2013 Offseason Needs: S

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
For those of you who didn't catch my first three offseason videos on Receiver and Guard you can catch them here <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12603</a> and here <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12624" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12624</a> . Wanted to post my newest video discussing the Rams #3 offseason need: safety. Let me know what you think!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5RHJQ4gQO8[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How would you like to do a RODcast? (see what I did there?) lol.

We can get dudes to call in, and you can host a discussion of Rams hot topics.
I'm not entirely sure how to get that started, but it can't be all that difficult to figure out.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:

I'm not entirely sure how to get that started, but it can't be all that difficult to figure out.

Definitely! I love to come on ROD, but its always fun to carry on a verbal conversation (and its faster). I'm sure some people can help shed some light on how we can do this.

PS-Rodcast... love it :lol:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rams24/7 said:
X said:

Definitely! I love to come on ROD, but its always fun to carry on a verbal conversation (and its faster). I'm sure some people can help shed some light on how we can do this.

Awesome!

I'll do some research into it. I know there are some sites where you can host a radio show with a call-in number, and I'll pick up the expenses - whatever they are - if any. I'll also work on a cool intro to the show and things like that.

:nana:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
X said:
rams24/7 said:
X said:

Awesome!

I'll do some research into it. I know there are some sites where you can host a radio show with a call-in number, and I'll pick up the expenses - whatever they are - if any. I'll also work on a cool intro to the show and things like that.

Blogtalkradio is the one of heard of most. I think you can do up to 30 min free per day? But I think you can extend the time with a membership... not sure how much. And then there are the webcam sites like stickcam, but that can get a little crazy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rams24/7 said:
X said:
rams24/7 said:
X said:

Awesome!

Blogtalkradio is the one of heard of most. I think you can do up to 30 min free per day? But I think you can extend the time with a membership... not sure how much. And then there are the webcam sites like stickcam, but that can get a little crazy.
Ight. I'll work on setting it up this week.

MojoRisin

UDFA
What about <a class="postlink" href="http://www.tokbox.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tokbox.com/</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ramsondemand-radio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ramsondemand-radio</a>

Got us a spot on blogtalkradio. That appears to be where TST and other guys do their shows.
I'll PM you the login information so you can look around and get a little acclimated.
I'll be working on the intro music this week, and then we can decide if we wanna go premium.

14958d1358311580-word-association-7-hammertime.gif

Too legit. Too legit to quit.

…..

Legend
Great job....especially how you explained exposing Dahl when using Mikell in the box or in blitz situations. It illustrates one clear thing to me, and that is that Mikell stats, and his impact as a playmaker, was greatly diminished because of the liability back there when Dahl was left alone. I imagine a defensive play caller who didnt have that liability being able to gamble that much more, thus adding a few more game changing plays to Mikells stat sheet. So I agree that a coverage FS will greatly enhance the defense by alowing more flexibility with Mikell.

So you did well outlining a critical need on the defensive side of the ball. Going free agency to address that need appears to be the next great discussion, because there are those that would address the offense instead. Valid arguments could be made for both cases, and one could safely assume that whatever need does not get handled in free agancy, would be draftable.

Lots of possibilties, not even sure if Snead's plan is final as he seems pretty flexible and prepared to turn on a dime and go to plan B if his player(s) end up somewhere else.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
The Dog said:
Great job....especially how you explained exposing Dahl when using Mikell in the box or in blitz situations. It illustrates one clear thing to me, and that is that Mikell stats, and his impact as a playmaker, was greatly diminished because of the liability back there when Dahl was left alone. I imagine a defensive play caller who didnt have that liability being able to gamble that much more, thus adding a few more game changing plays to Mikells stat sheet. So I agree that a coverage FS will greatly enhance the defense by alowing more flexibility with Mikell.

So you did well outlining a critical need on the defensive side of the ball. Going free agency to address that need appears to be the next great discussion, because there are those that would address the offense instead. Valid arguments could be made for both cases, and one could safely assume that whatever need does not get handled in free agancy, would be draftable.

Lots of possibilties, not even sure if Snead's plan is final as he seems pretty flexible and prepared to turn on a dime and go to plan B if his player(s) end up somewhere else.

Agreed. I'm getting a strong vibe from Fish/Snead/Demoff that they won't be landing many huge names this offseason. Therefore, I don't see us targeting Wallace/Bowe/Jennings as they would cost too much. The FO hopes to get our cap down to $10-$12 million. One of those WRs would take over half of that. Not feasible. I also don't see us adding a top RT (Volmer or Smith) or guard.

I think Fish wants to build the o-line through the draft so we can get younger, same with WR. If we attack any position in FA I think its safety. I could see less expensive signings like TE, RT, OLB, DL, CB

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ramsondemand-radio

Got us a spot on blogtalkradio. That appears to be where TST and other guys do their shows.
I'll PM you the login information so you can look around and get a little acclimated.
I'll be working on the intro music this week, and then we can decide if we wanna go premium.

14958d1358311580-word-association-7-hammertime.gif

Too legit. Too legit to quit.

SWEET!

RamsONDEMAND... We got it all!

DRHcw_zps57d81abb.gif

Look forward to this!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I had News Bot mix us up an intro.

[mp3]http://ramsondemand.com/music/intro.mp3[/mp3]

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
X said:

COOL :bg: . The only thing I would add is some kind of funny Rams sound bit at the end

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rams24/7 said:
X said:

COOL :bg: . The only thing I would add is some kind of funny Rams sound bit at the end
Ight. Give me an example.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
X said:
rams24/7 said:
X said:

Ight. Give me an example.

It doesn't have to be funny, but can be. Maybe like "The Gateway to the West, is now the gateway to the best football team in the world!" Idk, I still gotta think...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I saw, and reported on so many instances where Dahl got burned, it was just silly. He takes bad angles, and was often out of position. He bit at play/action, or if you flashed a player in front of him... he would just freeze.

Another deadly combination was to have Dahl and Jenkins on the same side of the field. During 3 or 4 games, every time a team saw that combo, they would audible and burn us for a big play.

I would have cut the C. Dahl before the previous season, 2 years ago. In fact, I did, in my mock 53 roster.

If it was me, I'd release Mikell, play Stewart in the box, and draft a free: Philip Thomas, Baccari Rambo, Cyprien, or Swearingen.

We'd save money and immediately get better.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
DR RAM said:
I saw, and reported on so many instances where Dahl got burned, it was just silly. He takes bad angles, and was often out of position. He bit at play/action, or if you flashed a player in front of him... he would just freeze.

Another deadly combination was to have Dahl and Jenkins on the same side of the field. During 3 or 4 games, every time a team saw that combo, they would audible and burn us for a big play.

I would have cut the C. Dahl before the previous season, 2 years ago. In fact, I did, in my mock 53 roster.

If it was me, I'd release Mikell, play Stewart in the box, and draft a free: Philip Thomas, Baccari Rambo, Cyprien, or Swearingen.

You make a good point about the Dahl/Jenk combo. Jenk got better, but midseason was when it was at its worst. I can get cutting Dahl w/Stew taking over box safety, but I've watched 3-4 games of Thomas and he doesn't seem to be a true FS, he's more of the SS that plays near the line, and I think the same is true for Swearinger

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
rams24/7 said:
DR RAM said:

You make a good point about the Dahl/Jenk combo. Jenk got better, but midseason was when it was at its worst. I can get cutting Dahl w/Stew taking over box safety, but I've watched 3-4 games of Thomas and he doesn't seem to be a true FS, he's more of the SS that plays near the line, and I think the same is true for Swearinger
Thomas had a lot of INT's for a box safety(8). We play a lot of cover 2 type schemes. Our coaches didn't even want to differentiate between a SS, and a FS, but we saw that Dahl was the FS, 90% of the time. I could see us picking a corner and converting him, but that would take time. We have a little talent on the bench too. I put a few guys down, because I figure the Rams have somebody picked out. I just want them to get the best one available in round 3. I don't see enough talent at safety, with enough separation from the others to pick anyone significantly higher.

I should add that I like hard hitting FS's.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
DR RAM said:
rams24/7 said:
DR RAM said:

Thomas had a lot of INT's for a box safety(8). We play a lot of cover 2 type schemes. Our coaches didn't even want to differentiate between a SS, and a FS, but we saw that Dahl was the FS, 90% of the time. I could see us picking a corner and converting him, but that would take time. We have a little talent on the bench too. I put a few guys down, because I figure the Rams have somebody picked out. I just want them to get the best one available in round 3. I don't see enough talent at safety, with enough separation from the others to pick anyone significantly higher.

I'd rather go through free agency to add a FS. Very good class this year. There are the expensive ones if we want to throw some money around (Goldson, Byrd, Moore, Quin) or cheaper guys (Delmas, Philips). I don't think there is a FS I really like in this draft with the exception of Tony Jefferson

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
rams24/7 said:
DR RAM said:
rams24/7 said:
DR RAM said:

I'd rather go through free agency to add a FS. Very good class this year. There are the expensive ones if we want to throw some money around (Goldson, Byrd, Moore, Quin) or cheaper guys (Delmas, Philips). I don't think there is a FS I really like in this draft with the exception of Tony Jefferson
I'd save a hell of a lot more money than you, LOL. You listed some good players, but a few will be untouchable. I look at it as low hanging fruit. If I can spend a 3rd round pick for a starting FS better than my current one, and I think I can, then I wouldn't hesitate to do it.

Elam looked good today--still watching today's footage.