2012 AP All-Pro team: Rams shutout again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Man, what does a player in a Rams jersey have to do? Just like the NFL Pro Bowl, the St. Louis Rams were completely shutout of the voting for this year's AP All-Pro team. Not a single Rams player received a vote, not one.

I can understand the lack of a starter or a top vote getter for the Rams, but not a single vote?

On the offensive side of the ball, there weren't really any candidates from the Rams roster. Danny Amendola might have had a case had injuries not derailed his season, knocking him off his 1,000-yard pace. Steven Jackson, selected as the team's MVP, pulled off an impressive feat with his eighth consecutive 1,000-yard rushing season, but his performance wasn't exactly All-Pro worthy this year.

Where I have a problem with the voting is on defense. Chris Long didn't get a single vote. Jared Allen, Charles Johnson, John Abraham all got votes. Long belonged in the conversion with those guys. Ditto Robert Quinn. Nothing at cornerback either.

Oh well. It's not the end of the world. The Rams success this season hinged on the sum of the team's parts. The defensive line worked so well because the entire group, rotational guys and all, contributed. It's also a reminder of how well the Rams filled in for injured players, finding quality depth and extracting the best those guys had to offer.

Still, it's hard to be too upset at the voting results ... at least it's not the Baseball Hall of Fame. I don't expect the Rams to suffer from anonymity next year.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/1/12/ ... l-pro-team

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Popularity contests. "AP All-Pro" and the Pro Bowl. :neh:

When this team wins 11 games next year, there will be PLENTY of votes.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Popularity contests. "AP All-Pro" and the Pro Bowl. :neh:

When this team wins 11 games next year, there will be PLENTY of votes.

I felt Long has got screwed 2 years in a row.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He ain't worried.

i

"It's All Good."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I agree w/GC... we should have gotten some votes, you'd think.

But, yeah, we are still a team off the radar until we start playing in the post season again.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:

But, yeah, we are still a team off the radar until we start playing in the post season again.

True true but man they let 5 Chiefs on it. No respect,lol.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
GreeneCounty said:
CGI_Ram said:

True true but man they let 5 Chiefs on it. No respect,lol.

Yeah, that sort of kills my argument.

:lmao: