2013 NFL Draft/Prospect Discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFanNick89 said:
Hey guys,

new to the forum. Just wanted to ask a couple of things.

First, is anyone besides me down on the idea of drafting Patterson in the first round? I'm all for a receiver but idk...Much rather have Allen.

I also really like Vaccaro and wouldn't mind seeing the 16th pick used on him, especially if the top guys like Warmack and them are gone. Thoughts?
Lotta discussion about that 16th pick on this forum, and a lot of discussion about Patterson too.
I'm gonna have to wait and see how the rest of FA shakes out before I commit to a certain player at 16.
If Amendola and Jackson are gone, there suddenly becomes new options.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
X said:
RamFanNick89 said:
Hey guys,

First, is anyone besides me down on the idea of drafting Patterson in the first round? I'm all for a receiver but idk...Much rather have Allen.

I also really like Vaccaro and wouldn't mind seeing the 16th pick used on him, especially if the top guys like Warmack and them are gone. Thoughts?
Lotta discussion about that 16th pick on this forum, and a lot of discussion about Patterson too.
I'm gonna have to wait and see how the rest of FA shakes out before I commit to a certain player at 16.
If Amendola and Jackson are gone, there suddenly becomes new options.

With Welker gone to Denver, we can kiss Amendola goodbye. the Pats will make a major play for him now. Got a strong feeling either 16 or 22 will be used on a WR. Do u get the feeling that the plains to fill the "skilled" positions with speed and youth and solidify the trenches with gritty vets?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
RamFanNick89 said:
Hey guys,

I agree vaccaro 16 but i am going to be waaaay different and say we should look at Steadman Bailey at 22 kids got soft hands and a radar for the ball check out his last years stats <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/84145/stedman-bailey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/p ... man-bailey</a> and youtube some highlights just my thoughts

And after watching fisher as a titans fan for so long i can tell you if vaccaro is there fish will take him 16 over a wr

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[tweet]312255772803346432[/tweet]

bluesjoc

Long time poster,First time reader
Name
Jeff
The Longs left St Louis without signing a contract? Anybody have any info on this? :cry:
I am not all that convinced Tavon Austin would be a good pick either. Tavon was great in the Big East, but just above average in the Big XII.

bluecoconuts

Legend
bluesjoc said:
The Longs left St Louis without signing a contract? Anybody have any info on this? :cry: .

Haven't really said anything. Essentially this it the timeline I've gathered.

Day 1:
Free agency started, Long agreed to fly to St Louis for a physical and to talk/sign a contract, things looked like he was favoring St Louis.

Day 2:
Jake and his wife came to St Louis and took a very long/extensive physical to make sure he was cleared to play. Everything checked out. Afterwards they all went out to dinner (Long family, Long Agent, Rams staff), things looked pretty good for him to sign in St Louis. Wife tweets how they enjoyed dinner and the tour but they weren't selling their house in Miami quite yet.

Day 3:
Contract numbers got exchanged all through the day, Longs agent and Demoff went to dinner, and another offer was given to the Jake Long camp things still looking pretty good that he'll sign in St Louis. Wife tweets about how they have decisions to make and they don't know what they want to do yet, etc etc.

Day 4:
Jake Long leaves St Louis without a contract. Word is that Miami is making a strong push for him, wife tweets a picture comparing weather between Miami and St Louis, Miami O-Line starts twitter thing about keeping Jake Long with the team, chances are he'll stay with Miami. Why he flipped is anyone's guess. Either the Rams low-balled him (but given that Miami players are trying to woo him, numbers are probably very close), his wife told him to stay in Miami, or he was using the Rams to get more money from the Dolphins. Of course he could pick the Rams in the long run, but I wouldn't put money on it

And that's where we are now.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ok, Jake Long is in the fold. Reset your prognostications and give me your 1st round picks!

16. WR Tavon Austin

22. OLB Alec Olgetree or S Jonathan Cyprien

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ramhusker said:
Ok, Jake Long is in the fold. Reset your prognostications and give me your 1st round picks!

16. WR Tavon Austin

I'm going with this; except if Austin is gone Patterson or Warmack, and I could see a Keenan Allen and Cyprien combo.

I'm bagging Cyprien as 22 right now.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Ramhusker said:

16. WR Tavon Austin

I like Austin at 16, he's a playmaker. (However I'm my doubts of him being there at 16 are growing.) If not Austin than Warmack has my vote and then Cooper/Vaccario.

I just want BPA at 22. If that's Ogletree than so be it.

nighttrain

Legend
Seems to me our biggest wants/needs are WR, OLB, & Safey in no particular order, so when we draft, BPA at one of these should be there with all our top three picks, and probably right on through the draft..While i have my preferences, i will be happy with whatever Fisher & Snead come up with.. After their first draft together and it's results, I think they've earned the trust of all of us in Rams Natiion..
train

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
DR RAM's 5 Favorite Future NFL Stars

OK. There are a few players that I think are really special in this draft, but almost all of them have at least one issue. Listed below are my top 5. Not the top 5 drafted, but the top 5 that I think will be future NFL stars.

#1 Eric Fisher. With no issues that I can see is. I Love him, love the level of nastiness he plays with, which is why I have him rated over Luke Joekel. To me, he's the safest pick in the draft. I'll let my prior track record on rating OL'men stand by itself.

#2 Cordarrelle Patterson Some don't see it, or disagree, but watching tape of him blows my mind. Everyone knows his elusiveness, and some dismiss it by deducting that he will be unable to do what he does in the NFL. I think the thing that is missed the most is that he is a very strong kid, and he will lower the boom and run people over if he has to. He's a little raw, so what. You will get immediate return by lining him up in the backfield, and on special teams.

#3 Lane Johnson. Just an absolute freak athlete, will probably end up being the best of everyone in this draft over the course of their careers. He's ready to play now, and can play both tackle spots.

#4 Tavon Austin. Maybe the most explosive player that I have ever seen on tape. The question is: Will he be the exception or the rule? None of us know, but if he's the exception, watch out.

#5 Dion Jordan. The first second that I saw him, I thought Aldon Smith, who was in my top 5 a few years ago. Dion is a little light, needs to gain and get stronger, but I think he'll be able to do that, the question is when. He will have to wait on his surgically repaired shoulder to really bulk up. I think he will be very good to great, but it might take a couple years to get there.

Players that just missed the list: Luke Joekel (consistent, polished, athletic); Jonathan Cooper (feet, strength, explosiveness); Ezekiel Ansah (athlete, high motor, instincts); Jarvis Jones (reminds me of a stronger Von Miller); Jonathan Cyprien (tough, strong, instincts); Chance Warmack (powerful, football IQ, feet, use of hands). I could probably list another 5 - 7 players, but I won't. I probably missed a couple that I would have liked to add.

I haven't watched enough of Shariff Floyd to make an assessment, but he would probably make my list based on highlights that I have watched.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was just thinking yesterday. Could you imagine our line if we DID draft Shariff? Who would want to see him, Brockers, Long, and Quinn facing them?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
I was just thinking yesterday. Could you imagine our line if we DID draft Shariff? Who would want to see him, Brockers, Long, and Quinn facing them?
I'd be down for drafting him if he slipped, or Kawann Short in the 2nd. I'd love our line being that good.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Here's a sleeper power back that might fit if the Rams don't think Ganaway is better. He's probably a late round pick. I've seen him play a few whole games, and I like how he finishes runs. The name: Cameron Marshall. 5' 10" 215 lbs. Ran a 4.5 and at his pro day. 22 reps bench. Did a 7.06 in the 3 cone, and has a 36 1/2" vert. Anyone else see him play?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvzXqRVh6Ys[/youtube]

A55VA6

Legend
The more tape on Safeties I watch, the more I like Matt Elam. I'd probably put him as my #1 rated safety and vacarro at #2.

duckhunter

Starter
Below is a ton of info on the pro day results. Of interest Jarvis Jones is probably dropping and Jesse Williams improving. Lots of surprises.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gbnreport.com/prodayupdates.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gbnreport.com/prodayupdates.html</a>

About all we have left is individual workouts due to injury or other extraordinary circumstances.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Latest WalterFootball mock draft 3/26
http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php
St. Louis Rams: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas

The Rams have absolutely nothing at safety. Both Craig Dahl and Quintin Mikell are gone, leaving just Rodney McLeon and Darian Stewart at the position. Neither played very much in 2012.

Kenny Vaccaro is obviously in play at this spot. He's one of the better prospects remaining on the board, and he undoubtedly fills a huge need for the Rams.

*** OTHER 2013 NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES: ***

1. Tavon Austin, WR - I'll be shocked if Tavon Austin makes it past No. 16. A replacement for Danny Amendola is needed.

2. Jonathan Cooper, G/C - St. Louis signed Jake Long, but an interior lineman is still needed.

St. Louis Rams: D.J. Fluker, OT/G, Alabama

The Rams desperately need to upgrade their offensive front prior to signing Jake Long. Jeff Fisher said it as much - he defended Sam Bradford recently by saying the blocking needs to get better up front. I expected St. Louis to make multiple upgrades to the offensive line heading into free agency. Long was one, but interior help is still needed.

D.J. Fluker could play guard for St. Louis initially. He may eventually be moved to right tackle. There have been rumors that the Rams will attempt to trade Rodger Saffold. Those will obviously strengthen if Fluker is added.

St. Louis Rams: Kawann Short, DT, Purdue

With tons of picks and not too many needs, the Rams can go with the best player available. That could be Kawann Short, who would address the lack of depth the team has at defensive tackle. Starter Kendall Langford, who disappointed a bit last year, is due $16 million over the next three years, so he may not be around much longer.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Getting to know Eddie Lacy

ProFootballTalk: Alabama is also known for producing standout running backs, and Eddie Lacy is the latest to emerge, with hopes he follows in the footsteps of Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/51355541#51355541" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 1#51355541</a>

[pft]51355541[/pft]

pepperfoot

UDFA
i read they are looking into Marcus Lattimore for the RB position - loosing SJ is the worst thing that could happen in my opinion.
i love the rams. bradford is a great QB but they need a replacment for SJ fast - and some good WR too :)

A55VA6

Legend
pepperfoot said:
i read they are looking into Marcus Lattimore for the RB position - loosing SJ is the worst thing that could happen in my opinion.
i love the rams. bradford is a great QB but they need a replacment for SJ fast - and some good WR too :)

I love Steven, no disrespect to him... but I feel we might actually be better without him. Callme crazy, but I believe it.