1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

2014 Draft/Prospects Discussion

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Memento, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

Still a lot of ways we could go if we had a pick like that. We could easily get another bounty of picks and players. But you're probably right; Tampa needs a pass-rusher badly and has needed one for quite some time. Clowney is just what the doctor ordered for them...unless they decide to pass him up.

2. jrry32 Well-Known Member

I like the players you went after for sure. Personally, I think Loucheiz Purifoy goes early to mid round 1. He's a lot like Stephon Gilmore. Scary athletic, physical and instinctual but very raw in terms of technique and ball-skills.

Brynn Renner would not be the guy I'd go after as a developmental QB. Have never been impressed by him. I don't know who would be there in the 5th but I'd hope someone better would be available. I'd take David Fales over Renner despite Fales's short-comings with arm strength.

3. fearsomefour Well-Known Member

Louis Nix is the most impactful D player in this draft to me outside of Clowney.
    With the Rams possesing two high firsts this year I could see Nix falling to about 7 or 8 with a run on QBs, LT and Clowney gone. A perfect pick to me and the number one guy I hope they get. I think he could change the whole game for the D.
    Give me Nix and the best T with the first two picks and Im happy.
    So much of the draft comes down to slotting. If there are 5 OTs off the board and the best rated G is available at lets say 17 I would take that if he grades out.
    If that 6th T still grades out higher and stands to be a good RT for years to come, grab him. Tackles have more value as they are harder to find. Someone asked me before on another thread why I would take a T even though G is a bigger need, that is why, unless the G grades out as being a first round kind of player.

4. Memento Ser Memento (alias, The Winged Knight).

That's quite possible. I was going off of the big board of CBS (Purifoy is ranked 38 there), but he could certainly go in the first round with his talent. I just think he slips because of his suspension and because, like you said, he's extremely raw.

I was actually tempted to put Sean Mannion (Oregon State) at quarterback instead of Renner...but Mannion is a junior, and he'll probably want to stay in school for his senior year. There's a guy by the name of Jeff Mathews (Cornell) who has a big arm and good pocket presence, but he struggles with accuracy. James Franklin is really accurate from ten yards in, releases the ball quickly, and is a talented dual-threat quarterback, but is also injury-prone and - in my opinion as a Mizzou homer - struggles with ball placement when it's intermediate or more. You have other guys like Logan Thomas, but Thomas couldn't hit the ocean if he was standing on the shore. So, yeah, not a lot of options in the fifth round.

5. jrry32 Well-Known Member

I've heard of Mathews but haven't watched him and don't know where he'll be placed. I'm not a Mannion fan. He has really bad mechanics and left a bad taste in my mouth in 2012 although he bounced back in a big way.

Not a Franklin or Thomas fan. Not NFL caliber imo. Thomas has all the tools but no accuracy or consistency.

6. jrry32 Well-Known Member