3 offseason moves to a Super Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The Rams are very well suited imho to taking a rookie QB and having them succeed. They have the RBs, the WRs including the gadget guy, the OL foundations (although yeah, there are a few spots to upgrade), the defense that will keep them in games, the special teams which won't lose games. The QB does not need to be a savior as a rookie, just someone who will follow the system and play within themselves. Worth noting, all these guys we've mentioned (Mariotta, Winston, Precott, Hundley) are mobile, which will help them as rookies; if their first few reads are covered, they can pick up a first down with their feet. They can run an occasional QB draw or a read option run.

Picking a QB for the Raiders? Yeah, has to be a very special guy.

Picking a QB for the Rams? It's like picking a QB for San Fran or Seattle from two years ago. Turns out Kaep was NOT that good, but San Fran was still plenty successful. Wilson grew into the role and continued to grow after getting the starting gig. We need to find Russell Wilson, not Andrew Luck.

No mention of Petty? He might be the second or third QB taken.

SaCkaveli20

Rookie
Name
Chris
1. Restructure Bradford's contract, with an extension but no money guaranteed.
2. Draft Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA
3. Draft Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, from Oklahoma

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Plus how many rookie qbs lead their team to the playoffs.
Off the top of my head
RGIII
Matt Ryan
Russell Wilson
Andy Dalton
Joe Flacco
Ben Roethlisberger
Andrew Luck

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Seriously! I do not under stand why, some people around here, Don't think that Bradford (If he's healthy, and protected) Hill ( If he finishes the season well!) and Case Keenum as our 3rd QB. Are Not a viable set of QB's for the Rams in 2015!! Feel free to pick me apart on this one!

Because that's basically what we have now. And it's not viable.

Robert

Rookie
Because that's basically what we have now. And it's not viable.

And do you think a rookie would be doing playing over hill if we would have drafted one? I don't argue taking a quarterback but not in the 1st round unless mariota or Winston fall to us. It happens every year teams that need quartebacks reach for one and pass on other needs and better talent hoping it works out. I don't think Snead and fisher are dumb enough to do that. Build the line and take a qb in the 2nd or 3rd if they like a guy being back hill or another vet just in case sam gets hurt.

iced

I don't get how anyone is still clamoring for Winston.. He has been pretty bad this year, and when he finally faced a decent defense he did not play well - 125 yards, 4 picks?

wow

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't get how anyone is still clamoring for Winston.. He has been pretty bad this year, and when he finally faced a decent defense he did not play well - 125 yards, 4 picks?

wow
Plus Jameis is not going to the NFL he will head into MLB instead.

Athos

Legend
The Rams are very well suited imho to taking a rookie QB and having them succeed

Yea, probably. But this class sucks shit. Mariota and Hundley are the only ones I'm feeling. Prescott is trash and a RH Tebow. Does nothing great and a great deal mediocre.

If we aren't getting either one of those, steal a QB off a team's bench/PS to groom. (What's Connor Shaw doing these days? Could be a poor man's Russell Wilson.)

Beef up that line and draft DGB. And pray.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Yea, probably. But this class sucks crap. Mariota and Hundley are the only ones I'm feeling. Prescott is trash and a RH Tebow. Does nothing great and a great deal mediocre.

If we aren't getting either one of those, steal a QB off a team's bench/PS to groom. (What's Connor Shaw doing these days? Could be a poor man's Russell Wilson.)

Beef up that line and draft DGB. And pray.

Regardless of who the Rams draft, there will be prayer involved.

Who is DGB? Dak Brescott? Dobert Griffin the Bird?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Regardless of who the Rams draft, there will be prayer involved.

Who is DGB? Dak Brescott? Dobert Griffin the Bird?
Dorial Green-Beckham

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
3 offseason moves to a Super Bowl?

Move Seattle, SF and AZ out of the NFC West.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Seriously! I do not under stand why, some people around here, Don't think that Bradford (If he's healthy, and protected) Hill ( If he finishes the season well!) and Case Keenum as our 3rd QB. Are Not a viable set of QB's for the Rams in 2015!! Feel free to pick me apart on this one!
I like this post. Bradford, Hill, Keenum. Davis is not a quality QB. Yah he had a few good games then when the pressure was on he folded big time, not rookie mistakes. I want to see Keenum play and see what he has got. He played well for a bad team last year. For goodness sakes get him in the game now.
As far as the draft I agree with the OP except I would go OL, OL, OL with the first three picks. The Rams MUST get this OL squared away and they need help at C, G, and RT. Barksdale is good at the run but he lacks a lot at pass protection. The defense is playing well, the WR are playing well, the RB are playing well, the OL is not playing well, its playing semi-ok and not good enough at pass protection. Build a solid OL wall and any of the above three QB's will do well and Bradford will thrive.

jjab360

Legend
3 offseason moves to a Super Bowl?

Move Seattle, SF and AZ out of the NFC West.
I respect those teams but we've held our own with all of them and then some. It's our own inconsistency and the teams outside of the division that have been the real death of us this season.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I respect those teams but we've held our own with all of them and then some. It's our own inconsistency and the teams outside of the division that have been the real death of us this season.
Blue font.

jjab360

Legend
Blue font.
I thought the sarcasm was because it's not possible to move 3 teams out of a division, not because you were mocking the media who thinks they're out of our league.

I think we need different shades of blue font for clarity.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
And do you think a rookie would be doing playing over hill if we would have drafted one? I don't argue taking a quarterback but not in the 1st round unless mariota or Winston fall to us. It happens every year teams that need quartebacks reach for one and pass on other needs and better talent hoping it works out. I don't think Snead and fisher are dumb enough to do that. Build the line and take a qb in the 2nd or 3rd if they like a guy being back hill or another vet just in case sam gets hurt.

Do I think a rookie can do better than Hill? I absolutely do.

It depends though. Do the Rams half-arse it with the solution and grab the fifth best QB in the draft, or do they make a move and grab someone who's top of the line?

We've seen plenty of rookies play quite admirably recently. Bradford, Newton, RG3, Luck, Wilson. Kaep was practically a rook too when he took over. I'd take the rookie version of any of those guys over what we have.

QB is the one position holding us back. We can use some OL and LB help, but nothing that can't be solved in FA or Day 2/3 of the draft. But mostly, it's just QB. For the life of me, I have no clue why some are so comfortable with taking a conservative, timid approach when it comes to filling the position.

We pulled off the trade of the century to stock up talent for a SB team. Those guys start becoming FA's after next season. If we don't find a QB, the players we acquired won't do us any good. A total utter waste.

Yet some people act like we have all the time in the world. Like we can stand by and wait while Bradford gets his 100th opportunity. So yes. I'm all for trading up and finding a QB by any means necessary.

A good rookie can take this team to the playoffs.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Hopefully we don't throw away everything that we gained from the Washington trade by making the same mistake that they did and trade our whole draft for a QB prospect.

lockdnram21

Legend
Because Bradford is a big If and he probably want be ready at the beginning of the season. Hill is ok but i wouldnt want him to haveto start over 4-5 games. I dont like Davis or Keenu. I would rather GiveGarrett Gilbert a shot

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Hopefully we don't throw away everything that we gained from the Washington trade by making the same mistake that they did and trade our whole draft for a QB prospect.

Rams made a big move to trade up for Tavon... Yet I don't see anyone saying we gave up our future to get him.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Ndamakong Suh
Ndamakong Suh
Ndamakong Suh

I love Brockers, but....
friday-damn-gif.gif

Quarterbacks be like...
kolbjaw.gif

Jeff Fisher be like...
jack-nicholson-nodding-gif.gif

Last edited: