2016 FA QB's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ugly list there. Chase Daniel may be interesting though.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with what you are saying...I just don't think I could ever force myself to like krapondick.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see Kellen Clemens if available again... second time's a charm?
:ROFLMAO::(

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Chase Daniels and Kaepernick if he shakes loose. I'd also bring in Drew Stanton for a workout. Won't be a problem though, because Keenum is about to light it up! :D

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And how can this veteran QB you speak of be consistent and solid with the supporting cast we presently have on the Rams offense?
That would depend where a person believes the lionshare of the blame is for the passing game troubles.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
That would depend where a person believes the lionshare of the blame is for the passing game troubles.

There's enough blame for everyone. Fisher, the OC, the O-line, the receivers, injuries, and of course the QB who always gets too much credit when things go well and too much blame when things go poorly. The NFL is the ultimate team sport and requires cohesion by all involved. If one element is out of whack, all will suffer.

But Jeff Fisher gets the ultimate blame because the buck stops with him. He hired the OC who is responsible for the game plan each week. He, along with Snead, drafted or signed the current players we have. He hired all the coaches who are supposed to train those players. He is responsible for in-game adjustments, etc.

Foles, Keenum, Bradford, Hill, and Davis all struggled under this system set up by Fisher, and all QB's who the Rams use after this will have the same problems; a weak, injury prone O-line, receivers that either can't get open or drop the ball too often, a simplistic game plan that fools no one, boneheaded penalties that stop drives in their tracks, etc.

The common thread here is Jeff Fisher. Season after season the offense plays poorly. A normal owner would see this pattern and take the appropriate steps to fix the problem. But here we are...waiting.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Don't compare Kaepernick to McNair. McNair could air the ball out like a savvy pocket passer. Kaepernick has a Howitzer for an arm, the legs of a sprinter and the decision-making ability of Ryan Leaf.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
requires cohesion by all involved.

I actually felt like Fisher would be very good at this part.

a simplistic game plan that fools no one

But, being bad at this part has hampered him his whole career.

I have worked to main jobs most of my career and one thing that held true is that if what I was doing wasn't working I changed it up. I would ask others opinions, or do some research in team work, etc... Fisher has to realize that what he is doing is not working doesn't he? It is as if he thinks he can just keep on keepin on. He did try to hire Chudzinski so maybe that is telling that he is starting to realize........or some suggested that was a ruse concocted because he knew Chud wouldn't take the job. Either way, where is the urgency, where is the desire to fix things? Is Fisher deaf, dumb and blind?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Nobody on that list I really want. As other have said, we likely need to go through the draft at this point. I'm just a but gun-shy of investing heavily at QB with the offensive line being in the state it is in. Whoever we draft is going to get totally destroyed at worst and mentally ruined at best, effectively negating our investment of high draft capital.

EDIT - I'd take Bradford back for sure, depending on the money. But I doubt he comes here. And I doubt even more he'll take a cheap contract, as our last go around with him illustrates.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
No way do we sign Strapondick unless Jim Harbaugh is our coach next year (which I wouldn't be completely against)