards.
FTFY.

As someone mentioned, he also has the 3 highest passing yardage games in Super Bowl history, top 3 highest rated post season QB of all time, most TD's in one post season(11) and IMO, the greatest performance in a playoff game by a QB. Sure, Young had 6 TD's against the Chargers in the Super Bowl but I think that performance gets dinged because there wasn't any real competition. Warner had to play flawlessly for the Cardinals to beat the Packers that day since Rodgers and the Packers were putting up points in droves. 5 TD, 4 incompletions by Warner and a 51-45 victory.

Not to mention his story. As unlikely and memorable as his rise from Hyvee stock boy to Arena League star to NFL Europe star to NFL MVP and Super Bowl champion...his rise from the ashes to take the Cardinals to the Super Bowl was arguably more impressive.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
You'd have to cover some tatoos:cool: but Ben Aflleck could pull off the look,Wahlberg could play Vermeil,Brian Cox as Martz,Diane Kruger as Brenda,Javier Barden as Beilicheat,and who else Jeff Fisher as himself.
I just hope whoever does it doesn't try to make any ancillary points ,just tell his story and not some low budget stuff.
Marc Wahlberg would be a great one to make that movie ,he shares Warners deep faith and wouldn't have a problem letting it be a part of the theme like many Hollywood people would.

moklerman

Warner-phile
To put that in perspective a little, he's 46th all-time in attempts.

8th in passer rating
31st in TD passes
4th in yards/game
6th in yards/attempt
4th in completion %

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
To put that in perspective a little, he's 46th all-time in attempts.

8th in passer rating
31st in TD passes
4th in yards/game
6th in yards/attempt
4th in completion %
These numbers say it all! Hall of Fame all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(y)

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
You'd have to cover some tatoos:cool: but Ben Aflleck could pull off the look,Wahlberg could play Vermeil,Brian Cox as Martz,Diane Kruger as Brenda,Javier Barden as Beilicheat,and who else Jeff Fisher as himself.
I just hope whoever does it doesn't try to make any ancillary points ,just tell his story and not some low budget stuff.
Marc Wahlberg would be a great one to make that movie ,he shares Warners deep faith and wouldn't have a problem letting it be a part of the theme like many Hollywood people would.
No, no, no, please no Ben Afleck.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Body of work is too small??
Kurt Warner
2666/4070 65.5% 32,344 yds 208 tds

Steve Young
2667/4149 64.3% 33,124 yds 232 tds

Please. 1st ballot, no brainer.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor