24 Hour Rule

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Jeff Fisher has instilled a 24 hour rule with our team in which they have 24 hours to celebrate a win or 24 hours to lament a loss. I have NFL game pass and have been trying to follow this rule. I will try to rewatch the game by Monday night (usually just in condensed mode). Then after watching the game and making notes I will move on to the next opponent.

I just finished up the game from yesterday and here are the notes I took:

-I hope Boras takes some ideas from Jim Bob Cooter. Cooter had some excellent play calls ;)

-Our oline is thriving in pass protection and I'm not sure what the struggle is in run blocking other than maybe not just running more power.

-Groh has brought something very wonderful to our team. Receivers are catching the ball. The route running is looking good. The concepts are improving. They are encouraging Keenum to push the ball down the field.

-4th down at the end of the first half was a huge momentum shift in that game. Unreal momentum shift - yet we still had a chance. Getting the ball to start the second half we had 3 penalties in our first 4 plays and that one play was negative yardage. That was ugly.

-Forrest had a pretty good game. Made some really nice plays in coverage and in the run game.

-That Boldin TD. What in the world was going on? Mo was staring out wide toward Troy Hill before/after the snap. Joyner was keyed in on the run. Ogletree was sitting middle and slid away from where Boldin ran. When I saw the play live I thought it was all on Joyner, but after watching the replay I really don't know. It seemed like Mom didn't even know the ball was snapped - he doesn't react to Boldin until after the ball is thrown.

-Britt and Quick played very well. Britt especially and I think Quick feeds off of that.

-Keenum had some really nice and accurate throws. You can still tell he is lacking in arm strength. But he was making good decisions and putting the ball where is needed to be.

-Lions Sam Martin has a pretty nice leg. I love me some Johnny Hekker though

-Troy Hill struggled with contain on those wide receiver screens. Also had really bad position on the deep pass to Taint

-Joyner should be spending practice teaching other players how to wrap up. The guy is small but if he can get his hands on you he is wrapping you up.

-Does anybody in the league like to hit more than Ogletree? Dude is always trying to get a lick on the player. Is that Singletary in his ear?

- Why were we pushing it so far down the field late in the game. We only needed a field goal to tie. Where kendricks landed after he fell was almost right on the red line of Zs range?

-Those last few plays between the Dline and Lions Oline. It looked like on the first play Couples got off the ball quick and dove down swinging with his arm to try and force a fumble. He was off the ball fast, was probably pretty close to getting the ball. The second play looked like retaliation from the Lions.

RamzFanz

Damnit
-Britt and Quick played very well. Britt especially and I think Quick feeds off of that.

I'm ALMOST starting to think we have a legitimate WR corps. Shhhhhhhh.

-Troy Hill struggled with contain on those wide receiver screens. Also had really bad position on the deep pass to Taint

Yes, he did struggle at times, but overall, he had a pretty good game I thought?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jeff Fisher has instilled a 24 hour rule with our team in which they have 24 hours to celebrate a win or 24 hours to lament a loss. I have NFL game pass and have been trying to follow this rule. I will try to rewatch the game by Monday night (usually just in condensed mode). Then after watching the game and making notes I will move on to the next opponent.

I just finished up the game from yesterday and here are the notes I took:

-I hope Boras takes some ideas from Jim Bob Cooter. Cooter had some excellent play calls ;)

-Our oline is thriving in pass protection and I'm not sure what the struggle is in run blocking other than maybe not just running more power.

-Groh has brought something very wonderful to our team. Receivers are catching the ball. The route running is looking good. The concepts are improving. They are encouraging Keenum to push the ball down the field.

-4th down at the end of the first half was a huge momentum shift in that game. Unreal momentum shift - yet we still had a chance. Getting the ball to start the second half we had 3 penalties in our first 4 plays and that one play was negative yardage. That was ugly.

-Forrest had a pretty good game. Made some really nice plays in coverage and in the run game.

-That Boldin TD. What in the world was going on? Mo was staring out wide toward Troy Hill before/after the snap. Joyner was keyed in on the run. Ogletree was sitting middle and slid away from where Boldin ran. When I saw the play live I thought it was all on Joyner, but after watching the replay I really don't know. It seemed like Mom didn't even know the ball was snapped - he doesn't react to Boldin until after the ball is thrown.

-Keenum had some really nice and accurate throws. You can still tell he is lacking in arm strength. But he was making good decisions and putting the ball where is needed to be.

-Lions Sam Martin has a pretty nice leg. I love me some Johnny Hekker though

-Joyner should be spending practice teaching other players how to wrap up. The guy is small but if he can get his hands on you he is wrapping you up.

-Does anybody in the league like to hit more than Ogletree? Dude is always trying to get a lick on the player. Is that Singletary in his ear?

- Why were we pushing it so far down the field late in the game. We only needed a field goal to tie. Where kendricks landed after he fell was almost right on the red line of Zs range?

-Those last few plays between the Dline and Lions Oline. It looked like on the first play Couples got off the ball quick and dove down swinging with his arm to try and force a fumble. He was off the ball fast, was probably pretty close to getting the ball. The second play looked like retaliation from the Lions.

I agree with most of it, but Coples is not on the team. I have no trouble with the long pass if Kendricks is open and Keenum doesn't stare him down right from the snap. But, yeah, no need to get it all in one play.

Keenum still doesn't show great arm strength but I think a result is very soft and watchable passes.

It sucks that they just dropped two very winnable games. I would prefer Williams played more base D. It is easier to plug in a back up. Our subs and even regulars look confused at times, mainly in the backfield.

It is hard to remember at times but this is a very young team. They are going to make mistakes. But in the draft Fisher and Snead need to focus on athletes with good football instinct instead of raw athletes.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with most of it, but Coples is not on the team. I have no trouble with the long pass if Kendricks is open and Keenum doesn't stare him down right from the snap. But, yeah, no need to get it all in one play.

Keenum still doesn't show great arm strength but I think a result is very soft and watchable passes.

It sucks that they just dropped two very winnable games. I would prefer Williams played more base D. It is easier to plug in a back up. Our subs and even regulars look confused at times, mainly in the backfield.

It is hard to remember at times but this is a very young team. They are going to make mistakes. But in the draft Fisher and Snead need to focus on athletes with good football instinct instead of raw athletes.

You are right I meant Easly

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
lol, just wow....great overview...that first drive in the 3rd quarter...didn't look like we wanted it more than the Lions.
I still think Joyner, Hill, and now EJ...never really have good or bad games...Well, EJ had a pretty decent game a couple weeks ago...but Joyner...and Hill...they play like backups...perhaps experience will help...But, just the way they never seem to make plays, I wanna see Gratz...I wanna see a bunch of guys...rather than the ones that constantly give up completions on obvious passing downs... no anticipation...not really quick to the ball...and besides sure tackling, what exactly do EJ & Joyner bring to the table? Can you really win, like 11-5 win, with this type of player in a passing league?