2013 Offseason Needs: S

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Provided they can't work out a deal with Mikell (who has no incentive to reduce his salary), another option would be to just release him (and Dahl) outright, sign a mid level Free Agent like Chris Clemons of Miami and fill the other spot with a rookie. As you said, the draft is pretty deep at the position with Eric Reid, Abram Elam, Tony Jefferson and Jonathan Cyprien. Also (as you said), Daniels, McLeod and Stewart could all battle for the #2 & #3 options. With Cecil & Walton coaching up the DBs, I'm pretty sure we can come up with a legit combo.

If we CAN work out a deal with Mikell, then that's the best option obviously. He played at a pro-bowl level last year, but was snubbed along with everyone else wearing a Rams uni. He's a boss in the box and gets pretty consistent pressure when he blitzes too. Because of that, I'm willing to bet getting him back on the team in a cap-friendly manner is a pretty high priority for Demoff & Company right now.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Provided they can't work out a deal with Mikell (who has no incentive to reduce his salary), another option would be to just release him (and Dahl) outright, sign a mid level Free Agent like Chris Clemons of Miami and fill the other spot with a rookie. As you said, the draft is pretty deep at the position with Eric Reid, Abram Elam, Tony Jefferson and Jonathan Cyprien. Also (as you said), Daniels, McLeod and Stewart could all battle for the #2 & #3 options. With Cecil & Walton coaching up the DBs, I'm pretty sure we can come up with a legit combo.

If we CAN work out a deal with Mikell, then that's the best option obviously. He played at a pro-bowl level last year, but was snubbed along with everyone else wearing a Rams uni. He's a boss in the box and gets pretty consistent pressure when he blitzes too. Because of that, I'm willing to bet getting him back on the team in a cap-friendly manner is a pretty high priority for Demoff & Company right now.
I could flow with that. We have options.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So we have multiple options for safety, and now another option for the intro to 24/7's RODcast.

( I'm the master of segues :p )

[mp3]http://ramsondemand.com/music/intro2.mp3[/mp3]

PhxRam

X said:
So we have multiple options for safety, and now another option for the intro to 24/7's RODcast.

You have out done yourself this time.. That seriously whips the Llamas ass.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
X said:

Thats awesome. You should see if you can incorporate Dahl yelling at Booger in there as well. :sly:

nighttrain

Legend
rams24/7 said:
DR RAM said:
rams24/7 said:
DR RAM said:
I saw, and reported on so many instances where Dahl got burned, it was just silly. He takes bad angles, and was often out of position. He bit at play/action, or if you flashed a player in front of him... he would just freeze.

Another deadly combination was to have Dahl and Jenkins on the same side of the field. During 3 or 4 games, every time a team saw that combo, they would audible and burn us for a big play.

I would have cut the C. Dahl before the previous season, 2 years ago. In fact, I did, in my mock 53 roster.

If it was me, I'd release Mikell, play Stewart in the box, and draft a free: Philip Thomas, Baccari Rambo, Cyprien, or Swearingen.

We'd save money and immediately get better.

You make a good point about the Dahl/Jenk combo. Jenk got better, but midseason was when it was at its worst. I can get cutting Dahl w/Stew taking over box safety, but I've watched 3-4 games of Thomas and he doesn't seem to be a true FS, he's more of the SS that plays near the line, and I think the same is true for Swearinger
Thomas had a lot of INT's for a box safety(8). We play a lot of cover 2 type schemes. Our coaches didn't even want to differentiate between a SS, and a FS, but we saw that Dahl was the FS, 90% of the time. I could see us picking a corner and converting him, but that would take time. We have a little talent on the bench too. I put a few guys down, because I figure the Rams have somebody picked out. I just want them to get the best one available in round 3. I don't see enough talent at safety, with enough separation from the others to pick anyone significantly higher.

I'd rather go through free agency to add a FS. Very good class this year. There are the expensive ones if we want to throw some money around (Goldson, Byrd, Moore, Quin) or cheaper guys (Delmas, Philips). I don't think there is a FS I really like in this draft with the exception of Tony Jefferson
i'd like to pick up the whiners FS, hurts them, helps us. Goulston?
train