2013 Offseason Needs: WR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I love to discuss Rams through all forms of media with you folks. Just put out a video on my YouTube channel of my thoughts on WR for the Rams in 2013. This is the first of several videos I will be putting out pre-draft. I might ramble a bit, but give me feedback if you have the time to watch it. Thanks!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j90ADxoOpA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV0cD9yx3Zs[/youtube]

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
rams24/7 said:
I love to discuss Rams through all forms of media with you folks. Just put out a video on my YouTube channel of my thoughts on WR for the Rams in 2013. This is the first of several videos I will be putting out pre-draft. I might ramble a bit, but give me feedback if you have the time to watch it. Thanks!

I enjoyed watching this. Good stuff.

I agree with your thoughts on Quick. It's risky to bank on him to emerge. I think we all hope he does. I think we all think he might. But taking that gamble puts the 2013 season on the line - again - being potentially under manned at WR.

I also agree with your thoughts on Gibson. He's not a bad player. But I think you can get his type of production out of someone else. Especially if he gets a decent FA offer somewhere. Pass.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
rams24/7 said:

I agree with your thoughts on Quick. It's risky to bank on him to emerge. I think we all hope he does. I think we all think he might. But taking that gamble puts the 2013 season on the line - again - being potentially under manned at WR.

I also agree with your thoughts on Gibson. He's not a bad player. But I think you can get his type of production out of someone else. Especially if he gets a decent FA offer somewhere. Pass.

Thanks CGI! I'll have videos on Guard, Safety, Right Tackle, and Outside backer soon.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Good breakdown, looking forward to part two, as well as the rest of the positions. I have to agree with everything you said, I'm hoping that Quick will continue to develop to become more of a #1 type receiver, but I figured it would be closer to year 3 if he does become that. I'm hoping that Amendola and his agent aren't over-evaluating his worth either. If I was Fisher/Snead I'd probably tell his agent something along the lines of "We want you back, we love what you can do, but we can't and wont go higher than X dollars. If you wont go there, then we'll move on. We have two first rounders, and there's another guy your size and ability that'll be there at 22. We do have options."

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
rams24/7 said:

As much as i'm hoping Quick breaks our, have to agree with your thots. Gibson also. One issue you didn't address, and i think it's major. is Kendricks. that cat showed he is/could be a top TE receiver..Dangerous..DA, depends on the money to me...But great analysis, keep it up
train

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Thanks bluecoconuts and nighttrain. Good to see we are on the same page! And nighttrain, I didn't mention Kendricks because I was strictly speaking on WRs, but a good topic to discuss.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Just uploaded Part 2 of the Receiver video above^

nighttrain

Legend
rams24/7 said:

just watched/listened to part two. If we dont resign DA, Austin would be awesome. Hopkins, definately on the radar..For me, I don't think the Rams are in a position to take Patterson, great potential, but that works for somebody else... Rams wants/needs are NOW. SB is gonna be awesome, but needs guys like Hopkins/Austin..super route runners and all over threats.

for the money, i take Austin over DA, but thats me...
super work dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
train

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
nighttrain said:
rams24/7 said:

just watched/listened to part two. If we dont resign DA, Austin would be awesome. Hopkins, definately on the radar..For me, I don't think the Rams are in a position to take Patterson, great potential, but that works for somebody else... Rams wants/needs are NOW. SB is gonna be awesome, but needs guys like Hopkins/Austin..super route runners and all over threats.

for the money, i take Austin over DA, but thats me...
super work dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
train

Thanks for taking the time to watch these videos. They tend to run a little long, but its because there is so much to discuss! There is a limited Rams audience on YouTube so I'm always happy to discuss topics with true fans like those on ROD.