2022 rule change proposals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not a fan. Most of the interviews come from guys still trying to help their current employers win.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not a fan. Most of the interviews come from guys still trying to help their current employers win.
And every team has a day off on Monday or Tuesday if they play Monday night. It’s funny though some that made the silly connection about Staley screwing us in the playoffs are the same ones crying about wanting him back. Honestly if anybody is good enough to warrant a HC interview can manage their time enough to give their all for game preparation and get ready and do an interview.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If they are working for me, I don’t want the added distraction or conflict of interest. There are only 2 teams playing into the beginning of February. League year doesn’t start until March??? They should have time to ramp up after they leave their old job.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think these needy asshole teams who want to hire the Rams asst coaches should wait until their season and playoffs are finished. I don't like this early interview shit. It hurts teams like ours more than some others IMO, given how they always have a target on them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My rule suggestion would be to disallow all hiring of coaches until one week after the Super Bowl.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if you guys think that is bad, here in australia in the NRL players are allowed to sign contracts with other teams while still contracted to their existing team. they can play a whole season with their existing team while contracted to go to another team after the season.

same for coaches.

the team i support was heading towards back to back premierships until it was announced their coach was leaving to go to another team. with two months left of the current season. they won one or two games for the rest of the season. leading up to their semi final game their coach was in a different city organising things for next season for his next team.

it's so stupid.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if you guys think that is bad, here in australia in the NRL players are allowed to sign contracts with other teams while still contracted to their existing team. they can play a whole season with their existing team while contracted to go to another team after the season.

same for coaches.

the team i support was heading towards back to back premierships until it was announced their coach was leaving to go to another team. with two months left of the current season. they won one or two games for the rest of the season. leading up to their semi final game their coach was in a different city organising things for next season for his next team.

it's so stupid.

Terrible as that is that is where the NFL is trending. Earlier and earlier. These owners are dipshits. As a group they're fucking stupid.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My rule suggestion would be to disallow all hiring of coaches until one week after the Super Bowl.

This seems pointed in the right direction to me.

Instead of earlier interviews, how about slow down the days immediately after the SB… like your suggestion.

:thumbsup1:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I bet the owners with good coaches/winning teams aren't so hot for this idea. Unfortunately , there are way too many sucky teams who do...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So in order for teams to interview for HC, GM and coaching staff, there needs to be job openings right?
So under this agreement, teams will now be "creating" job openings by week 16 so they can be in the hiring game? So "Black Monday" was traditionally the day after week 17, I guess now we'll have "Black Tuesday" after the week 16 Monday nighter?
As if ratings werent bad enough the last week of the season, now there will be 2 weeks of figuring out what games will be competitive.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So in order for teams to interview for HC, GM and coaching staff, there needs to be job openings right?
So under this agreement, teams will now be "creating" job openings by week 16 so they can be in the hiring game? So "Black Monday" was traditionally the day after week 17, I guess now we'll have "Black Tuesday" after the week 16 Monday nighter?
As if ratings werent bad enough the last week of the season, now there will be 2 weeks of figuring out what games will be competitive.
They're already firing coaches by then. Last year there were 7 coaches fired and 4 were fired by this time of the season maybe just 3 but there are already openings in that time frame.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They're already firing coaches by then. Last year there were 7 coaches fired and 4 were fired by this time of the season maybe just 3 but there are already openings in that time frame.
7 coaches fired, but only 3 fired mid season. And the 2 that were fired this year are a bit of an anomaly because in both cases it was outside influences that forced the situation.
Teams now will be forced to fire coaches & GM's mid season. Not seeing how that is beneficial to the league

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
7 coaches fired, but only 3 fired mid season. And the 2 that were fired this year are a bit of an anomaly because in both cases it was outside influences that forced the situation.
Teams now will be forced to fire coaches & GM's mid season. Not seeing how that is beneficial to the league
I'd wager if we go back through the years half or close to half like last years 3/7 are fired in season. It happens every year.

Flint

Pro Bowler
It’s impossible to stop teams from contacting candidates indirectly regardless of the rule. Billionaires are used to getting their way and no aspiring coach is going to reject a teams advances cuz it’s too soon.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s impossible to stop teams from contacting candidates indirectly regardless of the rule. Billionaires are used to getting their way and no aspiring coach is going to reject a teams advances cuz it’s too soon.
Sure but it doesn't mean you give up. Some things are by nature going to be difficult and require a rule set to counter them.

If they were to go the other direction with this, and set up rules that make them wait until let's say after the Super Bowl, some owners would absolutely try to cheat. And when they get caught you slam them by taking draft picks, along with maybe a stiff fine thrown in. Write that shit into the rules. You lose a first round pick and pay an X amount fine which should be significant enough to make most owners think twice about tampering.