2019 team captains

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
looks right. Says a lot about Weddle being a captain his first year a Rams. Donald signed and in camp is a great choice.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Well fuck you Brockers I guess.

I kid, pretty sure he always knew he was just keeping that C warm for Donald. Surprised Gurley doesn't have a C still, or maybe he will?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well fuck you Brockers I guess.

I kid, pretty sure he always knew he was just keeping that C warm for Donald. Surprised Gurley doesn't have a C still, or maybe he will?
IMO Gurley had it until Jared was ready to take it.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The defensive team Captains trio of Donald, Talib & Weddle is so awesome(y):love: !

The offensive Captains are not bad either...;)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What really makes me happy is that you know there will be ZERO drama from Gurley about this.

For all the stuff we as fans went through with this franchise, this feels like the good part of karma...

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who makes a Punter a captain?

Hekker is awesome

You need a special teams captain. He's on the field for punts, of course. He's also a holder on PATs and field goals. It makes sense - he's out there for most of the special teams plays. Not all o fo them - no one player is. Plus he's Hekker. Who - as you said - is awesome.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Interesting that Weddle leap frogs Gurley is first year, but then again our veterans are true leaders.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting that Weddle leap frogs Gurley is first year, but then again our veterans are true leaders.

Weddle and Gurley were not competing. Offense vs Defense. Gurley was competing with Goff - but normally the secure QB is one of the captains.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Beautiful thing for us is the Rams have captain types all over their roster. Lot of teams wish they could say that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Is Weedle calling plays on Defense ?
Still, not real sure on that.

I had read earlier in TC that safety Eric Weddle was expected to call the plays but as we witnessed through-out preseason the MLB'er call the defense. I don't think Wade is going to change his designated defensive caller now when regular season begins.

I expect to see Hager to call the defense, but he will also be the first defender to come off the field in passing downs.:confused: Guess we will see Sunday afternoon.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Still, not real sure on that.

I had read earlier in TC that safety Eric Weddle was expected to call the plays but as we witnessed through-out preseason the MLB'er call the defense. I don't think Wade is going to change his designated defensive caller now when regular season begins.

I expect to see Hager to call the defense, but he will also be the first defender to come off the field in passing downs.:confused: Guess we will see Sunday afternoon.

Wow , Not Littleton again ?? That’s my guess. With Weedle he will communicate the last 15 seconds from DB’s & LBers.

The D” front will work there formations Accordingly.

jap

Legend
You need a special teams captain. He's on the field for punts, of course. He's also a holder on PATs and field goals. It makes sense - he's out there for most of the special teams plays. Not all o fo them - no one player is. Plus he's Hekker. Who - as you said - is awesome.

Johnny: ",,, and I am still the best damn QB on this team, and don't you ever forget that!!!"

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Just read this morning that Safety Eric Weddle will call the defense. That would remove Wade's issue of having to keep an ILB'er on the field in all our defensive series.

Last seasons MLB plus defense signal caller was Cory Littleton. CL remained in the field of play for most all defensive plays in 2018. CL is now playing a different post.

I would suppose that we might see more of what we got a glimpse of in preseason where Wade will pull both starting Inside LB'ers & insert an extra 3rd safety & 3rd pass rushing ER to go with his Nickle corner. 2 DL'ers, 3 ER'ers, 3 safeties & 3 corners. I would suspect that 3rd roving ER'er will primarily be Clay Matthews. One of the main reason that he was signed by the Rams. I could see rookie LB'er Natrez Patrick being Matthews underling playing this behind Matthews.

"Weddle, now the Rams’ free safety and defensive signal-caller, does the same with Goff. They’ll go back to the quarterback room after practices and process what happened, what they saw, and what Goff can expect to see in the future. "

Last edited: