27 Years Ago Today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
This is how I wound up my bachelor party weekend. I was about 50 feet from Ellard when he did the front flip in the end zone. Good memories.

Flippant Flip : Rams' Ellard Has Quite a Reception, Except When It Comes to End-Zone Gymnastics
henry_ellard_1988_10_09.jpg

October 10, 1988|GENE WOJCIECHOWSKI | Times Staff Writer

• ATLANTA — It was the first--and if Coach John Robinson has anything to say about it--the last floor exercise performed by budding Ram gymnast Henry Ellard.

But even Robinson had trouble finding fault with Ellard's overall routine Sunday, which included catches galore, a touchdown and that celebratory front flip that elicited high marks from at least one judge.

"About an 8.5," Ellard said. "I was a little short, but I was able to hold it after I landed on my feet."

Degree of difficulty? "Oh . . . about 2.5," he said.

The tumble cost the Rams 2 penalty flags and 5 yards, but Ellard didn't seem to mind. After all, this was an afternoon when both Ram teammates and Mary Lou Retton could appreciate his every move.

"To me, it was kind of worth the flags," Ellard said.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The tumble cost the Rams 2 penalty flags and 5 yards, but Ellard didn't seem to mind.

Cool post. I was watching that game on TV. Ellard sure was fun to watch.

Fast forward to today and it's 15 yards and $8600. Glad the NFL has its priorities in order.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Cool post. I was watching that game on TV. Ellard sure was fun to watch.

Fast forward to today and it's 15 yards and $8600. Glad the NFL has its priorities in order.
We need someone as Commish who is a Fan of the Game, and Remembers the "Good Old Days!"

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Good old days. Hey, is that fan holding a two liter drink in the background?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This is how I wound up my bachelor party weekend. I was about 50 feet from Ellard when he did the front flip in the end zone. Good memories.

Flippant Flip : Rams' Ellard Has Quite a Reception, Except When It Comes to End-Zone Gymnastics
View attachment 10717

October 10, 1988|GENE WOJCIECHOWSKI | Times Staff Writer

• ATLANTA — It was the first--and if Coach John Robinson has anything to say about it--the last floor exercise performed by budding Ram gymnast Henry Ellard.

But even Robinson had trouble finding fault with Ellard's overall routine Sunday, which included catches galore, a touchdown and that celebratory front flip that elicited high marks from at least one judge.

"About an 8.5," Ellard said. "I was a little short, but I was able to hold it after I landed on my feet."

Degree of difficulty? "Oh . . . about 2.5," he said.

The tumble cost the Rams 2 penalty flags and 5 yards, but Ellard didn't seem to mind. After all, this was an afternoon when both Ram teammates and Mary Lou Retton could appreciate his every move.

"To me, it was kind of worth the flags," Ellard said.

Seems like yesterday. I was watching that on the tube too. One we'll never forget!