2018 Rams Free Agency Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Who the hell do you think you are? This kind of crap is everything this site is NOT. You don't attack the members here, you don't call them names, and you don't act like you are above them. Get this straight or get out.

Sorry, didn't see the response.

I'll shut down now...

QvcGu.png

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe they should kick the tires on Sammy Coates. He has good deep speed. He hasn't produced like some thought but one season his ypc was 20.7 ..

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I have a feeling that they are pretty much done in FA for now.

I think they are waiting for some players to maybe shake out and then, when they know how much is left in the wallet, they'll start knocking out the contracts for AD, et al.

Psycho_X

Legend
I have a feeling that they are pretty much done in FA for now.

I think they are waiting for some players to maybe shake out and then, when they know how much is left in the wallet, they'll start knocking out the contracts for AD, et al.

They have to grab a LB'er or two from some where. They seem to be sticking to the rumor that they weren't going to be active until the second and third phase of FA. I'm guessing a run stout one or two down ILB'er will be signed at some point and maybe a D-lineman as insurance in case they don't get a NT in the draft. But seems they are sticking to the cheap FA insurance signs while hoping to find better in the draft. Hopefully Sullivan gets resigned or they may have to scramble to find depth there.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Was that Pryor's fault? None of can say for sure. But what we can all agree on is that with Washington losing McVay and Shanahan, there offense was in disarray.
The few games of the Redskins that I saw, their passing schemes was absolutely terrible, not devising their play calling to the strength of their receivers. Pryor can't be blamed for that.
Pryor likes to use his big body to his advantage, and he wanted to get physical, but they were using him as a speed guy only.
If Pryor was a red zone threat like some posters think he is, why did he get a grand total of four red zone targets last year from Kirk Freakin Cousins? And it doesn't have to be anyone's fault, there doesn't have to be blame in every goddam thing that happens. Pryor is a converted QB who is now a mediocre receiver.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
If Pryor was a red zone threat like some posters think he is, why did he get a grand total of four red zone targets last year from Kirk Freakin Cousins? And it doesn't have to be anyone's fault, there doesn't have to be blame in every goddam thing that happens. Pryor is a converted QB who is now a mediocre receiver.
Let me state emphatically that I don't want Pryor on the Rams, as he drops too many passes. And It's because of his drops that I, nor should anyone else, consider him a red zone threat. But I will say, of what little he does offer that Washington was not utilizing it in the right way.
So if I understand you Kevin, you sir are correct. We don't want him.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Boy, would a Bowman signing make me feel a whole lot better about our complete inactivity during the first week of FA, with as many holes as we have to fill. Has anyone heard anything about Bowman? Surprising that one of the top vet ILB's has no rumors floating around.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
If we had Bowman, take Landry at #23 and then trade up using our 3rd and 6ths to get into the 2nd for Tim Settle.

That would be...amazing.

But I think they are spying a number of development players with those 6ths...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Boy, would a Bowman signing make me feel a whole lot better about our complete inactivity during the first week of FA, with as many holes as we have to fill. Has anyone heard anything about Bowman? Surprising that one of the top vet ILB's has no rumors floating around.
That's who is really on my radar and - no I have not heard anything on him. I would like to see him in horns. I'm guessing he'd have a little chip on his shoulder twice a year.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
If we had Bowman, take Landry at #23 and then trade up using our 3rd and 6ths to get into the 2nd for Tim Settle.

That would be...amazing.

But I think they are spying a number of development players with those 6ths...
You're not going to be able to convince me that they wouldn't give up a 6th or two if they thought a player was worth trading up for. This isn't Fisher, as we have entered a Ram's future of rainbows, moonbeams, and a world filled with topless girls with perfect breast. Sorry, maybe a little over the top there.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Yeah bowman signing would be nice and not just for the team. A week ago around here it was all, I love you man. No, I love you. Lately its been, why in the fuck would you use a Goddamn colon when its obvious it should be a fucking semi colon!? PULL YOUR HEAD OUTTA YOUR ASS!

Maybe not that bad but it has been chippy.

BTW, not directed at you Prime. I appreciate your time in giving me posting pointers. And see, I'm using them.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
If they up Donald to $20 cap hit this year it looks like they have about $10M cap left. My guess is they would rather pick up 4 decent players vs one more big $$ player with the remaining. So doing the math no one over $2.5M cap hit at this point. If Donald gets more then the $$ pool lowers accordingly.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Is that taking into account Austins reworked contract? Do we have the figures on that yet?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Is that taking into account Austins reworked contract? Do we have the figures on that yet?
Spotrac shows us right now with top 51 and accounting for draft pool at $29 million. It's not exact and it can and will change but that's a good number to keep in mind right now.

dang

Legend
$29M minus @$7M be needed for draft picks and additional $12M heading towards Donald - leaves @$10M, I think Sullivan at @$4M, Dom Easley @$1.5M and Barwin @$1.5M are in play. Leaves about $3M for 1-3 depth players. There may be some creativity in Donalds' 2018 cap hit that would allow more - but that remains to be seen. $$$ flowing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
$29M minus @$7M be needed for draft picks and additional $12M heading towards Donald - leaves @$10M, I think Sullivan at @$4M, Dom Easley @$1.5M and Barwin @$1.5M are in play. Leaves about $3M for 1-3 depth players. There may be some creativity in Donalds' 2018 cap hit that would allow more - but that remains to be seen. $$$ flowing.
The number I cited already deducted the draft pick allocation.