2023/24 International teams set

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
All true. Been a Rams fan for almost my entire life, but I would have to say that the Rams fan base is a small as any team in the league, and definitely has a weak base in LA...... still. I have never lived in LA, but I always hear there are "better things to do" there, haha. I live on the east coast. Football fans are different here.
You are right no one in their right mind going to travel to Philly, Newark, Orchard Park, Foxborough for an away football fan, just aint happeneing.

On the other hand people lining up to go to LA and see the greatest stadium in sports.....

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

On the other hand after a SB win the Rams still can’t pack their home stadium. It’s lame.

Agree.

This is not a slight to anyone here, and there are reasons. As a 50-year Rams' fan and a lifetime New Yorker, I have been to exactly one Rams' game outside of NY/NJ in my life. However, it's rough watching your team play at home (in an amazing stadium); and have to use hand signals and a silent count to snap the ball on offense because the visiting team's fans are that plentiful and loud.

It's not a slight to say "The Rams do NOT have good homefield fan-support." it's just an unfortunate fact.

Tano

Legend
Agree.

This is not a slight to anyone here, and there are reasons. As a 50-year Rams' fan and a lifetime New Yorker, I have been to exactly one Rams' game outside of NY/NJ in my life. However, it's rough watching your team play at home (in an amazing stadium); and have to use hand signals and a silent count to snap the ball on offense because the visiting team's fans are that plentiful and loud.

It's not a slight to say "The Rams do NOT have good homefield fan-support." it's just an unfortunate fact.
And then you go to a Dodger game at Dodger Stadium and see almost 90% Dodger fans

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are also very logical reasons we're in this situation but some don't want to acknowledge what the Rams did to themselves with an assist from the rest of the NFL. And the fact that it will take time to turn that around isn't acceptable to them no matter how real the situation is and how well the Rams are in fact doing what they need to do to turn it around. It takes time you don't leave a city for 20+ years without consequences.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
There are also very logical reasons we're in this situation but some don't want to acknowledge what the Rams did to themselves with an assist from the rest of the NFL. And the fact that it will take time to turn that around isn't acceptable to them no matter how real the situation is and how well the Rams are in fact doing what they need to do to turn it around. It takes time you don't leave a city for 20+ years without consequences.
Agree completely.

However, I'm just talking about the current reality ... "The Rams do NOT have good homefield fan-support."

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
wouldn't be surprised to see a wold card playoff game overseas soon... within 5 years
I doubt that it would be that soon. The advantage of winning your division is playing at home. No team wants to give that up. A Superbowl is the only playoff game that makes sense.

Tano

Legend
Apples and Oranges, the Dodgers have been in LA since 1958 and never left......
I was just pointing out that LA Fans can support the home team

But as OldSchool pointed out, it is going to take time due to leaving for 20 years.