2013 preseason outlook: Rams RB situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/play/nfl_fantasy/iXzEeN70UOV7/preseason-outlook-rams-rb-situation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/p ... -situation</a>

It's a new era in the backfield for the Rams, but which running back is going to take the lead?
The Fantasy Football Today analysts discuss where they're putting their faith.

[cbs]iXzEeN70UOV7[/cbs]

nighttrain

Legend
wsaladen said:
I think RB Zack Stacy will end up with a lot of carries in 2013!!
I have been a fan of Fisher since he was DC with the Orange County Rams, he used a 2nd round pick on Pead, not for nothing
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think the RB question will get answered in the first couple of pre season games. They have said it will be by committee, and that's why SJ left. After we see a couple of games it'll be obvious what the pecking order is. One of those guys is going to turn out to be a little better than the others and it'll show up.

iced

I think it's Pead. The whole "what is Fisher supposed to say" cliche is so annoying - he didn't have to say anything, could easily coach speaked it like they always do..he talked him up instead

nighttrain

Legend
iced said:
I think it's Pead. The whole "what is Fisher supposed to say" cliche is so annoying - he didn't have to say anything, could easily coach speaked it like they always do..he talked him up instead
I always fall back on Fisher/Snead drafted him in the 2nd round, they have yet to have a bust
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
iced said:

Pead will probably get a little more benefit of the doubt for a couple of reasons, he'll still have to put up the production of course but the contract and draft position will give him an extra bit of pressure but also some extra love.

RamzFanz

Damnit
nighttrain said:
I have been a fan of Fisher since he was DC with the Orange County Rams, he used a 2nd round pick on Pead, not for nothing
train

Pead is so fast, you really have to want him to show up this year to round out The Fastest Show On Turf BUT, you don't play him just because of where he was drafted.

I'm not sure why everyone is writing off Richardson. He out produced Jackson in both longer runs and yards per carry. I thought he was pretty impressive as a back up. No? Why not?

Stacy is the most interesting to me. He does have some nice highlights. He can smell a hole, he has elusiveness, and he lowers his shoulder and powers through tackles. It seems like the first guy can never tackle him because he either jigs or powers through.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
My vote is for Ganaway, this guy is big and fast. They didn't keep him on the team all last year for no reason.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
HE WITH HORNS with a logical conclusion:
My vote is for Ganaway, this guy is big and fast. They didn't keep him on the team all last year for no reason.

Of all the RBs we have, I know the least about Ganaway.

Equally logical is this question: The Jets didn't waive a 6th round draft pick after the preseason for no reason.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think it's Pead. But I also think he's a bit of a head case.

(1) Didn't learn the book (and sort of blamed his situation for that - lame).

(2) Then made it known he was "miserable" in 2012 - whiney silliness.

(3) Then we learn of his drug suspension - questionable intelligence.

(4) He's had some fumbles - this stuff rarely goes away.

(5) He looked like a panic'd runner to me when he did have chances - it should be natural but he looked anything but natural.

So...

I think Pead is a risky bet and it wouldn't surprise me if Richardson or Stacy wins the job.

jap

Legend
LesBaker said:
I think the RB question will get answered in the first couple of pre season games. They have said it will be by committee, and that's why SJ left. After we see a couple of games it'll be obvious what the pecking order is. One of those guys is going to turn out to be a little better than the others and it'll show up.

You do realize that Fish could have told SJ about the RB by committee scenario knowing full well that would cause SJ to bolt, do you?

On a side note, why the hell do these guys refer to themselves as experts? What the hell is so damn expert about their silly comments?

RamzFanz

Damnit
HE WITH HORNS said:

40 Yard Dash

Pead 4.39

Richardson 4.47

Stacy 4.55* (unofficial)

Ganaway 4.61

He is the biggest by 20 LBS though. I can't see him not getting a single touch last season if he has more potential than the others. I honestly don't know much about him though.

I do see that Terrance Ganaway set Baylor records in 2011 with 1547 yards and 21 touchdowns.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Ganaway's 2012 preseason stats:
Game 1: 4 rushes for 16 yards
Game 2: Did not play
Game 3: 1 rush for -1.0 yards
Game 4: Did not play

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
nighttrain said:
iced said:
I always fall back on Fisher/Snead drafted him in the 2nd round, they have yet to have a bust
train
I know. It's almost like we expect a draft pick to bust; like we're programmed because of the constant failure in the past.

It's a new era, similar to the Klosterman era in the 70's. Competence rules.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
RamzFanz said:
I thought he was pretty impressive as a back up. No? Why not?

Richardson was a liability in pass protection and that was the major reason they kept Jackson in on passing downs. Plus Richardson ran totally out of gas at the end.

However, I'm hoping the experience did him well and he'll be ready to be very productive this season. Pre-season will give a good indicator as to which back will be the one on the field most of the time.

stewymark

No love for Richardson?? I'm surprised. I like our OL this year with the J.Long addition. I can't wait to see what these speedsters can do!!
GO RAMS!!!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We know there are going to be holes wide enough for Arnold Schwarzenegger's Hummer to drive through with this revamped o-line. We have some pretty fast RB's that are going to have crazy gains. Sam will have them against the ropes with the passing game too. I think we are going to see something magical this season.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
There going to be like 4 golf clubs in a bag. Fisher will use each according to what shot he wants to make.