2017 NFL Draft: Rounds 2-3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I got my eyes on a couple of defenders with this next pick. DE Lawson and LB Biegel.
Anybody else like them?
They look nice, But I'm still looking at what's left! The Rams have two 4th round picks, "No" 5th rounder! and Two in the 6th and one in the 7th to work with!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Dede Westbrook for me. But they want character guys.
He's going to be a steal for somebody. I'd love to pile on and get him but that 5th we gave away would of been nice to use on him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Opinions on Dorian Johnson,OL, Pitt??? Could he be a Center?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Cooper Kupp is value anywhere in the second round. ;)

I know the Rams aren't going to take him. That pisses me off. They seem intent on taking athletes.

Just catching up on the thread... but... ah...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just catching up on the thread... but... ah...

Seriously, you have no idea how surprised I still am that we took him. Every thing they said and every sign put out there (never brought him in for a workout, and nobody reported them meeting with him) indicated that they weren't at all interested in him.

When NFLN started talking about how much the Rams liked the kid, I realized that they had just kept it under wraps. I still feel an emotional high from them drafted him. I usually pick a guy each year to pound the table hard for all off-season. Last year, it was Goff. In 2014, it was Donald. In 2013, it was Tavon. In 2012, it was Alshon. I was not expecting to get my wish this year.

I'm still shocked that Kupp is a Ram. I had totally given up hope.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It'd be nice if McNichols, RB, Boise St. would slip to the 6th but feel pretty sure he'll get nabbed in the 5th. He's another steal to be had that late in the draft.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
There are quite a few WRs left that could fill a role on the Rams' roster. Reynolds, Westbrook, Cannon, and Hansen are intriguing to me.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are there any centers left?
I'm disgusted. I'm glad everyone is excited for the WR and the TE, but again we are digging through the garbage for average Olinemen (Center in particular). We will regret not finishing the Oline, imo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm disgusted. I'm glad everyone is excited for the WR and the TE, but again we are digging through the garbage for average Olinemen (Center in particular). We will regret not finishing the Oline, imo.

From top to bottom all the centers this season appear pretty average, certainly no Travis Frederick's or Alex Mack's this time around. Sullivan should get us thru 2017 and there was a legitimate mission plan to train-up an in-house player. If we draft a later round center, looks like we may have plenty of competition for a back-up this year and a potential starter next. This coming college season i'll be looking for our future #1 WR since we will once again have a 1'st round pick in 2018, might not be a bad idea to check potential starting centers going forward also, but i'm not worried about getting thru 2017 as long as we have some decent depth. Had we drafted Lamp to be our Center, it's quite possible he wouldn't have started until the middle or end of the season, ... like OG Wichmann, OT Donnal & OG Brown, Lamp only played OT, not Center. I don't think the Rams planned on having their first pick of the draft sitting on a bench for most of the season. jmo.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From top to bottom all the centers this season appear pretty average, certainly no Travis Frederick's or Alex Mack's this time around. Sullivan should get us thru 2017 and there was a legitimate mission plan to train-up an in-house player. If we draft a later round center, looks like we may have plenty of competition for a back-up this year and a potential starter next. This coming college season i'll be looking for our future #1 WR since we will once again have a 1'st round pick in 2018, might not be a bad idea to check potential starting centers going forward also, but i'm not worried about getting thru 2017 as long as we have some decent depth. Had we drafted Lamp to be our Center, it's quite possible he wouldn't have started until the middle or end of the season, ... like Wichmann, Donnal & Brown, Lamp only played OT/OG, not Center. I don't think the Rams planned on having their first pick of the draft sitting on a bench for most of the season. jmo.
I wanted Pocic for Center, and Lamp was just a flawless diamond that fell into our laps at #37...that we threw away for a nice piece of pretty glass (JuCo TE). Lamp would have displaced almost anyone on the Oline, especially Rodger Saffold when he goes down by Week 3. He could have stepped into a Tackle spot for short duty. I am so PISSED right now, because we had a need that met extreme value at #37. Going BPA is BS, apparently.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I wanted Pocic for Center, and Lamp was just a flawless diamond that fell into our laps at #37...that we threw away for a nice piece of pretty glass (JuCo TE). Lamp would have displaced almost anyone on the Oline, especially Rodger Saffold when he goes down by Week 3. He could have stepped into a Tackle spot for short duty. I am so ticked right now, because we had a need that met extreme value at #37. Going BPA is BS, apparently.

We have 3 starting OT's & a few potential back-ups already, was Lamp going to beat out Whitworth or Havenstein, was he going to beat out larger OG's who fit the Kromer mold or scheme ? Lamp has only played OT, he's a project at Center. He might eventually make a good one, but the Rams don't have the depth to hide a guy like Lamp, he needs to start on day 1. And if Robinson gets his act together at either RT or RG, we are about as good on the OL as we can ask for this year. Next year Saffold is likely replaced at LG by Havenstein, Donnal, Brown or someone new, RG could be Robinson or Brown or someone new, but the OL in 2017 is pretty loaded for the time being, especially at Tackle. jmo.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Next year they will be looking for future LT.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
There are some very good Centers still available. No need to call the players left on the board garbage because you didn't get your guy.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Chase Roullier
Jon Toth
Tyler Orlosky (I'm not a fan)
Corey Levin (potential convert)
Jordan Morgan (potential convert)
I have to check but I think Kyle Fuller is still available too.