28 Things You Know To Be True If You Went To A Small High School

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
28 Things You Know To Be True If You Went To A Small High School

school5_zpsuqwdlr5h.jpg

High School is either a really beneficial or a really terrible time in everyone's life. There was acne, bullies, and unfair social cliques, but some came out on top. There are so many movies about high school because it's such a unique, difficult, and somehow fun time in everybody's life. Many have similar high school
experiences. However, if you went to a small high school, you know that they are in a league of their own.

1. You knew everyone's name and their mom. And what she did for a living.

2. You only had one or two teachers for each subject for the entire school.

3. Since there weren't many students, the dating scene got really weird, really quickly.

4. News spread like wildfire.

5. The boys who played football also did basketball, baseball. wrestling track and field , band , choir and drama

6. If you were in one club you were in eight. It looked good on a resume, though.

7. You probably had a decent class rank, because there were so few students.

8. You assume people not from your school are automatically incompetent.

9. Your graduation lasted under an hour.

10. You got close to your teachers since they had you in class multiple times.

11. You graduated with the same people you were in kindergarten with.

12. Except for the few who left to go to bigger schools.

13. "Tryouts" consisted of cutting maybe 1or 2 people from the team.

14. Your football team was so small that the offense also played defense.

15. Future Farmers of America (FFA) was probably the most successful thing at your school.

16. No matter where you went to college, it was a huge leap from high school.

17. Your teachers probably went to your high school.

18. Or at least taught your parents.

19. Your school funding was almost nonexistent so anytime the school got anything new, it was a big deal.

20. The new kid became popular quickly, because he/she was the one person people didn't know, and they wanted to get to know.

21. You get nervous when you tell people where you went to high school, because you know they're silently judging.

22. You actually knew everyone in your class, and cared for each of them.

23. Your graduating class only had double digits.

24. All the students ever talked about was wanting to leave.

25. Half of your class stayed in your hometown after high school.

26. You haven't seen most of your class after graduation. (Except for on Facebook.)

27.There was only one teacher in the school with a SmartBoard.

28. Even if your school looked big to you, it looked small to everyone else

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My HS was only 10th - 12th grades because there were so many students. We had over 1100 seniors graduate if I remember right... so my experience was the exact opposite of that. Hahahahahaa

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Coming from LA to Atascadero, I thought I was going to a small HS. Our graduating class was IIRR about 300 so maybe not so small as I thought.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I ranked 25th in my class out of 200 but we only had 10th -12th also. Maybe 550 kids altogether. My kid's HS had 3000. Most of this list of 28 are/were very true in my case.
That picture actually looks a lot like my HS, minus the playground of course.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I went to a tiny high-school for my first two years. It was private, but there were less than a hundred kids there. I played basketball and was the twelfth player on a co-ed team. We only had twelve players, and the math teacher was our coach.

Still don't miss it. Fuck high school.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I have no idea what that would be like. I went to the largest high school in my town. Graduating senior class of 800ish. It's grown so much (last year almost 1300 seniors).

cracengl

Rookie
I was 20 something out of 76. We originally had 110 or so, but I suppose the appeal of going out to sit outside the library at night watching cars go by was too much temptation for some.

fearsomefour

Legend
My English teacher was also my drivers ed teacher and a football coach of mine.
My school wasn't that small. It certainly wasn't big either, maybe 1,000 students 9-12 grades. Maybe he was picking up some extra pay, maybe no one else wanted to do it.
He would also stop by on weekends sometimes and sing some songs with my terrible high school cover band. Fun guy.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
We had 69 in our graduating class. Our whole high school had like 350. Lived in a town of 3000, only 10 miles from downtown STL. So kind of had the best of both worlds.