2nd-3rd round tackle visits Rams.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Can't say I know who he is, I usually only know the 1st round OL prospects, but I looked up his profile:

STRENGTHS

Big hands and nice length. Light on his feet. Flashes strength in his punch. Tries to run his feet on contact. Is athletic enough to fan the rush when all his moving parts are coordinated. Aware to handle stunts. Energetic playing temperament -- competes and blocks to the whistle. Four-year starter for the nation's preeminent I-AA program. Smart, hardworking and dependable. Has NFL bloodlines.

WEAKNESSES
Needs to improve his core strength and fortify his base. Plays too tall and narrow-based -- pad level fluctuates. Does not explode on contact. Footwork and technique need refinement. Carries his hands low. Tends to overextend and bend at the waist. Average contact balance and body control. Slides off blocks. Struggles to clear his feet as a puller. Inconsistent connecting and sustaining on the second level.

BOTTOM LINE
Big-framed, raw, aggressive FCS standout who flashes a nice combination of foot quickness, punch strength and nastiness to warrant consideration as a project. Has a bit of a bull-in-a-china-shop element at this stage of his career, but has moldable tools and could develop into a swing backup.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/billy-turner?id=2543740

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
BILLY TURNER, OT
SCHOOL: NORTH DAKOTA STATE | CONFERENCE: GATE
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: SHOREVIEW, MN
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-5 / 315 LBS.

COMBINE RESULTS
40 YD20 YD10 YD225 BENCHVERTICAL JUMPBROADSHUTTLE3-CONE DRILL
5.16--25289'0"4.717.92

STRENGTHS:
Athletic with good shuffle to protect the edge, staying light on his feet to mirror. Good set up quickness, patience and reflexes with body coordination and bend. Strong at the point of attack with powerful initial jolt, generating power from his built upper body and long arms. Doesn?t slow at contact, showing latch-and-drive quickness and fight through the whistle. Good vision at the second level and the open field to come off initial block and eliminate the LB/DB ? looks natural on combo blocks. Has the frame to get stronger. Looks to punish and plays with a mean, nasty temperament. Easy to appreciate his on-field demeanor. Energetic finisher and plays through the whistle. Football bloodlines as his father played RB at Utah State and was drafted by Minnesota Vikings (1983), brother played LB at BYU and was drafted by NY Giants (2008). Four-year starter with time at both left and right tackle (56 career starts ? 44 left tackle, 12 right tackle) ? two-time consensus All-American (2012-13) and part of three straight FCS National Championships.

WEAKNESSES: High cut body type with leaner-than-ideal lower body. Needs to keep his belt and butt low to stay balanced and win with leverage. Needs to keep his pad level low and dig his cleats in the ground, can be knocked off balance in space. Bad habit of lunging and allowing his upper half to be overextended. Needs to stay under control on the move to better break down. Late to protect the edge at times and looks more comfortable when not asked to cover a large area. Needs to do a better job with hand placement to better redirect rushers and keep defenders from attacking his body. Level of competition is a question mark ? didn?t face top-flight talent week-to-week in college. All of his experience is at tackle, not inside at guard.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1766166/billy-turner

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Can't say I know who he is, I usually only know the 1st round OL prospects, but I looked up his profile:

STRENGTHS
Big hands and nice length. Light on his feet. Flashes strength in his punch. Tries to run his feet on contact. Is athletic enough to fan the rush when all his moving parts are coordinated. Aware to handle stunts. Energetic playing temperament -- competes and blocks to the whistle. Four-year starter for the nation's preeminent I-AA program. Smart, hardworking and dependable. Has NFL bloodlines.

WEAKNESSES
Needs to improve his core strength and fortify his base. Plays too tall and narrow-based -- pad level fluctuates. Does not explode on contact. Footwork and technique need refinement. Carries his hands low. Tends to overextend and bend at the waist. Average contact balance and body control. Slides off blocks. Struggles to clear his feet as a puller. Inconsistent connecting and sustaining on the second level.

BOTTOM LINE
Big-framed, raw, aggressive FCS standout who flashes a nice combination of foot quickness, punch strength and nastiness to warrant consideration as a project. Has a bit of a bull-in-a-china-shop element at this stage of his career, but has moldable tools and could develop into a swing backup.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/billy-turner?id=2543740
Dayummm, almost the exact same article :ROFLMAO:

You know what they say about great minds... (y) :cool:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
There are a few of us, myself included, who have watched games, and tape of him. He has been a very fast riser in this draft. The Rams showed interest in him at the Senior Bowl, maybe before, at the East West Shrine game, where he really caught my eye. He looked very athletic, and powerful to me. He needs some technique work, but he's another one of those guys who appears to be very versatile, in that he has the goods to play both Tackle positions, or Guard. He is strong enough, and quick enough to be scheme versatile as well.

I, personally, really liked him as a sleeper, early on, but he may have worked his way into the bottom half of the first, or top half of the second. IMO, he could be a day one starter.

Alan

Legend
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1935874-senior-bowl-2014-a-full-draft-scouting-guide
One of the best aspects of the Senior Bowl is its ability to make members of the media and, yes, even scouts recognize prospects they hadn't really noticed before. Small-school prospects like Jeff Janis (WR Saginaw Valley State), Pierre Desir (CB Lindenwood) and Billy Turner (OT North Dakota State) impressed throughout the week. A solid game could send people running even faster back to the tape.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...or-South/4cca79df-08df-44ef-ab4f-0a67c09edba3
Scout's Eye: Mike Davis, Billy Turner Shine For South

• The player that I am most looking forward to studying when I arrived back in Dallas is North Dakota State offensive tackle Billy Turner.
I understand this club has not had a great history of drafting small school offensive linemen, but this player might be different. During the week, he lined up at left tackle, but he also got some work at guard as well.

I believe I would play him at right tackle and let him go to work from that position. The jump in competition did not look too much for him and his play was consistent throughout. He played with nice power in the running game and was able to get some good push off the snap. He showed good quickness, and once engaged, he worked to finish.

He was good on his cut off and reach blocks. His pass sets were good, but there were some reps where he needed to be a little quicker to get to the outside and get set up.

I think the quickness and speed of these defensive ends and linebackers surprised him a bit. The more reps he took, the better he played. It was good to see him get a look at guard and I am sure that is where he will get a look in Saturday's game as well.
At 6-5, 318, there is no doubt he has the size but just not the background. But this will be a great experience for him to have played in this game.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014...mock-draft-rankings-all-senior-bowl-team.html
At the beginning of the week I put together my list of the top 32 Senior Bowl prospects of 2014, now that the game is officially behind us it’s time to re-evaluate the list and see whose risen or fallen. Also, included in this post are my picks for the 2014 All-Senior Bowl teams and a few other notes as we put this part of the draft process behind us. Now it’s on to the combine.

2014 Senior Bowl Top Prospect List

1. Zack Martin, OT/OG, Notre Dame

2. Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh

3. Dee Ford, DE, Auburn

4. Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State

5. Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU

6. Ra’Shede Hageman, DL, Minnesota

7. C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa

8. Chris Borland, LB, Wisconsin

9. Jimmie Ward, SAF, Northern Illinois

10. Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia

11. Keith McGill, CB, Utah

12. Telvin Smith, LB, Florida State

13. Chris Smith, DE, Arkansas

14. Robert Herron, WR, Wyoming

15. Stanley Jean-Baptist, CB, Nebraska

16. Christian Kirksey, LB, Iowa

17. Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada

18. Brandon Thomas, OL, Clemson

19. Christian Jones, LB, Iowa

20. Marcus Smith, OLB, Louisville

21. Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State

22. Jack Mewhort, OT, Ohio State

23. Caraun Reid, DT, Princeton

24. Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech

25. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt

26. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois

27. DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State

28. Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State

29. Billy Turner, OL, North Dakota State

30. Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood

31. Weston Richburg, OC, Colorado State

32. Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin

** Aaron Colvin would make the list easily if not for his injury

Under the Radar Players who Helped Their Stock (No order):

1) Kevin Norwood, WR, Alabama
2) Josh Huff, WR, Oregon
3) Lorenzo Taliferro, RB, Coastal Carolina
4) James White, RB, Wisconsin
5) Kain Colter, WR, Northwestern
6) Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
7) Nevin Lawson, CB, Utah State
8) Lamin Barrow, ILB, LSU
9) Jordan Tripp, LB, Montana
10) DeAndre Coleman, DT, Cal
11) Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorado State
12) Jon Halapio, OG, Florida

Players That Hurt Their Stock (No order):

1) Every QB except Carr and Garoppolo
2) Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee
3) Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
4) Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina
5) Michael Sam, DE/OLB, Mizzou
6) Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama
7) Gabe Ikard, OC, Oklahoma
8) Isaiah Lewis, S, Michigan State
9) Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley
10) Mike Davis, WR, Texas

2014 NEPD All-Senior Bowl Team

Offense

QB: Derek Carr, Fresno State
RB: Charles Sims, West Virginia
WR: Kevin Norwood, Alabama
WR: Josh Huff, Oregon
WR: Robert Herron, Wyoming
TE: CJ Fiedorowicz, Iowa
OT: Zach Martin, Notre Dame
OG: Gabe Jackson, Miss. St.
OC: Weston Richburg, Colorado State
OG: Joel Bitonio, Nevada
OT: Morgan Moses, Virginia

Defense:

DE: Dee Ford, Auburn
DT: Aaron Donald, Pitt
DT: Caraun Reid, DT, Princeton
DE: Chris Smith, Arkansas
OLB: Christian Kirksey, Iowa
ILB: Chris Borland, Wisconsin
OLB: Kyle Van Noy, BYU
CB: Keith McGill, Utah
CB: Stanley Jean-Baptist, Nebraska
SAF: Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois
SAF: Deone Buccanon, Washington State

2nd Team Offense

QB: Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois
RB: James White, Wisconsin
WR: Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin
WR: Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt
WR: Kain Colter, Northwestern
TE: Crockett Gillmore, Colorado State
OT: Brandon Thomas, Clemson
OG: Jon Halapio, Florida
OC: Travis Swanson, Arkansas
OG: Brandon Linder, Miami(FL)
OT: Seantrel Henderson, Miami(FL)

2nd Team Defense

DL: Justin Ellis, LA Tech
DL: Ra’Shede Hageman, Minnesota
DL: DeAndre Coleman, Cal
DL: DaQuan Jones, Penn State
LB: Christian Jones, Florida State
LB: Lamin Barrow, LSU
LB: Telvin Smith, Florida State
DB: Pierre Desir, Lindenwood
DB: Jaylen Watkins, Florida
DB: Walt Aikens, Liberty
DB: Craig Loston, LSU

All Senior Bowl Mock Draft

1) Houston Texans – Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
2) St. Louis Rams (Wash) – Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame
3) Jacksonville Jaguars – Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn
4) Cleveland Browns – Ra’Shede Hageman, DL, Minnesota
5) Oakland Raiders – Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
6) Atlanta Falcons – Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – CJ Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
8) Minnesota Vikings – Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU
9) Buffalo Bills – Jimmie Ward, SAF, Northern Illinois
10) Detroit Lions – Keith McGill, CB, Utah
11) Tennessee Titans – Chris Smith, DE, Arkansas
12) New York Giants – Chris Borland, LB, Wisconsin
13) St. Louis Rams – Stanley Jean-Baptist, CB, Nebraska
14) Chicago Bears – Telvin Smith, LB, Florida State
15) Pittsburgh Steelers – Jack Mewhort, OT, Ohio State
16) Baltimore Ravens – Robert Herron, WR, Wyoming
17) Dallas Cowboys – Christian Kirksey, LB, Iowa
18) New York Jets – Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
19) Miami Dolphins – Joel Bitonio, OL, Nevada
20) Arizona Cardinals – Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois
21) Green Bay Packers – DaQuan Jones, DL, Penn State
22) Philadelphia Eagles – Deone Buccanon, SAF, Washington State
23) Kansas City Chiefs – Brandon Thomas, OL, Clemson
24) Cincinnati Bengals – Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State
25) San Diego Chargers – Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
26) Cleveland Browns – Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia
27) New Orleans Saints – Marcus Smith, OLB, Louisville
28) Carolina Panthers – Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin
29) New England Patriots – Christian Jones, LB, Florida State
30) San Francisco 49ers – Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood
31) Denver Broncos – Weston Richburg, OC, Colorado State
32) Seattle Seahawks – Caraun Reid, DT, Princeton

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-fo...andouts-whose-names-you-will-soon-know-012114
Billy Turner, OT, North Dakota State

The offensive line drills are always fun to watch. I’m always impressed at how well those big fellas do cone drills, showing off their agility and athleticism.

Nevada’s Joel Bitonio was quite impressive in every drill, particularly during one in which the players had to rapidly shuffle to a specific cone pointed out by a coach while trying to stay low and keep the bar parallel to the ground. Oklahoma’s Gabe Ikard, Florida State’s Bryan Stork and the towering Morgan Moses from Virginiaalso impressed.

But it was Turner, the FCS player, who was grabbing a lot of attention. He has good size at 6-5 and 310 pounds, and a long-time NFL offensive line coach with whom I was talking said, “He has quick feet and good knee bend -- all the way to 90 degrees -- and he’s able to keep his chest upright while bending.”

That coach said Turner, who helped the Bison win three straight FCS championships, was the one lineman in the group who had impressed him the most on the first day of drills. Here’s video of Turner going against Kansas State in 2013:
Go to the url to see a video of Turner vs Kansas State

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are a few of us, myself included, who have watched games, and tape of him. He has been a very fast riser in this draft. The Rams showed interest in him at the Senior Bowl, maybe before, at the East West Shrine game, where he really caught my eye. He looked very athletic, and powerful to me. He needs some technique work, but he's another one of those guys who appears to be very versatile, in that he has the goods to play both Tackle positions, or Guard. He is strong enough, and quick enough to be scheme versatile as well.

I, personally, really liked him as a sleeper, early on, but he may have worked his way into the bottom half of the first, or top half of the second. IMO, he could be a day one starter.

He has more than enough physical talent to be a stud...but I'm worried about his technique.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He has more than enough physical talent to be a stud...but I'm worried about his technique.
Me too, which is where I had him ranked, but OL coaches see this kids talent, and figure they can work with him. I think that's why he's a fast riser. I worry more about a player with technique issues that come out of a big-time program. What I don't know, is if he had a great position coach in college.

V3

Hall of Fame
I heard about him a while ago and watched him and was impressed. His feet are really quick. I think he only played like one good school last year (K State) but he looked pretty darn good in that game.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can teach technique...and the Rams have a pretty good guy doing that.

iced

I wouldn't be surprised if we got him in the 3rd or 4th round. he's rated 29th out of 32 - out of the seniors.

With over 100 underclassmen , there will be talent available late...cant wait...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I have been high on Turner for a while. Would love to grab him in the 3rd regardless of who we grab in the first round. Could be a great guard and swing tackle, and possibly a good RT in the future.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Turner went to my hometown school (NDSU). Great kid, heard lots of stories about him. Helluva player and anchored the line on a 3x peat national championship team. Also, way cooler than Craig Dahl (also NDSU alum).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can teach technique...and the Rams have a pretty good guy doing that.

Sometimes. There are some glaring technical flaws in his game and I don't like the way he bends.