3 Moves St. Louis Rams Should Have Made This Offseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fancents86

Starter
The whole thing with Zac still pisses me off. Some say he didn't play as well or whatever, it was his sophomore year! You don't just dump a dude halfway through his sophomore year bc of a slight slump. Hell half our team would be traded if that were the case. He was injured a bit, but they picked up a dude with an acl tear who can't even start at the beginning of this season.

Aside from that, what really gets me is how they handled it. I was a huge Stacey fan. I tuned in every Sunday in hopes to see him demolish dlines. His jersey was the next on my list to get. As someone who pays money to watch this team and spends money on merch, I think we deserve a little insight on what went wrong with any player.

I believe it was the cards game, but pretty much his last game of the season, they had a very touching/feel good vid about him and his bro with Down syndrome. After that though, you never saw him again. Dick move IMO.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Still feel that Mathis would be a smart move for this team. All Pro players don't fall off the back of the truck too often, especially at positions of dire need. There's a lot of positivity about the young guns we drafted, and I'm excited about it too, but to just let Mathis slip because there's 'Pro Bowl potential' in a guy that hasn't slapped on pads at a position he didn't play in college is just a little too cutesy for me.

The Collins thing is no big deal to me. Would you really feel comfortable spending a premier draft pick on a kid being questioned in a murder investigation in today's NFL environment? I wouldn't. Add in reports that they would be determined to sit out if he were drafted, that's more distraction than I'd want.

Stacy? Loved the guy, but his diminished returns last year left me surprised we got a pick at all. I wish him the best in NY, but I just did not see his value on this team moving forward.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Though Wisniewski went so damn cheap, we should have made a play.
There is a reason he was cheap...he played like shit last year...not sure what his problem was....Everything else is spot on Jack....Strange how just an inquiry for some information can cost a young man so much $$$$...What if La'el didn't have an alibi???? Here's hoping B. Jones can turn into his ole Bama self...I just read this from Nick W. Seems I heard this before...

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...battle-for-starting-center-job-looms-for-rams

• Three-way battle for starting center job looms for Rams
    26m
    • i

Nick Wagoner, ESPN Staff Writer

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- With the St. Louis Rams set to open training camp at the end of the month, we'll spend the rest of this week taking a look at four of the position battles worth watching as camp approaches.

The Rams report for training camp on July 29.

The position: Center

The contenders: Tim Barnes, Barrett Jones, Demetrius Rhaney

Outlook: None of the other primary training camp battles offer as much uncertainty as this one. Barnes, Jones and Rhaney are almost wholly unproven in the NFL as starters and Rams coach Jeff Fisher has been very open with the idea of these three battling it out throughout camp and the preseason. Organized team activities didn't really offer many clues as to which player might have an edge as the Rams rotated all three contenders with the first team throughout the spring. Barnes would seem to be a logical choice because he's the only one with starting experience though he's only started four games. Jones has limited experience in games and Rhaney sat out his rookie season because of a knee injury. Jones is considered the most intelligent of the three, which is an important attribute for the pivot man. Rhaney has earned positive reviews for his athleticism and toughness. Barnes is something of a mix of the two and knows the offense as well as any lineman on the team.

Projection: All three players are legitimate contenders making this the most difficult position battle to project heading toward camp. Fisher has said the Rams will continue to rotate the trio throughout camp and hopes to settle in to a starter a couple of weeks in. The guess here is that the Rams would like to see Jones win the job given the investment they've made in him in terms of time and draft capital. Assuming he can stay healthy and has added the strength necessary to hold up in the middle, he's the presumptive favorite. But we won't rule out any of the possibilities and it's worth reiterating once again that Rhaney should not be discounted in this. While the Rams have a habit of talking up all of their players, the discussion of Rhaney's potential seems to be much more than just lip service. Don't be surprised if this comes down to Jones and Rhaney with Jones narrowly winning the job.