2016 RAMS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We might have filled the spots left vacant by McLeod's departure, but I don't agree that the quality of replacement is as good as the former product. McLeod has played in over 95% of all defensive snaps since the beginning of the 2013 season. Nobody else on our team has that level of experience.Our only experienced safeties are Cody Davis, TJ McDonald and Mo Alexander. That concerns me.

You & I have a great fondness for Rodney's solid play @ deep safety for this Ram team since 2012. I always liked him and defended his play after all the critics attacks. I think we have a young Rodney type clone already here signed. His name is Christian "CB" Bryant Ohio State Buckeyes defensive captain. Urban Meyer called CB "My leader, our leader". Drafted back in 2014. CB is about an 1/2 inch taller & a few pounds heavier than Rod. Bryant spent the first season on the practice squad then CB made the 53 player roster & played in 9 games. So this will make CB's third TC & pre season.

I have no crystal ball but I think that CB can play deep safety for Gregg without any major problem if he was given a chance. CB also has experience as a Nickle Corner & played some Strong Safety in games early in Ohio. Add in the fact our Rams have two starting strong safeties (TJ McDonald/Mo Alexander) & only one post for them to play....throw in that our fastest DB Cody Davis entering his 4th seasons as a pro who you mentioned has been hanging around for 3 past seasons waiting for a chance to play. Then there is still a serious deep safety prospect (Lamarcus Joyner)who has been starting @ Nickle since he arrive in 2014.

In conclusion I see nothing but good stuff here in the goodie bag that Snead has placed before us @ deep safety myself. I do not have any real concerns about anything on defense if all remain healthy. Gregg does have four major 2015 defensive injured starters coming back all looking to start again i.e. CB Gaines, DE Quinn, LB Ogletree & SS McDonald. If I had to say where is my biggest concern @ it would be @ RDE Quinn. But they say he is fully back so we shall see.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/05/what_will_ohio_state_s_christi.html

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Little off The wall , but the 1st pic I see of Goff in a real uni and they chose the freaking blueberry configuration...I hate those so much that I almost tossed my dinner...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Our defense will be in the top half, not worried about that. Offense needs to move up a lot or won't matter how the defense does.

Name
Roger Stern
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A lot of us keep saying the loss of Long and jl55 will hurt our defense but imo jl55 was average. Lots of tackles beyond the line if scrimmage. Long a non factor last two years. In his prime always a step to slow. Coples easley and ogletree are an upgrade