22 drives, 2 TD's In Last 2 Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
The only stat that is a concern for me is the turnovers, because those were largely unforced.
Regardless this team is still finding a way to win and that is a cornerstone of great teams.
The only thing that has been bugging me is that this team shows the inability to put away a team when they have them down.
Maybe I'm biased, but I still think this team is closer to the edge of greatness then they are too self imploding

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seattle, Jacksonville, and youth add up to struggles on offense. But they're moving the rock. We'll probably have 3 or more this weekend.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Our O has not yet hit it’s full stride.

There have been flashes in both the passing and running games, true. But sustained excellence in either for a string of games? Not yet. But the ingredients are all there, I think, so it’s coming. When it finally happens, look out.

I honestly believe that our D has at least started to hit it’s stride. Since the second half of the Cowboy game. I’m talking about scoring D here. I doubt that Wade is done tinkering, either. It’s only gonna get better and better.

Our ST units are in good hands, needless to say.

I have a peaceful, easy feeling about this team under McVay. What a hire!

TexasRam

Legend
HoarseWellgroomedBoilweevil-max-1mb.gif

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
They will bounce back, there have been alot of near misses on big plays. Seems like they are doing what they want on offense and not forcing it

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I'm not overly worried at the moment. McVay and the rest of the team have shown the ability to recognize and adapt to issues both IN-game and on a week to week basis.

I haven't been able to say that about this team in a LOOOONG time.

The future is in good hands, but there will be growing pains as we saw in the 2 losses (and even in the W's) These guys are smart and McVay wants to be great.... it ill take some time, but they'll get there.

(y)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
McVay agrees with you @bubbaramfan. Do you think he won't be able to improve it?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Like others have said; that was two good defenses we just played.

That said...

If Gurley scores that opening drive in Seattle... that game could have looked a lot different. Seattle’s offense is not a good come from behind unit.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3 points total in the second half of the past two games is very concerning

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@bubbaramfan
I didn't wanna say nothing Bubba...everybody all, WE'RE 4&2....WE'RE 4 & 2!!!!!!

and negative Champ only wanna talk about red zone conversion crap....3rd down conversion crap....so...I just hushed my fingers...
It's strange too...because we're running the ball much better....I think those stops on 3rd and 1 or short is not only a drive killer...it's a momentum killer...and it's messing up our play caller too.

We're top 5 in third down conversion rate:
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/third-down-conversion-pct

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cause for concern?

22 drives with:

10 punts
6 turnovers
3 fields goals
1 missed field goal
2 touchdowns

Cause for concern? Nah. I'm not sure we're going to play two better defenses than we did the last two weeks. And even with that, we marched up and down the field on Seattle. We just shot ourselves in the foot. Jacksonville limited us, but they were also at home, and we spent most of the game leading because of special teams. So yea, I'm not concerned.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Scoring less points against arguably the best two defenses in the league. Why is this a concern again?

There are equal or greater defensive teams still left on the Rams schedule.

When certain trends or issues emerge during the course of a season, they tend to linger.

Ram65

Legend
Cause for concern?

22 drives with:

10 punts
6 turnovers
3 fields goals
1 missed field goal
2 touchdowns

The trend started with the Whiners game. They had 7 field goals but, only 2 short field TDs. I was concerned then. Posters brushed it off but, it continues. They were moving the ball against the weaker Whiners defense but, couldn't get the long TD drives. The defense and special teams have been adding greatly to the point production which masked the offensive inefficiencies. The only TD was mainly the result of 4 successful pass plays in the first half. They have not connected on those big yardage pass plays lately as they did earlier in the year. Connecting on at least one long pass to Watkins for a TD would have been a big positive.

The defense and special teams have been adding greatly to the point production which masked the offensive inefficiencies. Jared Goff has has not looked as sharp of late.

Could it be the coverages are confusing him?

The WRs are not getting open against better opponents?

Both?

Goff has missed some opportunities when he has had them too. The Watkins miscommunication on the good deep pass. The running game has been stalled on some short yardage 3rd down attempts which adds to the problem. The turnovers. It could be simple growing pains for Goff, McVay and the entire offense. They need to get the passing game back on track and execute better when getting inside the opponents 4o yard line. As much as they need a solid run game it's the passing game that will get them more points.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm not sure we'll really know how much of a problem this is until after the bye week. I expect us to continue to struggle getting in the end zone in London but our bye comes at a good time. I suspect that both Goff and McVay have some work to do on redzone play. How fixable it is will probably be determined by what can be worked on that week.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Young team still growing together. I have 0 concerns for now.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
@bubbaramfan
I didn't wanna say nothing Bubba...everybody all, WE'RE 4&2....WE'RE 4 & 2!!!!!!

and negative Champ only wanna talk about red zone conversion crap....3rd down conversion crap....so...I just hushed my fingers...
It's strange too...because we're running the ball much better....I think those stops on 3rd and 1 or short is not only a drive killer...it's a momentum killer...and it's messing up our play caller too.
Funny thing about third / fourth and 1, every head coach wants to be able to run up the middle and make those when ever they want. I think us fans do too. It's a toughness thing, pride. Coach just needed to get it out of his system. Hopefully he will be less predictable from now on and maybe then we can run up the middle on short yardage.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@bubbaramfan

Let's talk about how the conversion rates would be better if we had greg Robinson and Brian Quick back into the fold! ~LACHAMP46