2015 QB Class

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weak schedule for Grayson... And for all the hype about UCLA players... who is killing it know?

Schedule is irrelevant. Play is relevant. It's easy to see Grayson is the better QB when you turn on their games.

I'm not sure what you're asking about UCLA.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You are not considering the type of offense he ran ..... a spread that was predicated on short passes & you only went long when the defense made a big effort to took it away.

My perception is that the is that the Rams OB stacked in the following

Winston & Mariota ..... Rd 1
Hundley.. Round 2-3
Mannion.. Round 4
Bridge.... 6- FA
I have a gut feeling that Ram's will come out of this with a West Coast QB.
Mariota should cost too much (but you never no what Kronke will mandate. I am betty that Hundley or Mannion are selected. Do not underestimate their (Snead/Fisher) love for tall QBs. Mannion 4 yr experience in a pro style offense is more impressive than Grayson (and his 6'2" height.

You do know that Aaron Rodgers is 6'2", right? 6'2" isn't short for a quarterback.

I did consider it. It's also a system that's built exclusively in the shotgun with no snaps under center. His pocket passing skills are terrible.

And you think that Mannion is more impressive than Grayson?! Hah!

That windup. Those mechanics. He's slower on the release than Leftwich was. And you think that he's a better prospect than Grayson?

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Schedule is irrelevant. Play is relevant. It's easy to see Grayson is the better QB when you turn on their games.

Disagree. Who you play matters. Who he played drops him at least a round probably 1.5 rounds.

I disagree relative too how good he is. To me he is just another long line of marginal Qbs (Garoppolo, Cassell, Mallett, etc all (that NE drated or would draft to flip to some dumb team.

Never be a top half (of the league) starter.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Never know...trader Les may have something up his sleeve...
And as far QB's of 2016....hell, draft one of them too....
I can get on board with drafting a QB this year and next as well. Stockpiling qb's is something I wish the Rams had started years ago. Just prefer next year's class for starter potential over this one. But you never know when you find that diamond.

And if we get Winston or mariota some how, I'd do leaps of joy.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Just prefer next year's class for starter potential over this one. But you never know when you find that diamond.

Probably worst than this year, Maybe 1 worthy QB , lots of scouts think next year is worst than this year.

Have to go... see you all late tomorrow.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Probably worst than this year, Maybe 1 worthy QB , lots of scouts think next year is worst than this year.

Have to go... see you all late tomorrow.
I disagree strongly.

Jones, Hackenburg, Cook, Goff, Kiel, plus numerous others. Much better than this class. At this point, I'd say 6 qb's go in the first two rounds next year. I emphasize right now, as much can change from now till then as it usually does. But I stand firm. Next year's QB class is far better than this crap we have this year.

I'd take any I mentioned right now over any of the 2nd tier prospects of this draft.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disagree. Who you play matters. Who he played drops him at least a round probably 1.5 rounds.

I disagree relative too how good he is. To me he is just another long line of marginal Qbs (Garoppolo, Cassell, Mallett, etc all (that NE drated or would draft to flip to some dumb team.

Never be a top half (of the league) starter.

Problem with your argument is that Mannion isn't even that good.

Who you play matters? Then why didn't it stop Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, Joe Flacco, Ben Roethlisberger, etc. from being successful?

The better player is the better player.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Im not a hundley fan at all and im not really impressed with grayson's lack of arm strength. Id rank them
1. Winston
2. Mariota
3. Petty
4. Grayson
5. Hundley
Not a very strong class at all imho

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im not a hundley fan at all and im not really impressed with grayson's lack of arm strength. Id rank them
1. Winston
2. Mariota
3. Petty
4. Grayson
5. Hundley
Not a very strong class at all imho

IMO, it's a bad idea to overlook the most important aspects of QBing for arm strength when a guy's arm strength is functional. Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger, Tony Romo, the list goes on...all overlooked (at least partly) because they didn't possess great arm strength.

If Peyton Manning and Chad Pennington have proven anything, it's that arm strength really isn't that important. Both those guys had/have limp noodles and made it work. Grayson's arm is well above that status.

I certainly won't claim Grayson is either guy but the guy definitely has some Bulger like aspects to his game and his ball placement is second best in this class behind Winston...hell, it's right there with Winston's. He made throws at Colorado State that would cause NFL QBs to say, "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!"

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Besides Winston this draft class just stinks. Everyone is trying to put lip stick on a pig but it's still a pig and these QB's still stink.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Besides Winston this draft class just stinks. Everyone is trying to put lip stick on a pig but it's still a pig and these QB's still stink.

I respect your opinion, my friend. But I gotta say that the more I've seen, the more convinced I've become that Garrett Grayson is a future starting NFL QB.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I respect your opinion, my friend. But I gotta say that the more I've seen, the more convinced I've become that Garrett Grayson is a future starting NFL QB.

Right back at you in terms of respect! Let's say you are right about Grayson and he becomes everything you think he will. This group of QB's still stink.

It will be Grayson/Winston with very little else if nothing at all.

This is not the class you want to be looking at if you need a QB.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, there are a lot of people stating "facts" in here about how these QBs are "terrible". Just remember, opinions are like reality shows. Everybody has one, but wow is it annoying when armchair GMs start stating absolutes about guys that haven't had a chance to prove themselves yet. Sheesh....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I'd put Mariota in that group easily. Grayson? Sure. Heinicke is also a very underrated quarterback who could easily be a solid backup.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I'd put Mariota in that group easily. Grayson? Sure. Heinicke is also a very underrated quarterback who could easily be a solid backup.

I go back and forth on Mariota. But like so many of the QB's in this class, there are so many question marks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I go back and forth on Mariota. But like so many of the QB's in this class, there are so many question marks.

I'm not sold on Mariota but I'd take a chance on him due to his reported character and all his physical talent. Definitely some areas of his game that scare me but I could see him developing into a successful QB.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm not sold on Mariota but I'd take a chance on him due to his reported character and all his physical talent. Definitely some areas of his game that scare me but I could see him developing into a successful QB.

Agreed, I feel the same.