2023 Draft - 50% Hit Rate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
The problem is the definition of "hit rate" If you are looking for starters, then the hit rate might be very high. But the Rams need stars to make it back to the super bowl. Guys like Von Miller and OBJ and Big Whit and Eric Weddle need to be replaced, and not just by average players. Average players mean 7-9 seasons. We need some guys to blossom into superstars in order to make it back to the super bowl. I think Avila has a good chance of becoming great. Also Young. But the Rams need to find more stars in this year and last years' drafts.
Yes. And I think sometimes people forget the other 31 teams improved their squads via draft as well, and most had first round choices. I do think we maximized the picks we had really well this year and out-drafted most.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
With the exception of Avila, all of these guys are developmental.

If we call a "hit" an average NFL starter then we're looking at 3. Avilla and 2 TBD (based on work ethic and injury luck).

Because of our roster construct this year, we'll be keeping a lot of guys that are below average NFL starters. These are bottom of the roster type guys who are given a chance to play a larger role out of sheer necessity.

It's going to be a bloodbath as we sort through these guys to figure out who can take the next step.

The real problem is these guys don't have a couple of years to develop like a Nick Scott did.

It's sink or swim for this class.

Sharks are circling.

The pressure on these rookies and second-year players is immense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This roster is too depleted and will carry way more than 7 of those draftees on the 53.
I agree with this. I think they'll carry a high number of draft picks into 2024 season as well. At least in comparison to most drafts. And a lot of them will be teamers and depth so what matters is how many of them step up and provide impact on the field in key roles.

It's entirely possible we see double digit players from this class make the roster and a lot of fans here will be juiced about that but year one with the depleted roster that is honestly an expectation. It would be impressive if say 12 make the roster. Might even be some sort of record for us idk. But in the big scheme of things that's not gonna move the needle in and of itself.

We need impact players. And for the record one thing I love about this class is all the guys who were captains on their teams. So I am high on this class believe it or not. Lot of character coming in and I'm a big fan of that. But it feels like a roster fill class to me barring some bigtime early showings from these guys so I am hoping to see some fireworks from a bunch of them even if it comes in year two camp.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If a solid draft would be a 50% hit rate… let’s see your split.

Put half hit, half miss.

Pretty hard at this point.

2-36 S. AVILA, G
3-77 B. YOUNG, DT
3-89 K. TURNER, DT
4-128 S. BENNETT, QB
5-161 N. HAMPTON, EDGE
5-174 W. MCCLENDON, OT
5-175 D. ALLEN, TE
5-177 P. NACUA, WR
6-182 T. HOD-TOMLINSON, CB
6-189 O. MATHIS, EDGE
7-215 Z. EVANS, RB
7-223 E. EVANS, P
7-234 J. TAYLOR II, S
7-259 D. JOHNSON, EDGE
Hits

Avila
Turner
McClendon
Nacua
Evans P
Taylor
Hodgins-Tomlinson

Misses
Young
Bennett
Hampton
Allen
Mathis
Evans RB
Johnson

Tano

Legend
I think most of these rookies will make the team and contribute in some way. Maybe a couple will go to the practice squad

Mathis and Johnson

Will they be hits because they are contributing mostly on special teams? That is the question.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
With the exception of Avila, all of these guys are developmental.

If we call a "hit" an average NFL starter then we're looking at 3. Avilla and 2 TBD (based on work ethic and injury luck).

Because of our roster construct this year, we'll be keeping a lot of guys that are below average NFL starters. These are bottom of the roster type guys who are given a chance to play a larger role out of sheer necessity.

It's going to be a bloodbath as we sort through these guys to figure out who can take the next step.

The real problem is these guys don't have a couple of years to develop like a Nick Scott did.

It's sink or swim for this class.

Sharks are circling.

The pressure on these rookies and second-year players is immense.
Tough, but absolutely fair. I agree with every word.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I think alot of you are getting "hit", and "home run" mixed up. Cooper Kupp was a home run. AD was a home run. Littleton, JJ3, Akers, Gaines, Scott, Higbee, Edward's, etc...were hits. Home run or hit, all those players made the team substationally better than just average dudes.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It’s 50/50…

HIT
2-36 S. AVILA, G
3-77 B. YOUNG, DT
4-128 S. BENNETT, QB
5-177 P. NACUA, WR
6-182 T. HOD-TOMLINSON, CB
7-223 E. EVANS, P
7-234 J. TAYLOR II, S

MISS? This is hard, because I think some make it.
3-89 K. TURNER, DT
5-161 N. HAMPTON, EDGE
5-174 W. MCCLENDON, OT
5-175 D. ALLEN, TE
6-189 O. MATHIS, EDGE
7-215 Z. EVANS, RB
7-259 D. JOHNSON, EDGE
If K. Turner doesn’t make it The Rams are in trouble.He has been a standout in OTA’s.
O.Mathis is a guy IMO is going to be a sleeper.The thought is what The Rams thought in T.Lewis.This guy is going to be a solid OLB.Sort of like say Connor? Then lawlor ? A big guy with long arm’s & athletic.

—Tomlinson is SMALL(injured) & a guy in 2023 I see going on IR.Take is Whitterspoon.
-T.Evans I question because of Sony Michael.
-McClendon or Anchrum??
—Allen is a big blocking TE-Imo Hopkins gets cut instead.Long is the guy who has to flash.Can Allen play Teams? Long might be asked to do that? I’ll get a early look this year by getting to camp early. Right Now it’s anyone’s guess,but cues are being set.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What I’ll say is Preseason will be FUN! Rams will win 2 out of 3 for sure.The Rams have Young Depth & a lot of competition to make the 53 in 2023