2016 Best Drafts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So it's dumb to grade them out this early, I know. Not gonna do that, but here's the ones that I feel are going to most positively and drastically impact the future path of the product on the field:

1. Miami. Great draft to start the boy genius Head Coach off on the right foot. Opened with a blue chip LT prospect in Tunsil, couple key pieces for Gase in Drake and Caroo, and finished it up with Duarte. Defensive picks are not good, but they nailed it with Doughty in round 7 getting a guy I am convinced will start in this league someday.

2. Detroit. Three excellent OL picks in Decker, Glasgow, and Dahl which were sorely needed. The DT Robinson was a solid addition to their defense, and they also took one of my favorite defenders in this draft in Killebrew in round 4 wow. Development QB in Rudock in round 6 was a great wrap up.

3. LA. Don't have to sell you guys, you know what they did. Put us at 3 to counter my natural homer tendencies but we know that the Rams really had the most impacting draft because they hit on the next great QB before slaying the late rounds! :D

4. Seattle. Big surprise right? Ifedi is a nice mauler for Cable to mold at a big need interior OL. Them getting Reed at pick 49 is effin unfair. Then they go and get a nice fit type TE in Vannett. Two stud RBs in Prosise and Collins (Collins in particular I liked). And they add yet another top hands prospect type they prefer in Lawler in round 7.

…..

Legend
Jacksonville killed it early. Im not sure what they did day 3 as I slept through after working all night.

I dont know Buffalos needs but they hit on the best run defending DE in round 1 and then the best run stuffing LBer in round 2, followed that up with a stud DT

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Cowboys with Zeke is going to be scary. It's going to be him vs Gurley for the rushing title for many years to come.

If Jaylon can work everything out with his injury then that's a defensive game changer. I like that they spent the next couple picks solidifying their D-line talent as well.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think the OT Decker is garbage....Jags really look improved on defense....don't know what the Titans or Browns did....Loved the Raiders picks.

Snisher killed it...best Rams draft in terms of filling needs....

This draft went away from bpa....and more towards needs...in almost every war room

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
they also took one of my favorite defenders in this draft in Killebrew in round 4 wow.
I Cried when this happen, I REALLY wanted the Rams to take this ^ guy!!:(

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I dont know Buffalos needs but they hit on the best run defending DE in round 1 and then the best run stuffing LBer in round 2, followed that up with a stud DT
When I noticed they got Lawson, and then got Ragland, I went "WOW their "D" is going to be DANGEROUS this year!! " Not that it wasn't before!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Cowboys with Zeke is going to be scary. It's going to be him vs Gurley for the rushing title for many years to come.

If Jaylon can work everything out with his injury then that's a defensive game changer. I like that they spent the next couple picks solidifying their D-line talent as well.

Dallas biggest weakness is on D and Smith could be great if he ever makes it back. Foot drop can take years for nerves to regenerate. That was a gamble. Elliott was not their first choice. They could do very well with Booker or a later RB. They should have picked Ramsey.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jacksonville is my pick too. Seattle? Meh. Nothing impressive with their picks. Oakland had an interesting draft. Green Bay did well.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I don't know how Seattle can make this list. Yeah they addressed the biggest weakness on the line. But they failed as soon as they drafted multiple running backs. You have Rawls who tore shit up, and now used two picks on the position when only one sees the field at a time typically. That's a failure if you ask me. I give Jacksonville my pick if I'm choosing one team. They dominated the offseason as a whole.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Jacksonville had some damn steals! They are acquiring some talent in a decently weak division! See if their coaching staff can get them all moving in the same direction.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know how Seattle can make this list. Yeah they addressed the biggest weakness on the line. But they failed as soon as they drafted multiple running backs. You have Rawls who tore crap up, and now used two picks on the position when only one sees the field at a time typically. That's a failure if you ask me. I give Jacksonville my pick if I'm choosing one team. They dominated the offseason as a whole.

They needed badly to supplement their RB position and just Rawls is not enough for a team that builds everything around that run game. Then they added some other key pieces that all fit what they do very nicely.

This is all opinion, since none of us know. But while everyone talks up Jax's draft, I'm not seeing it: Jack is an immense risk that high. Day is an injury-prone DT that I had downgraded significantly. Ngakoue is a JAG in the bad sense. Only two picks of theirs I like are Ramsey and Allen. That's it.

Athos

Legend
Jax has the offense.

I think they did work on D.

Remember they'll basically have Fowler who's almost a draft of this year since he never got to play last year.

They should make a bit of noise this year.