2nd half predictions?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think that Fisher is still going to put together a plan to try and win every week...but I also think he is going to go a similar route to what Shannahan is doing, evaluation.

I think Brian Quick and some other youngsters are going to start getting thrown into the fire.

What about you?

bluecoconuts

Legend
BQ gets his first TD in the next 3 weeks.
Pead gets some touches

Rams win 3-5 more games. Jets, Cardinals, Bills, Vikings, Bucs are all pretty winnable. I also think we'll split the 49ers, and of course we can take Seattle again.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
BQ gets his first TD in the next 3 weeks.
Pead gets some touches

Rams win 3-5 more games. Jets, Cardinals, Bills, Vikings, Bucs are all pretty winnable. I also think we'll split the 49ers, and of course we can take Seattle again.

I agree with a lot of your post, but I do have to admit it is optimistic agreement.

The Bucs are a team on the rise in a big way. Their offense is one that I see the Rams resembling once the offensive line solidifies next season.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
5-3 is very possible in the 2nd half. And if the Rams split with the 49ers, It could be better than that. Erase the Patriots game from memory. This team is better than that outcome.

The Jets are 3-5. The Cardinals are 4-5. The Bills are 3-5. The Bucs are 4-4. The Seahawks and Vikings are 5-4. The 49ers are 6-2. The Rams could easily be 5-3 so other than the 49ers, all the other opponents, in my opinion, are no better than the Rams.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ramhusker said:
5-3 is very possible in the 2nd half. And if the Rams split with the 49ers, It could be better than that. Erase the Patriots game from memory. This team is better than that outcome.

The Jets are 3-5. The Cardinals are 4-5. The Bills are 3-5. The Bucs are 4-4. The Seahawks and Vikings are 5-4. The 49ers are 6-2. The Rams could easily be 5-3 so other than the 49ers, all the other opponents, in my opinion, are no better than the Rams.
Yeah I'm hoping we can go .500 over that stretch of games.
I have to say a nice outing on the road against San Fran Sunday would re-encourage me AND them , but being blown out by NE was no mirage.
The Seattle game isn't shaping up the way I was hoping it would ,IMO we go in there mathematically out of playoff contention and Seattle needing to win to get IN.
Those are the two games I see as being the most difficult to get W's.
Otherwise we are talented enough to win all the rest( but are too young to expect that) if we can get a little better in the red zone and stay healthy.
JMO we don't see passing attacks like the last two again this year unless we sneak into the playoffs so we aught to be IN every game .
My prediction 4-4.
We MUST get some safety play this week Vernon Davis is no joke.

STLINI

UDFA
When you look at the 2nd wild card spot for the playoffs, it really is wide open in the NFC. I would bet that the team that wins that spot is 9-7, with a chance of 8-8.

I don't think we will win either game against the 9ers, so that would put us at 7 losses. I think we should win against: Jets, @Zona, and Minny.

I think we have every chance to win, but will be the underdogs: @TB, @Buf, @ Seattle.

So in a best case scenario, I think we could be 9-7. Realistically, I think we end up at 6-10 or 7-9. Until we prove that we can win on the road, it's tough to think that we could sweep all of those road games.

If you look at the remaining schedules for the likely playoff contenders like Detroit, Seattle, New Orleans, Dallas and Tampa; it really is hard to get all of those teams to 9 wins. Until we lose a game that isn't the 9ers, I'd consider us in the playoff mix.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Wow, I'm optimistic about our future, but don't think we'll win more than 6 or 7 games this year. I think we'll have a shot to win more, similar to Lions and Dolphin games, but winning all the 'winnable' games isn't going to happen.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I don't think Fish plays the youngsters more unless they actually EARN the time. I believe winning is Fish's top priority , and that will probably keep BQ on the sidelines just like the first half.

I don't like to predict wins & losses (one of my superstitions).

I would be very satisfied with a winning record against our Division. That would set an excellent stage for next year.

STLINI

UDFA
iBruce said:
Wow, I'm optimistic about our future, but don't think we'll win more than 6 or 7 games this year. I think we'll have a shot to win more, similar to Lions and Dolphin games, but winning all the 'winnable' games isn't going to happen.

Thats why I said, realistically, 6-7 wins is what we'll end up with. 9 would be an abosolute best case scenario as I see it.

STLINI

UDFA
Just saw this on ESPN. Rams have the 5th easiest remaining schedule behind Dallas, Pittsburgh, Jets and Redskins.

5. St. Louis Rams

2012 playoff odds: 5.5 percent
Random schedule odds: 2.0 percent
Difference: +3.5 percent

The Rams are a long, long, long shot to make the playoffs as is, but they have six very winnable games the rest of the way. Of course, they also have two games against the 49ers. The best offenses they face outside of San Fran are Tampa Bay and Buffalo, not exactly terrifying matchups for their mediocre defense. With an extremely outside shot at 9-7, the Rams still have about a 1-in-20 chance at postseason football.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/ ... f-schedule

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I hope w/ Danny, Wells, Saffold coming back the O gets stabilized a bit. I want to see Schotty use the RBs a lot more. I want Quick to get involved more.

Rams are capable of beating any team, but they need to be more consistent on both O and D. Cards, Jets, Vikings, Bills, Bucs are beatable. The other 3 are harder. And there's only 3 more home games so. It's gonna be a tough out.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
A winning record in their division would be a huge plus. 0-6 in the West was really ugly last year.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
STLINI said:
Just saw this on ESPN. Rams have the 5th easiest remaining schedule behind Dallas, Pittsburgh, Jets and Redskins.

5. St. Louis Rams

2012 playoff odds: 5.5 percent
Random schedule odds: 2.0 percent
Difference: +3.5 percent

The Rams are a long, long, long shot to make the playoffs as is, but they have six very winnable games the rest of the way. Of course, they also have two games against the 49ers. The best offenses they face outside of San Fran are Tampa Bay and Buffalo, not exactly terrifying matchups for their mediocre defense. With an extremely outside shot at 9-7, the Rams still have about a 1-in-20 chance at postseason football.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/ ... f-schedule

I wonder how those odds change when the Rams beat the 49ers in SF??? :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I see two more wins for the Rams, and two more for the Redskins.

So that means two picks in the top 6. And hopefully another outstanding trade down for additional picks. I think the trade last year can also get an extra first rounder next year which would be great.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Believe me fella's, I'd like to be as optimistic as some. In fact, it's your loyalty and optimism that endears me to this blog site (1st rate). That said, prior to the regular season, I expected the Rams to win 5 or perhaps 6 games. Then following their remarkable first 5 games, I think we all got caught up by the quick start and so when given the opportunity, I revised my picks up a notch to 7 or even possibly 8 wins.

Well reality has set back in, I truely believe that with the original starting O line and perhaps a change or two along the way we could have conceivably been 5-3 as has been expressed even by Fisher.

As for the 2nd half, I'm afraid I have to step back to my original prediction and (guess) they win 2 or maybe 3 more (Jets, Minn) and possibly Arizona for their 1st road win.

Naturally, should they surprise, all the better.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
ramsince62 said:
Believe me fella's, I'd like to be as optimistic as some. In fact, it's your loyalty and optimism that endears me to this blog site (1st rate). That said, prior to the regular season, I expected the Rams to win 5 or perhaps 6 games. Then following their remarkable first 5 games, I think we all got caught up by the quick start and so when given the opportunity, I revised my picks up a notch to 7 or even possibly 8 wins.

Well reality has set back in, I truely believe that with the original starting O line and perhaps a change or two along the way we could have conceivably been 5-3 as has been expressed even by Fisher.

As for the 2nd half, I'm afraid I have to step back to my original prediction and (guess) they win 2 or maybe 3 more (Jets, Minn) and possibly Arizona for their 1st road win.

Naturally, should they surprise, all the better.
Reality? As in we got blown out in London and lost at home, both to 2 very prolific offenses? Reality also says we don't face another offense like that this year. That is, until the playoffs. :hehe:

I don't predict losses; never will. All the road games are winnable because the opposing offenses aren't the caliber of Green Bay or NE. Plus 3 of them are against Division opponents. Say what you will about SF being SB-worthy and Seattle being tough at home; anything can happen when division rivals play. The toughest game remaining on our schedule is this Sunday. Beyond that, the 50-50 games are in Seattle, Buffalo and Tampa, and SF at home.

Still, there are no gimmes among the other 3 (Jets, Vikings, @ Az).

diggity

Rookie
I agree that Quick/Givens(even though he has made some plays)...have to be thrown into the "fire".
The RAMS lose nothing by giving these Kids their chance, whether they're 100% ready with the O knowledge, or whether or not they have all the little things down pat.
This is a better team than in the past few years, but they have to stop killing themselves with the horribly timed penalties and mistakes. Not nearly as many as in the past, but...man o man, they come at bad times.
At 3-5, I think they could have been better, but...I thought 8-8, so...5-3 in the remaining 8 games is not out of the realm of possibility.
GO RAMS!!!!!!