2021 Rams (5-1) rally to beat (0-6) Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
10/24/2021, The (5-1) Los Angeles Rams rally to beat the (0-6) Detroit Lions.

This was a gut-wrenching game last season for most of us Rams fans.

The Lions came out swinging and used a plethora of trick plays on special teams to give them every advantage possible.

This type of game usually ends with as a big upset over a huge favorite in the NFL.

The Rams scratched and clawed their way back to earn a victory.

It's games like these that tell a lot about a team's heart and ability to overcome adversity in the NFL.

(Any given Sunday) happens every week in the NFL.

This was one of those type of games, but the Rams kept punching and finally delivered a knockout late in the contest.

I was very proud of our Rams being able to keep their composure in a game that had all the breaks going to the other team.

I enjoyed watching this game again.

The below section says Video unavailable, but if you......

Click on the Watch on YouTube area, you will be able to watch the long version (highlights) of this game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vKXxlrmw1U

dang

Legend
This game showed Difference between 2021 and 2020 season. In 2020 this game would have been a loss. See 2020 MIA and NYJ games.

Last edited:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The lowly lions had absolutely nothing to lose, and everything to gain. They could take many gambles, and fortune favors the bold. Except the Rams were the much MUCH better team. I think they wanted to prove they won "the trade" so bad, that they threw everything at us. But the better team still won.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah. That game was super frustrating yet never really felt like a loss.

You can't blame their coach for pulling out every stop. They really would have made a statement with a win there. You can't pull that shit all the time because it's just not a sustainable game plan. But if you can ambush someone, it can work.

In the end, we were the far better team and it showed.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I was there with my son, the 2 teams started off on completely different levels emotionally.
We were obviously on the wrong side of this equation.

• I learned that Swift is a really nice player.
  • We are vulnerable to dink & dunk football.
  • Not touching the ball on O for half of the first quarter has an affect on your offense.

In the end, our talent and grit won out

Last edited:

Pokitren

UDFA
Name
Tom
This game showed Difference between 2021 and 2020 season. In 2020 this game would have been a loss. See 2020 MIA and NYJ games.
It also amazes me how the same game can lead to different results in different seasons. But it adds its own charm to the game, makes it change.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
When you're pulling trick plays in the first few minutes of the 1st quarter, you know you can't outplay the other team on pure talent and scheme alone. This game was frustrating, but I knew eventually they were gonna run out of surprises and we would seal the deal.

Psycho_X

Legend
Sean McVay after the third quarter and the Lions had thrown the kitchen sink at them.
Luke Skywalker Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

oldnotdead

Legend
The Rams played a ton of cover 4 last year. That coverage is vulnerable to a dink and dunk offense like what the Lions played.

The emergence of Scott, it gives Morris the opportunity to play a nickel as his base defense. For example with Rapp, Scott and Fuller, he can play Rapp as his in the box "buzz" defender in a cover 3. This would leave Wagner and Jones as the only LBs on the field other than the edges. In lieu of Rapp, he could play Durant when a team is playing 11 personnel.

IMO the key to this defense will be getting consistent pressure from that second edge position. With Kyler, Lance and Lock I'm expecting a lot of dink and dunk within the division. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Morris played more cover 3 with the personnel he has now. Anyway it will be interesting to see who emerges this year.