3 offseason moves to a Super Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robert

Rookie
Do I think a rookie can do better than Hill? I absolutely do.

It depends though. Do the Rams half-arse it with the solution and grab the fifth best QB in the draft, or do they make a move and grab someone who's top of the line?

We've seen plenty of rookies play quite admirably recently. Bradford, Newton, RG3, Luck, Wilson. Kaep was practically a rook too when he took over. I'd take the rookie version of any of those guys over what we have.

QB is the one position holding us back. We can use some OL and LB help, but nothing that can't be solved in FA or Day 2/3 of the draft. But mostly, it's just QB. For the life of me, I have no clue why some are so comfortable with taking a conservative, timid approach when it comes to filling the position.

We pulled off the trade of the century to stock up talent for a SB team. Those guys start becoming FA's after next season. If we don't find a QB, the players we acquired won't do us any good. A total utter waste.

Yet some people act like we have all the time in the world. Like we can stand by and wait while Bradford gets his 100th opportunity. So yes. I'm all for trading up and finding a QB by any means necessary.

A good rookie can take this team to the playoffs.

Let's play this out. Let's say the Rams finish 8-8. To get one of the top 2 qb's there probably gonna have to trade there first and second pick atleast if not a first next year. Don't forget we don't have a 4th or 6th rounder anymore. ThAts leaves us with a 3rd 5th and 7th.Can we get a good lineman in the 3rd sure but is he gonna be ready to start who knows. We running the risk of not protecting our new rookie qb. To me doesn't make sense

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Let's play this out. Let's say the Rams finish 8-8. To get one of the top 2 qb's there probably gonna have to trade there first and second pick atleast if not a first next year. Don't forget we don't have a 4th or 6th rounder anymore. ThAts leaves us with a 3rd 5th and 7th.Can we get a good lineman in the 3rd sure but is he gonna be ready to start who knows. We running the risk of not protecting our new rookie qb. To me doesn't make sense

Best case scenario there is Barrett Jones steps up and is the center next year we resign Barkesdale that just leaves us with one hole at RG we can adress that in the 3rd round or free agency.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't get how anyone is still clamoring for Winston.. He has been pretty bad this year, and when he finally faced a decent defense he did not play well - 125 yards, 4 picks?

wow

I work with a guy who is a huge college football fan and he says the guy is over rated and won't make it in the NFL. He said the same thing about how he is playing this year and it leads me to wonder why so many guys want him.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Ndamakong Suh
Ndamakong Suh
Ndamakong Suh

I love Brockers, but....
friday-damn-gif.gif

Quarterbacks be like...
kolbjaw.gif

Jeff Fisher be like...
jack-nicholson-nodding-gif.gif
Ha! If the rams would somehow sign Suh that would possibly be the best defensive line ever! Suh and Donald wow

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Ha! If the rams would somehow sign Suh that would possibly be the best defensive line ever! Suh and Donald wow

If they cut Jake Long, Kendall Langford, and Scott Wells, they'll be near the top in cap space available. If Sam restructures we'll be even higher on the list.

They'd have room to make a big splash signing and address other holes in free agency including a good OL.

I'm giddy about the proposition, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up because it'd be too good to be true.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
1. ) Pick up Beasley, Dismukes, and another Olineman (guard) in the draft
2. ) Restructure bradford
3. ) Sign Hill, Britt, Barksdale, Harkey, and maybe Kendricks to extensions
4. ) Cut Jake Long, Langford, and Wells
5. ) Pick up a few good UDFA guys like we have the last couple years (cunningham, hekker, etc. )
6. ) Maybe pick up a decent FA QB to compete with Bradford, otherwise just see how Davis and Keenum pan out

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
If they cut Jake Long, Kendall Langford, and Scott Wells, they'll be near the top in cap space available. If Sam restructures we'll be even higher on the list.

They'd have room to make a big splash signing and address other holes in free agency including a good OL.

I'm giddy about the proposition, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up because it'd be too good to be true.

I cant help but think that if that somehow happend that the refs would just allow our entire Dline to be held on every play so we didnt injure every QB we played against.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
I cant help but think that if that somehow happend that the refs would just allow our entire Dline to be held on every play so we didnt injure every QB we played against.

Quinn already gets held on every play, so it wouldn't be too much different.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Ndamakong Suh
Ndamakong Suh
Ndamakong Suh

I love Brockers, but....
friday-damn-gif.gif

Quarterbacks be like...
kolbjaw.gif

Jeff Fisher be like...
jack-nicholson-nodding-gif.gif
I'm still just not a fan of making such a serious FA investment at a position we're already pretty stocked at. Other positions need the help more and I don't see Suh being cheap.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I'm still just not a fan of making such a serious FA investment at a position we're already pretty stocked at. Other positions need the help more and I don't see Suh being cheap.

Understandable. I subscribe to the philosophy of building the trenches. Our DT unit is good but they could get even better. I like Brockers, but Suh would help the pass rush, and the run game even more. Could you imagine having two DTs near the top of the league in TFL? Suh is right behind Donald at 14. I could play LB behind those guys and my 40-yard dash is timed with a sun dial.

Signing Suh to a big deal wouldn't preclude us from addressing other units either since we'll have the flexibility with major cap room this offseason.

It's probably not going to happen. But I hope it does.

Robert

Rookie
Roger goodell would come out with a rule stating Quinn long Donald and Suh could not all be on the field together at one time. It wouldn't be safe for quarterbacks

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Roger goodell would come out with a rule stating Quinn long Donald and Suh could not all be on the field together at one time. It wouldn't be safe for quarterbacks

And he'd inforce it himself by naming himself head official for all Rams games.

StevenG-BR

Rookie

Sorry, I don't buy that.

Why not hold out until we have an All Pro at every line position? Seriously. The line is fine. Playing much better, and hasn't been a major issue since Fisher took over. All we really need is a RG, and that can be found in FA or a middle round.

The point is that there's only one major need this offseason, and that's quarterback.

The team is set and ripe for a playoff run. It just need that passer. If we have to do something drastic to fill that one need, so be it.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
One problem is that our fans are so used to being in rebuild mode that we forgot about the win-now mentality.

And with the RG3 players nearing FA, we are most definitely in need of a win-now attitude.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could not disagree more, do you really wanna draft another top shelf QB before fixing the Line?

That in my book would define insanity.

I agree with the OP 110%!!!

Well for starters the Rams are going to cut OT Long, re-sign Barks most likely. That gives them three pieces in place with GRob, Saffold, and Barks. They probably have one young guy out of Person, Rhainey, or Jones who they are high on, who can be in the mix too which is something us fans overlook since we don't get to see these guys develop in practice and know what they're capable of. And Snead is right that a lot of OL come out of nowhere, i.e. get coached up into starters so it's no stretch to think that can happen with one guy on the interior with Boudreaux in place.

Most likely we'll see them add another OG and from there we're looking at a strong OL particularly if it's a guy like Iupati. You can get a good OG outside the first round, too, in the event they decide to draft the position.

But if you look at how Snead and Fish work the draft, they will shore up their biggest weaknesses with FA to minimize going into the draft with holes all over which will be the case on the OL. They're just not going to enter the draft with holes all over the OL. You can bank on that.

So, yes. I do want to draft another top shelf QB. This is a QB driven league and this offense will have everything in place to give even a rookie QB a great chance at a fast start in this league.

iced

I work with a guy who is a huge college football fan and he says the guy is over rated and won't make it in the NFL. He said the same thing about how he is playing this year and it leads me to wonder why so many guys want him.

yea i got a friend who's a FSU homer all the way - still thinks he'll be a top pick lol

Robert

Rookie
One problem is that our fans are so used to being in rebuild mode that we forgot about the win-now mentality.

And with the RG3 players nearing FA, we are most definitely in need of a win-now attitude.

So you think there just gonna let all the players walk that we drafted over the last couple of years Because they have to pay them more money? I don't think so. Everyone is not in rebyild mode they just believe the line is a bigger issue and if Bradford comes back healthy this team will go a longway. I do believe we draft a qb if one drops to us but or maybe round 2 but I don't think we should trade up to get one just my opinion