2014 Expectations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
What are your expectations or predictions the Rams in the 2014 season?

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
My expectations are the same as they were before losing Sam for the season. At least 10-6 and a playoff berth. Losing Sam hurts but he wasn't the whole reason for my high expectations. The rest remain.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I still see a borderline playoff team. If we get some luck and some breaks, we'll be in. If we continue to be snakebitten we'll be on the outside looking in.

Should mean we're playing meaningful games in December for the first time in a long time.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
10 and 6 or 9 and 7. With a hard fight with the Seachickens for the NFC WEST.

The 49ers troubles have been like hearing angels sing.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
My expectations will be based on the health of our team.

10-6, playoffs as is.

VARam

Lack of good QB play + brutal schedule= 5-11

2015 draft is the year of the signal caller and we must get one.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My personal believes are based on what I have seen with my own eyes and the reports that I have read here.....I see us as talent laden team..... sure maybe some of it unrealized up to this point but I think many young players will begin to Pop this year into up and coming stars....I think we make the Playoffs at 10-6. We will still lose some games we shouldn't. ....But they will believe and know how good they are. That Shaun Hill just has to drive the car as our skill positions on offense are really coming along...... and yes he is accurate and has a strong enough arm to do it a whole season. Our Offensive and Defensive lines will become dominant this season....with our defensive line becoming maybe the best of all-time.......lol.....but here is where I differ from a lot of us Rams fans..... I think in Greg Williams scheme our secondary is going to be fantastic. OH.....and finally we be a highly penalized team again this year....... but cheer up....... the two most penalized teams each year were the Seahawks in 13 and the Ravens in 12.....Go Rams.....;)

Big Willie

Starter
I expect progress. Progress to me means better line play, offensive and defensive. Top 12 defense (talent is there but they have to perform).....improved passing game (fewer drops by receivers) and better WR play. Better utilization of Tavon by Shotty, solid running game, fewer penalties, more explosive plays, better CB play and more turnovers created. I don't ask for much! Looking for 9 or more wins.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's really hard to look at a schedule and predict wins. Teams rise and fall too fast in this league.

I believe we have a defense that can carry us to the playoffs. It is very talented and our DC brings attitude and creativity.

On offense, I think the potential is there to better than currently given credit. S Hill should be steady enough, but I firmly believe Tavon is going to surprise some people as he's quietly slipped off radars. With Cook, Britt, and Quick... There are three others that can generate big plays. And lastly... We have depth at RB like never before.

Playoffs? Why not? In the NFL, anything is possible. We have the potential to be very good.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If the offensive line stays healthy I feel confident the Rams will be 8-8, 9-7 and will showcase the ability to run the ball down the opponents throat. However, if Long and Saffold go down early and often the Rams will not be able to withstand those injuries throughout the season.

I have confidence in Hill, he won't lose games like Clemens did, but IMO you cannot ride him like a ten cent pony like other teams do with upper echelon QB's, it will take a collaborative effort. Just once I would like to go into the season with all the king's horses and all the king's men and not have Fisher have to put this team back together again!

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
No idea. Just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

However, if you could tell me that the team would have minimal injuries, the defense would play up to it's press clippings, and the running game would get on track, then I'd bank on them being a playoff team.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
NFC WEST TITLE, and a better recovery of the injured knee to Sam Bradford.

paceram

Pro Bowler
My expectations are the same as they were before losing Sam for the season. At least 10-6 and a playoff berth. Losing Sam hurts but he wasn't the whole reason for my high expectations. The rest remain.

+1

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have my money down on the Rams to WIN the West, and I'm NOT wavering! So maybe they won't go 13-3, I'll settle for 10 or 11 Wins and the Division Title!! GO RAMS!!:D:shooting: