2015 NFL Mock Draft: Todd McShay 2.0--Rams: WR Kevin White

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

2015 NFL Mock Draft: Todd McShay 2.0

By 3k

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/2/5/7984939/2015-nfl-mock-draft-todd-mcshay

The ESPN draftnik is back with an update on his first mock from back in mid-December.

Mock mock mock. Todd McShay new mock (insider mock because boo mock).
# Team Pick POS School
1 Tampa Bay Jameis Winston QB Florida St.
2 Tennessee Leonard Williams DL USC
3 Jacksonville Randy Gregory DE Nebraska
4 Oakland Amari Cooper WR Alabama
5 Washington Shane Ray DE Missouri
6 New York Jets Marcus Mariota QB Oregon
7 Chicago Danny Shelton DT Washington
8 Atlanta Arik Armstead DE Oregon
9 New York Giants Brandon Scherff OT Iowa

Mock mock mock mock mock. Mock mock Rams mock, mock mock McShay mock?

Rams: Kevin White (WR - West Virginia)

The Rams' biggest need is at QB, but there's no way for them to address that position in this scenario. (Remember, we don't project trades in these mock drafts, and there's a big drop-off in this year's QB class after Winston and Mariota.) The next-biggest need is O-line, but the only prospect worth drafting this high is Stanford's Andrus Peat, and he's a pure left tackle who doesn't fit the Rams' physical approach all that well. So, wide receiver makes the most sense here, and White is a complete player with good size and outstanding ball skills. He'd immediately upgrade a group that features several question marks and no No. 1 receiver.

Mock. Mock mock offensive line, mock mock mock. Mock mock?

We'll just have to mock.

Ltrautman

MIZ
White is very talented but I think we could address a bigger need with 10 or trade back. IMO our receiving corps is plenty talented we just need someone to get them the ball

thehammer

Rookie
likely bpa at 10 will be a wr.....come draft time wouldn't be surprised White and possibly Parker pass Cooper..both better athletes and the scouts will start to worry about Coopers drop rate...

bpa(wr) or trade up or down

Athos

Legend
Agreed with hammer. BPA at #10 will likely be WR, unless you want and have Clemmings sitting right there. I think the simple fact is, unless it's a WR/Clemmings, you definitely trade down. Not too terribly far you miss on a very, very good player, but trade down.

Also agree with White and Parker are both superior athletes to Cooper. That's pretty easy to figure out imo. Cooper is the more developed WR though.

Waiting for secondroundstats (if that guy still doing shit even?) to get better reads on the WRs and RBs.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I can see it if the prognosis on Quick is bad or delayed as in being ready after start of the season.

Rainram

Starter
Agreed with hammer. BPA at #10 will likely be WR, unless you want and have Clemmings sitting right there. I think the simple fact is, unless it's a WR/Clemmings, you definitely trade down. Not too terribly far you miss on a very, very good player, but trade down.

Also agree with White and Parker are both superior athletes to Cooper. That's pretty easy to figure out imo. Cooper is the more developed WR though.

Waiting for secondroundstats (if that guy still doing crap even?) to get better reads on the WRs and RBs.

Agree with you and Hammer.

I would have no problem taking a WR if they deem it BPA...and assuming they made a nice dent in our OLine problems via FA. I, too, like Parker and White quite a bit.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'd rather trade down to a point where we can get OL as BPA ... and a few extra picks. White is tempting, but our interior OL was insanely weak last season, and it was a weakness that pulled down the entire team as opponents exploited the hell out of. If we don't fix that, we are looking at 6-10 again.

Rainram

Starter
I'd rather trade down to a point where we can get OL as BPA ... and a few extra picks. White is tempting, but our interior OL was insanely weak last season, and it was a weakness that pulled down the entire team as opponents exploited the hell out of. If we don't fix that, we are looking at 6-10 again.
I understand entirely. I think the OLine should be the #1 priority this off-season...but we can definitely tackle multiple deficiencies. What's to say we can't grab Wisniewski and a another back OL in FA. Take the best OG in the 2nd...maybe Cann if he's there. But we can still use our first for someone like White (who shouldn't be there at #10 anyway). Robinson...Cann...Wisniewski...Saffold...Barksdale. And we still nabbed White in the first. And by all means, grab more big uglies on day 2 and 3.

I'm not saying it will pan out that way...just saying anything is possible. And upgrading a very unproven, and still-suspect, WR corps with a Top 5 talent wouldn't be a bad thing.

(Full disclosure...I have White as the TOP WR on my board. I think 2 WRs are gone by #10. If it's White and Parker that are gone, and Cooper is left...I might look to trade down or go best OL.)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I understand entirely. I think the OLine should be the #1 priority this off-season...but we can definitely tackle multiple deficiencies. What's to say we can't grab Wisniewski and a another back OL in FA. Take the best OG in the 2nd...maybe Cann if he's there. But we can still use our first for someone like White (who shouldn't be there at #10 anyway). Robinson...Cann...Wisniewski...Saffold...Barksdale. And we still nabbed White in the first. And by all means, grab more big uglies on day 2 and 3.

I'm not saying it will pan out that way...just saying anything is possible. And upgrading a very unproven, and still-suspect, WR corps with a Top 5 talent wouldn't be a bad thing.

(Full disclosure...I have White as the TOP WR on my board. I think 2 WRs are gone by #10. If it's White and Parker that are gone, and Cooper is left...I might look to trade down or go best OL.)

Yeah, maybe so. Either way, we have to know for sure that the OL is going to be fixed before we spend a luxury pick on a WR ... although I can understand why White would be tempting.