2021 NFL Draft interior offensive lineman rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, all players drafted 5th and on are pretty much a risk, we can hope a guy slips, but once it hits round 5 I'm not planning on the guy making the roster much less being a future starter

Yes. I expect 4th rounders to eventually contribute eventually. Anything after that is a crapshoot. Just like a guy who has had a lot of serious injuries.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Short and long-term outlook on the Rams offensive line - Turf Show Times
Short and long-term outlook on the Rams offensive line
By Kenneth Arthur Apr 19, 2021, 1:23pm CDT
1618926822856.png

The LA Rams have made one significant change at offensive line this year so far, replacing offensive line coach Aaron Kromer with Kevin Carberry out of Stanford. That move should have some unpredictable outcome on the success of the line, but it is easier to break down the tangibles that come with the players who are under contract or who could be after this upcoming draft.

Short-Term Outlook
The plan for 2021 is to have Andrew Whitworth and Rob Havenstein starting at tackle, David Edwards most likely starting at left guard, and Austin Corbett probably starting again at right tackle. The position that remains open is center, though there is a chance that Corbett’s history at center could push him back inside eventually.

Other candidates to start at center would include Brian Allen, Coleman Shelton, and Tremayne Anchrum, though he would be much more of a project given that he hasn’t played the position before.

It is too early for even Sean McVay to say who will be starting at center next season because we don’t know yet what prospects will still be available when the Rams are on the board and it is possible that they will draft a player who is ready to step in by Week 1. That would make the short-term outlook for the starters and the bench much more clear.

Depth includes the three players already listed — Allen, Shelton, Anchrum — as well as Jamil Demby, Bobby Evans, Joseph Noteboom, and Chandler Brewer. Los Angeles will likely pick up several more bodies in the draft/undrafted free agency next month. Then scouring the market for veterans who could play center, guard, or provide depth will begin again.

Long-Term Outlook
The obvious player who few expect to last more than another year is Whitworth. He will turn 40 in December and had a significant knee injury in 2020.

Corbett, Noteboom, Demby, Shelton, and Allen are unrestricted free agents in 2022, while Brewer is a restricted free agent.

Havenstein, Evans, and Edwards will see their contracts expire in 2023. Anchrum is signed through 2023 thanks to being the Rams’ most recent offensive line draft pick. Of course, anyone who they draft this year will be signed through 2024.

What’s the priority?

So what’s more important to the Rams: an immediate answer at center or a long-term answer for either of the tackle positions in order to protect Matthew Stafford for many more years beyond Whitworth’s retirement?

What would you prioritize in free agency after the draft?

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Only dude in that list I'd even think about using a 2nd rd pick on is kendrick green, but I'm sure he'll be there in the 3rd or 4th.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Draft analysis is like peoples opinions about pineapple on pizza.
If I remember correctly first round prospects have a 50% success rate that they won't be out of the NFL within 3 years. And that's not even considering that they live up to their draft status. As some of you pointed out that there's no true Center in the top ten, I'd argue that some team will pick a Center or two in the 3rd or later rounds that ends up being an all pro.

I put absolutely no stock into talking heads analysis.
But we DO put stock in the excellence of pineapple on pizza!
color]