2016 Season Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
I think the Rams finally broke me.
I'm not really all that optimistic about the immediate future for some reason.

An off season refresh and you will be back to the positive X we all know and respect. Your suppose to keep us over reactors evened out around here. Cheers man.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame

I'm with you. I'll always support the Rams through thick and thin. But for the first time in a long time, I don't think I can be convinced this team is about the enter better times. At least not any time soon.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
2016 was a crap year for the Rams, but it was pretty good for me personally.. 2017 should be better, but we'll see how it all goes down. It has the potential to be really good if everything falls into place. Hopefully it's the same with the Rams.

Great news !!!
I'm glad to hear someone else had a great 2016 with more to come in 2017

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
An off season refresh and you will be back to the positive X we all know and respect. Your suppose to keep us over reactors evened out around here. Cheers man.
Thanks.

Yeah, that's just how I feel right now.
What I just witnessed didn't even resemble a football team.
Lotta work cut out for the next guy.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Let's hope whoever is selecting Olinemen and wr's in the future has better talent evaluation abilities along with mistake admission and correction capabilities.

Let's stop kidding ourselves, we have a severe lack of talent in those areas that no amount of "coaching" is going to be able to overcome.

Those preseason predictions that forecast the Rams to have a 4 to 6 win season, and which were panned and laughed at on here, proved to be almost optimistic in the end.

We have a couple of good players on the offensive side and that is it.

I would expect three years before a playoff calibre Ram team can be assembled. If the new coach and GM can do it more rapidly then they should win executive and coach of the year awards.

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
gotta look to teams like Oakland, Tennessee, and Tampa Bay for hope -- we just need two solid years with Goff and we can do some real damage with Ogletree, Donald, and Brockers in their prime
The future is bright for the Rams!!!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
2016 was a horrible year all around. It's finally over. I'm going to miss football. But we're onto bigger and better things. We're getting a new coaching staff and a 0-0 fresh start. I'm excited to see what happens in the days to come.

giphy.gif

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I attended my very first NFL game (I'm 39 years old!) And the Rams actually WON the game.

I FINALLY got my degree after a long and crazy road.

My kids are getting bigger and smarter and remain healthy. My parents are both still with me and relatively healthy as well.

I got a $2 per hour raise at work.

2016 wasn't all bad. Fisher is gone and it really cant get much worse. So Im excited for 2017.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
Same. At least after 2011 you had the second overall pick to look forward to and a beginning of a rebuild. The Rams are going to struggle to fill holes and there a ton of question marks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Same. At least after 2011 you had the second overall pick to look forward to and a beginning of a rebuild. The Rams are going to struggle to fill holes and there a ton of question marks.

This team is better than people believe. We'll be okay if they hire the right coach.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Those preseason predictions that forecast the Rams to have a 4 to 6 win season, and which were panned and laughed at on here, proved to be almost optimistic in the end.

Yup, and I was one of them @4-5 wins....admittedly, it's tough to be a realist when it comes to this team and organization.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel the same way . I see less than a handful of building blocks to work with , and what I've seen from Goff is not impressive. Very dissapointed in the effort from most of these guys .

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Yes, at least now there is a chance for something better. We don't have to sit around wondering whether Fisher is going to finally "get it" with regard to offense, nor do we have to even care.

It's possible that the epic sh!t show that this season became was a blessing in disguise, because it at least gave us a closing out of the Fisher era in which 7 wins was the ceiling, and gets us a chance to get someone that can move this team beyond that. I would have hated it if Fisher had done just enough to stick around, but not enough to get us over the hump.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Nothing 7 long months without football can't cure.

Ay least we should have an eventful offseason

Ellard80

Legend
Last few weeks I haven't even really watched the 2nd half.. its been since the mid 90's that that's happened.

I hope they can give me some hope for optimism.. but right now they certainly appear to be the worst team in football.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The only solace I can take from this year is that I'm getting married to a wonderful lady. So I guess there's that lol

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is what 16 games did to me this season.
giphy.gif

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
gotta look to teams like Oakland, Tennessee, and Tampa Bay for hope -- we just need two solid years with Goff and we can do some real damage with Ogletree, Donald, and Brockers in their prime
The future is bright for the Rams!!!!
We have some very good players to build around and a lot of cap space, for a new coach to go get some missing pieces this year.