2018 ROD MOCK DRAFT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
With their final pick of the draft, the Detroit lions take a flyer and select

Jordan Lasley Wr UCLA

Lasley showed great potential during his days at UCLA, coming off a high school career at Serra High School in the Los Angeles metro area. He's also had issues resulting in multiple suspensions over the past four years, two arrests in 2016 for possession of alcohol and presenting a fake ID at a club. Lasley was also suspended for three games in 2017, breaking up an extremely productive year where he caught 69 passes for 1,264 yards and nine touchdowns in just nine games. He was named honorable mention All-Pac-12 by league coaches after the regular season, following two double-digit catch, 200-yard efforts in rivalry games against USC and California. Lasley started four of 11 games as a sophomore, grabbing 41 passes for 620 yards and five touchdowns, and returned a blocked punt for a score as well. He played in nine games as a redshirt freshman in 2015, making three catches for 17 yards.

Strengths
  • Good size and great speed
  • Instant jets off snap to torment cornerbacks who crowd and miss with their punch
  • Devours coverage cushions
  • Gets to top speed quickly and creates early vertical separation
  • Seamless ability to change route angles
  • Schoolyard athleticism with smoothness of movement in all directions
  • Excellent bend to sink and explode out of breaks and give quarterbacks an open target
  • Aggressive working back to the throw when needed
  • Capable on all three levels
  • Stacker and tracker
  • Puts cornerbacks on his hip while focusing to bring the deep ball in
  • Has "to the house" catch and run potential
  • Uses strong stiff-arm to deny tacklers
  • Averaged 8.8 yards after catch in 2017
Weaknesses
  • Wiry frame could use more weight work
  • Plays into rerouting defenders who can bump him off-track
  • When attacking zone, sinks too close to defenders who can challenge the throw
  • Body catcher with poor fundamentals
  • Dropped 21 passes over last two seasons for drop rate of 16 percent
  • Struggles badly to finish catches outside his frame
  • Stays planted in grass from zone rather than sliding to throws when being thrown open
  • Lands his initial block, but doesn't put enough effort into sustaining it
  • Long history of poor decision-making and self-control dating back to high school
  • Multiple suspensions
Sources Tell Us

"He can go! You can't watch him and not be impressed, but he's got a pattern of behavior that isn't going away in my opinion. He doesn't hold himself accountable. He just acts any kind of way. He could go in the second round or seventh round but he has a lot of ability." -- NFC area scout

@Ramhusker and @Rambitious1 are on the clock
@Dieter the Brock is on deck

Last edited:

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
So, that brings the Lions draft to a close. I'm reasonably happy that I was able to get some difference makers and plug a few holes with very little draft capital to begin with.

Summary of selections:

1. Taven Bryan DT Florida
2. Arden Key Edge LSU
3. Austin Corbett OT/G Nevada
4. Duke Dawson CB Florida
5. John Kelly RB Tennessee
7. Jordan Lasley WR UCLA

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
The Colts ROD 2018 Draft:

1.6 Tremaine Edmunds LB VT

2.36 Sam Hubbard DE Ohio St

2.37 Isaiah Oliver CB Colo

2.49 Billy Price C/G Ohio St

2.53 Nick Chubb RB UGA

5.140 Tre’quan Smith WR UCF

6.178 Nick DeLuca LB NDSU

6.187 Greg Stoman CB/RS VT

7.221 Jordan Mailata OT South Sydney

Obviously I think the first 5 picks are all year 1 starters. The developmental and ST depth I occurred in the later rounds will lead to a winning formula. Andrew Luck will be back and this will be the addition of talent he needs to take that terrible team back to mediocrity, but taking the huge jump to the best team in the AFC for years and the 2nd best team in the NFL (obviously behind the Rams)

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Kansas City ROD Mock Draft

54. Josh Sweat, Edge, Florida State
78. Braden Smith, G, Auburn
86. Kyzir White, S, West Virginia
122. Luke Falk , QB, Washington State
124. Jalyn Holmes , DL5T , Ohio State
196. Jordan Akins, TE, Central Florida
217. Khalil McKenzie, NT, Tennessee

Identified the needs for KC as an EDGE rusher primarily followed by a G, S and a back up for Patrick Mahomes, prior to the draft they signed Chad Henne.

Picking up both Sweat & Holmes would fill this need. Sweat may be considered a reach as most scribes have him being picked up in the 3-4 rounds but watching his tape I liked what I saw.

One of their other needs may be at WR but they did sign Sammy Watkins prior.

At the back end of the draft was pleased to pick up some late talent with Aikens(Akins?) at TE whom Andy Reid will use with his dual TE plays and McKenzie at NT who probably should have stayed in College but has tremendous upside.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
With the 238th pick, the Ravens select Troy Apke, SS, Penn St. The Ravens will probably use him as a FS though. The kid is super fast, 4.35 at the combine and has good size, 6'2", 198lbs. He's a few bowls of grits from being NFL ready but you can't teach speed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg00y0H9lok

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
With the 235th (or thereabouts) pick in the 2018 NFL draft the New York Jets select:

Keishawn Bierria, ILB, Washington

College
Washington
Hometown
Class
Carson, CA
r-Senior
Height
Weight
Arms
6' 2"
230 lbs
31 1/8”
Hands
9 3/8”

Keishawn-Bierria-NFL.jpg

Scouting Report: Keishawn Bierria
2018 NFL Mock Draft
DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Washington Position: Inside Linebacker Class: Senior Height: 6-2 Weight: 223 lbs Projected Draft Round: 5-7

Scouting Report:
Smart, hard-working player that has displayed leadership and been the model of consistency at Washington. A high football character defensive leader, that plays with patience and intelligence. Does a nice job of keeping the interior lanes clogged. An average athlete, that does everything right, but doesn’t pop on tape as an elite prospect. Should make a team due to excellent character, work ethic, and ability to contribute on special teams.

I'm not sure who's up and on deck.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The Ravens draft has come to a close with the following results:

1. Courtland Sutton, WR, Southern Methodist
2. Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma
3. Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, USC
4. Mason Cole, C/G, Michigan
5. Tegray Scales, ILB, Indiana
6. Brett Toth, OT, Army
6. Logan Woodside, QB, Toledo
7. Troy Apke, SS/FS, Penn St.

What I learned from this mock draft - This draft has some pretty good quality in the later rounds. Our Rams are set up pretty good for this scenario. Although they have no 1st or 2nd round picks, the Rams draft is going to be fun and interesting. I also learned our Rams are a pretty damn good football team. I'd much rather be in their shoes than the Ravens or just about any other team. Life is good right now ROD brothers and sisters!

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
With the 238th pick, the Ravens select Troy Apke, SS, Penn St. The Ravens will probably use him as a FS though. The kid is super fast, 4.35 at the combine and has good size, 6'2", 198lbs. He's a few bowls of grits from being NFL ready but you can't teach speed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg00y0H9lok

Bloody Hell. I was sure he had already been picked. Really did fall asleep at the wheel missing him. Great pick. I like this kid.