22 drives, 2 TD's In Last 2 Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Cause for concern?

22 drives with:

10 punts
6 turnovers
3 fields goals
1 missed field goal
2 touchdowns

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1 *dropped pass* away from winning both games against arguably the 2 best defensive backfields in the game?
Not concerned

Memoriesdk

UDFA
Name
Memoriesdk
Cause for concern?

22 drives with:

10 punts
6 turnovers
3 fields goals
1 missed field goal
2 touchdowns

I think a lot of it has to do with facing two of the top defenses in the NFL, specially against the pass. That has stalled our previously thriving passing game a little bit.

Good thing is the other units have stepped up. If the Rams can somehow get all of them working at the same time, this team will do some damage.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@bubbaramfan
I didn't wanna say nothing Bubba...everybody all, WE'RE 4&2....WE'RE 4 & 2!!!!!!

and negative Champ only wanna talk about red zone conversion shit....3rd down conversion crap....so...I just hushed my fingers...
It's strange too...because we're running the ball much better....I think those stops on 3rd and 1 or short is not only a drive killer...it's a momentum killer...and it's messing up our play caller too.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In fairness it is against 2of the better defenses but with the schedule we got coming up we definitely have to do better.

Football is the ultimate team game and with our defense and special teams we can stay in any game our offense has to rediscover that magic from the first week

Psycho_X

Legend
The turnovers are the biggest issue. We have to cut that in half, at least, if we want to be a playoff team. But it has been two good defenses and there have been good plays and drives mixed in there. I have to remind myself this team is VERY young. The QB is EXTREMELY young and inexperienced. The head coach is the same. As long as they keep positive attitudes and fix their mistakes we're going no where but up.

TLDR: I'm not concerned yet.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Mild concern tied to growing pains....

QB under 16 starts in career

New offense....good offense but new

New coach

New WR's

Primary TE's first year

I thought that Goff missed some open receivers over the last couple games.

Still, ahead of schedule to my expectation so not concerned.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Definitely no cause for panic. I am seeing progress not regress. Season is still early, but I will be happier once we get over that mediocre bs.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the 2 best defensive backfields in the game?
Yup
facing two of the top defenses in the NFL
Yup
2of the better defenses
Yup

AZ is the 24th ranked defense in terms of yards allowed.
AZ is the 26th ranked defense in terms of passing yards allowed per game
AZ is the 28th ranked defense in the stats that matters most... points allowed per game

The only thing that defense seems adept at is stopping the run (9th in rushing yards allowed per game)

Let's see how we do against a lesser defense.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
AZ is the 24th ranked defense in terms of yards allowed.
AZ is the 26th ranked defense in terms of passing yards allowed per game
AZ is the 28th ranked defense in the stats that matters most... points allowed per game

The only thing that defense seems adept at is stopping the run (9th in rushing yards allowed per game)

Let's see how we do against a lesser defense.
And this will be a very tough defensive game....that's how division games go.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
@bubbaramfan
I didn't wanna say nothing Bubba...everybody all, WE'RE 4&2....WE'RE 4 & 2!!!!!!

and negative Champ only wanna talk about red zone conversion crap....3rd down conversion crap....so...I just hushed my fingers...
It's strange too...because we're running the ball much better....I think those stops on 3rd and 1 or short is not only a drive killer...it's a momentum killer...and it's messing up our play caller too.
The red zone is where they should ultilize the Watkins or Higbees if the run isn't doing its justice to get in for the TD. But this is a minor issue, and will fix itself eventually.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The red zone is where they should ultilize the Watkins or Higbees
Has Higbee earned your trust so soon Endo? Like, did you trust girlscout cookies right away....or did you still look for purple kush, just because....oops, lost train of thought....Higbee has gotten a lil better...but he's not doing shit in the red zone....Watkins...Woods...Kupp....maybe Higs...Everett...or what's that other TE's name???

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Cause for concern?

22 drives with:

10 punts
6 turnovers
3 fields goals
1 missed field goal
2 touchdowns
The 27% turnover rate is the largest issue. Add the turnover rate to the scoring rate and you're at 50% of the drives resulting in points.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
To be fair, last year, those punt statistics would resemble one game. And our touchdown percentage would resemble 4 games, against lesser defenses.

We have alot to work on, but imo the play calling wasn't very good against the shecocks and very conservative against the Jags. I expect to see more creative play calling against the cards who have a much weaker pass defense. I'd like to use the same exuberant play calling against defenses that are as strong as sea and Jax, but given how young this team is together, it might take a bit more time to get it down.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Has Higbee earned your trust so soon Endo? Like, did you trust girlscout cookies right away....or did you still look for purple kush, just because....oops, lost train of thought....Higbee has gotten a lil better...but he's not doing crap in the red zone....Watkins...Woods...Kupp....maybe Higs...Everett...or what's that other TE's name???
Carrier, but i think he was on concussion protocol. He doesn't have my full trust yet don't get me wrong but I think Everett is more of the deep TE whereas Higbee might be the shorter range guy.

About Carrier he is a gem. I believe he was blocking for Gurley when Gurley had most of his long runs or runs into end zone.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Scoring less points against arguably the best two defenses in the league. Why is this a concern again?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cause for concern?

22 drives with:

10 punts
6 turnovers
3 fields goals
1 missed field goal
2 touchdowns
In the abstract, yeah, that's cause for concern. But when you look at who they played and the defenses those teams had, it kind of only becomes a blip. Especially when you look how they ran roughshod over lesser teams prior to these last two games. Now if they continue that trend you pointed out against lesser defenses, and their struggles to turn red zone opportunities into touchdowns continues to persist, then yeah. It would be cause for concern.

But not now.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Offense is still growing into their role, Watkins is still learning with these guys, Goff still has less than a full season's worth of starts, and (as others noted above) we've just played perhaps the two best defensive backfields in the league. So not terribly concerned now.