2013 NFL Draft/Prospect Discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
http://espn.go.com/college-football/bow ... jured-foot

Barrett Jones played on injured foot
Updated: January 8, 2013, 4:32 AM ET
By Chris Low | ESPN.com

MIAMI -- Alabama senior center Barrett Jones played Monday night in the Crimson Tide's 42-14 victory over Notre Dame in the Discover BCS National Championship at Sun Life Stadium with torn ligaments in his left foot.

Jones, who suffered the Lisfranc (midfoot) injury in the first quarter of the SEC championship game back on Dec. 1, will undergo surgery on Wednesday and be out for three to four months.

The two-time All-American said he never considered not playing in the game even though it's typically a season-ending injury for most players.

"One game was about it. I couldn't have played another game," Jones said after Monday night's game, during which he also tore a tendon in his right pinkie finger. Jones played Monday with his left foot heavily wrapped and said pushing off on it was his toughest challenge. "They would have had to physically drag me off the field to keep me from playing in this game, and even then, I don't know if that would have worked," said Jones, who won his third national championship ring with the Crimson Tide.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Username said:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls12/story/_/id/8823901/alabama-crimson-tide-center-barrett-jones-played-bcs-national-championship-injured-foot

Barrett Jones played on injured foot
Updated: January 8, 2013, 4:32 AM ET
By Chris Low | ESPN.com

MIAMI -- Alabama senior center Barrett Jones played Monday night in the Crimson Tide's 42-14 victory over Notre Dame in the Discover BCS National Championship at Sun Life Stadium with torn ligaments in his left foot.

Jones, who suffered the Lisfranc (midfoot) injury in the first quarter of the SEC championship game back on Dec. 1, will undergo surgery on Wednesday and be out for three to four months.

The two-time All-American said he never considered not playing in the game even though it's typically a season-ending injury for most players.

"One game was about it. I couldn't have played another game," Jones said after Monday night's game, during which he also tore a tendon in his right pinkie finger. Jones played Monday with his left foot heavily wrapped and said pushing off on it was his toughest challenge. "They would have had to physically drag me off the field to keep me from playing in this game, and even then, I don't know if that would have worked," said Jones, who won his third national championship ring with the Crimson Tide.

He's a tough guy evidently. I wonder if him shoving his own QB last night during the game hurts his stock any? It will also be interesting to see where the Senior Bowl coaches line him up. At this point, he seems like a jack of all trades on the line but not many are sure what his best postion is.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Kinda looked like McCarren (sp?) was being a little bit of a bitch and screaming at him. Y'know... the kind of shit the PD tools wanna see Sam do. :sly:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
They room together and are best friends. He said they get into it all the time, and made up directly after.

Apparently they were trying to milk the clock and the defense made an adjustment. Jones made a call, and McCarron made something different. I believe McCarron said after the game (jokingly) "some times he thinks he knows the offense better than me."

I heard Jones say the next day in an interview "Well, I had the call right, but that's not what matters." :roll:

I would have no problem getting this kid on the line though. Talk about versatility and talent. Sounds like he's exactly who the Rams need with the injury history.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Hmmmm...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCVWGxNjF_k[/youtube]

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So that RB Joseph Randle for OK State is entering the draft.

1200+ rushing yards in a spread Big 12 conference.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Username said:
Hmmmm...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCVWGxNjF_k[/youtube]

Yeah I'm a big fan of Hopkins. I'm not sure how he handles press coverage but he has outstanding route running, hands, and burst. He'd be a great find in the second round but I doubt he lasts that long.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Angry Ram said:

Some of those Big 12 rb's make me nervous.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Tawk Amongst Yuhselves....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghmet43aVxU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eNvdwo7YDA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI5K-TJElUE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vd8KrpbG3g[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbNvW-2dx1w[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fP2MBZSNKs[/youtube]

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
GreeneCounty said:
Vaccaro would be sweet replacing Dahl.

Fill in the blank

____________________ would be sweet replacing Dahl.....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
dieterbrock said:
GreeneCounty said:

Fill in the blank

This could be fun... My try;

Oprah would be sweet replacing Dahl.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
dieterbrock said:
GreeneCounty said:

Fill in the blank

FXd6v.jpg

A Roomba would be sweet replacing Dahl.

Huskerram

UDFA
I would take Reid over Elam or Vacarro, in that order. Don't like the angles Vacarro or Elam take. Don't like their inability to wrap and tackle. I see bust potential in both. Too much emphasis on head hunting/going for the big hit. Reid looks like a year 2 starter w/ significant playing time in yr 1.
I believe the Rams will go D @ #16, as someone will drop into their lap (Mingo, Jones, Hankins, Richardson, Sam Montgomery) that they cannot pass up. With the Washington pick, I would look for WR or OT, depending on who falls and if they can trade out of the pick. I prefer DeAndre Hopkins or DaRick Rogers @ WR. Take Lane Johnson if he is there with either 1st round picks.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Huskerram said:
I would take Reid over Elam or Vacarro, in that order. Don't like the angles Vacarro or Elam take. Don't like their inability to wrap and tackle. I see bust potential in both. Too much emphasis on head hunting/going for the big hit. Reid looks like a year 2 starter w/ significant playing time in yr 1.
I believe the Rams will go D @ #16, as someone will drop into their lap (Mingo, Jones, Hankins, Richardson, Sam Montgomery) that they cannot pass up. With the Washington pick, I would look for WR or OT, depending on who falls and if they can trade out of the pick. I prefer DeAndre Hopkins or DaRick Rogers @ WR. Take Lane Johnson if he is there with either 1st round picks.

I don't think Reid possess the athleticism either one has. I don't see Elam missing many tackles at all, and imo despite being smaller in size has the best coverage ability of the group.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
GreeneCounty said:
Angry Ram said:

Some of those Big 12 rb's make me nervous.

Like Adrian Peterson, DeMarco Murray, Kendall Hunter? :ww:

I don't mean to toot my own horn...but I've been pretty good at RBs in the NFL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Username said:
Huskerram said:

I don't think Reid possess the athleticism either one has. I don't see Elam missing many tackles at all, and imo despite being smaller in size has the best coverage ability of the group.

Elam has had his issues with missed tackles. He doesn't consistently wrap up. Likes to throw his body or shoulder into players to go for the big hit but it results in missed tackles.

Remember the name DJ Swearinger, he's my #1 ranked safety. Kid is going to be a good one. Hardest hitter in the SEC and can play effectively in the box. But here's the kicker, started at CB for SC this year for a couple of games and spent the entire year as the slot CB(started at S but played the slot in 3 WR sets). Has played both FS and SS in college. Crazy talented. Very rare that you find a safety possessing his strength and physicality that also possesses his athleticism, open-field tackling ability and cover skills. He's a player that can play either safety spot and even CB in a pinch. Although, you will have to worry about some yellow flags and fines in the NFL because as I said, he's a HUGE hitter.

He's rated as a 4th rounder by some places but I think the chances that he falls past the mid 2nd to early 3rd range is slim to none. Far too talented.

RamsLife

UDFA
This is the 1st time in a while I barley know 10 guys names leading up to the Draft, lol. I'm much more excited about FA then I am the Draft.

If we could nab Bowe, Wallace, or Jennings, I would be a very happy man.

Memphis Ram

Legend
IMO, Georgia's Bacarri Rambo is the best safety in this entire draft class. There are some bigger, faster, and stronger, but this kid just makes plays. And far more than the others.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Okay, I guess it's time to revamp my mock draft, since my last one is so old. (Note: I will not be predicting trades, as they are impossible to predict.):

#16 overall - Keenan Allen / WR (California) - I honestly wanted to put Da'Rick Rogers in this mock somewhere...but he shouldn't be anywhere near the sixteenth overall pick with his character issues (even though he's clearly a first round talent), and there's no way I was going to bump up the next guy on my list to sixteen just to put Rogers at twenty-two. It's completely unrealistic, and the thing I pride myself on when it comes to mock drafts is realism. But that doesn't mean that Allen is a guy I wouldn't want. Far from it; I'd be very happy with this selection if it happened.

Allen has solid route-running abilities to go along with speed, hands, and decent size (6'2"). He's literally the perfect wideout for what we're trying to do, and he still has a lot of untapped potential. It's not often that Allen can't get separation, and his numbers were hurt by his poor quarterback. Imagine what he could do with an accurate passer like Bradford. Imagine what he could do for Bradford.

#22 overall - Kyle Long / OT (Oregon). This pick is shocking, I must admit. It completely goes against the grain. But it makes sense for a variety of reasons. I feel that Long's stock is going to shoot through the roof. I get that Fisher doesn't usually take offensive linemen in the first round, but he has to know that it's a major priority, especially since we may have three new starters on the line. I'm fine with letting some of our inside prospects like Watkins get a shot, and Barksdale could move to left guard, but would you be fine with letting Richardson or Hunter have another crack at the right tackle slot? I wouldn't. Plus he has the bloodlines. Long would immediately start as a right tackle, and he has the potential to be one of the best right tackles in the business.

#46 overall - David Amerson / FS (North Carolina State). Amerson is a prospect that I'm really starting to love. He won't be able to stick at cornerback, and he had a terrible year last year, but as a free safety, he'd be great for our defense. Amerson had thirteen interceptions as a sophomore. Thirteen. Think about that for a second. He'll need to bulk up and gain more strength to move to safety, but he has the frame to do it (6'3"). All in all, he'd be a key piece for our defensive unit and would immediately start at free safety and replace Dahl.

#78 overall - J.J. Wilcox / SS (Georgia Southern). Wilcox has been making waves at the Senior Bowl. He's a hard hitter who has the ability to cover when asked. But the reason I made this pick was because the Rams' last draft had no fewer than four prospects who participated at either the Senior Bowl or the East/West Shrine Game (Jenkins, Quick, Pead, and Watkins). Fisher and Snead put a lot of stock into those games, more so than the Combine (remember that Brockers struggled mightily there). In fact, Pead and Quick were the stars of the show at the last Senior Bowl. Wilcox could be next. Even if we keep Stewart or Mikell, it wouldn't hurt to have a guy behind them.

#110 overall - Jelani Jenkins / OLB (Florida). Jenkins is oozing with untapped potential, which is something else that Snead and Fisher value highly. He struggled with injuries last year, but when he played, he flashed the ability that made him so highly touted. Jenkins is a true sideline-to-sideline defender who has tremendous instincts. He has the pure athleticism to cover running backs and tight ends, and he's done nothing but make splash plays ever since he came to Florida. He'd be the backup to Dunbar at first, but he will eventually start at the weakside.

#142 overall - Brandon Williams / DT (Missouri Southern). Another guy who impressed at the Senior Bowl, Williams is a monster of a man with surprising athleticism for a guy his size (6'2", 340). Let's face it; we have no depth after Brockers, Langford, and Cudjo. That just won't cut it in today's NFL. Williams has the size that we desperately need, and he has the potential to get even better. He'd be a great component for a four-man rotation at defensive tackle.

#174 overall - Knile Davis / RB (Arkansas). Davis has injury concerns, true, but when he's healthy, he's one of the most dangerous running backs in college football. He's just too talented to be a seventh rounder or go undrafted. He runs with a balanced mix of power and speed, and he's also an able pass-catcher and blocker who is still learning. Davis is also the team captain, and didn't complain once when he lost touches to the current starter. He may not be able to carry the full load, but he wouldn't have to with Pead and Richardson sharing carries with him. He'd even have time to fully rehab his injuries if we keep Jackson.

#206 overall - Uona Kaveinga / OLB (BYU). Once a highly recruited linebacker for USC, Kaveinga is currently the inside linebacker for BYU after a transfer. He has the speed to play the outside as a SAM linebacker (he's 6'0", 245 lbs), but his real ability is defending against the run. Kaveinga is a ferocious hitter with great instincts who flies to the football. He's not nearly as talented as his college teammate, Van Noy, but he's still a very good prospect in his own right. Kaveinga would be a great special teams player at the very least. I wouldn't be surprised to see his name pop up on draft day.