2010 Draft relived and Justification For Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
1St. Louis Rams Sam Bradford QBOklahoma
2Detroit Lions Ndamukong Suh DTNebraska
3Tampa Bay Buccaneers Gerald McCoy DTOklahoma
4Washington Redskins Trent Williams TOklahoma
5Kansas City Chiefs Eric Berry SSTennessee
6Seattle Seahawks Russell Okung TOklahoma State
7Cleveland Browns Joe Haden CBFlorida
8Oakland Raiders Rolando McClain MLBAlabama
9Buffalo Bills C.J. Spiller RBClemson
10Jacksonville Jaguars Tyson Alualu DTCalifornia
11San Francisco 49ers Anthony Davis TRutgers
12San Diego Chargers Ryan Mathews RBFresno State
13Philadelphia Eagles Brandon Graham DEMichigan
14Seattle Seahawks Earl Thomas FSTexas
15New York Giants Jason Pierre-Paul DESouth Florida
16Tennessee Titans Derrick Morgan DEGeorgia Tech
17San Francisco 49ers Mike Iupati GIdaho
18Pittsburgh Steelers Maurkice Pouncey CFlorida
19Atlanta Falcons Sean Weatherspoon OLBMissouri
20Houston Texans Kareem Jackson CBAlabama
21Cincinnati Bengals Jermaine Gresham TEOklahoma
22Denver Broncos Demaryius Thomas WRGeorgia Tech
23Green Bay Packers Bryan Bulaga TIowa
24Dallas Cowboys Dez Bryant WROklahoma State
25Denver Broncos Tim Tebow QBFlorida
26Arizona Cardinals Dan Williams DTTennessee
27New England Patriots Devin McCourty CBRutgers
28Miami Dolphins Jared Odrick DEPenn State
29New York Jets Kyle Wilson CBBoise State
30Detroit Lions Jahvid Best RBCalifornia
31Indianapolis Colts Jerry Hughes DETexas Christian
32New Orleans Saints Patrick Robinson CB Florida S

Arguably at best, we needed a QB. here were our choices.
IMO the draft was not that strong at the top

All 2010 QB's
RD SEL #PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL TEAM
1 1Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma St. Louis Rams
1 25Tim Tebow QB Florida Denver Broncos
2 48Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame Carolina Panthers
3 85Colt McCoy QB Texas Cleveland Browns
4 122Mike Kafka QB Northwestern Philadelphia Eagles
5 155John Skelton QB Fordham Arizona Cardinals
5 168Jonathan Crompton QB Tennessee San Diego Chargers
6 176Rusty Smith QB Florida Atlantic Tennessee Titans
6 181Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan Chicago Bears
6 199Joe Webb QB Alabama-Birmingham Minnesota Vikings
6 204Tony Pike QB Cincinnati Carolina Panthers
7 209Levi Brown QB Troy Buffalo Bills
7 239Sean Canfield QB Oregon State New Orleans Saints
7 250Zac Robinson QB Oklahoma State New England Patriots

Last edited:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
And FWIW it being the last draft where the rookie scale wasn't in effect ,no-one was gonna give us shizzle for the pick ,forgetting money we got the guy I'd take knowing what I know now,he's probably got close to as many starts as that whole list combined even with his injuries

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
And I wanted to take Suh and get McCoy later in the draft....
Glad I got my head straight before the draft! lol Sam has done good with what he's had to work with.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
That was one lllllooooaaadddded first round! I can't remember a draft with so few busts at the top.

Sam will be recognized for his rightful place at the top by the end of this year.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wow, that was a hell of a first round! A lot of talented players there....

FRO

Legend
I'm a huge Bradford guy, and I'm happy he is our QB. With knowing how everything has played out I take the Browns or Redskin's offer to move up. No QB could have had success with our roster from 2010-2012. None. We were so talent deficient. We had holes all over our team. At the time I was fully on board with picking Bradford at 1. We had just picked Jason Smith at 2 the year before and he was supposed to be our stud LT of the future. We signed Jacob Bell the year before to the biggest OG contract in the NFL. We just signed Jason Brown to a big contract to play C. Then we picked Saffold in the second. Our line appeared to have great potential. We had a core of young linemen to build with. We didn't have much of anything at WR. The hope was Donnie Avery would realize the potential he flashed as a rookie.

But with the benefit of hindsight we saw Bell, Brown, and Smith all bust and fail miserably. We saw Avery get hurt. It took until 2013 to get an average a best support group around Bradford. 2014 looks to be leaps and bounds the best group he has around him from day one.

So in summary, knowing what I know now I pass on Bradford and try to build up the team. With that being said the Devany/Spags brain trust would have blown the picks most likely.

Memphis Ram

Legend
LOL. I remember arguing with folks calling for the Rams to select Clausen, LeFevour, Pike, and one poster that was all but certain Canfield would be the steal of that draft class at the position.

Then again, I really thought that Michigan DE Brandon Graham would be much better than what he has shown.:whistle:

Irish

Starter
I remember wanting Suh until Sam's pro day. Bradford changed a lot of minds that day

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sam Bradford since day one. 2nd choice was Gerald McCoy. I never wanted Ndamukong Suh.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have to admit I loved Kong Suh, Thought McCoy was a safe pick and liked Dez Bryant a lot but not without a QB.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
That's a pretty good WR class. And OT class. And DT class (except Alualu).

Imagine if we could have read the future and traded down with the Skins, picking up their 1st in 2011, then taken Trent Williams, then take the rumored Carolina trade (#33 for 2011 1st-rounder). Have Williams at LT for the next decade. Have the #1, #14 and #16 picks in 2011. Take JJ Watt, Robert Quinn and Jimmy Smith. Be evil.

That would be a waste of time travel, but boy would it be fun.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I remember wanting Suh until Sam's pro day. Bradford changed a lot of minds that day
i like watching these videos now..
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d8173697b

even shown him talking to spags.
i'm a diehard texas longhorns fan so i had a bit of mixed feelings about the possibility of us drafting him.
after paying attention to him during the draft process, i felt pretty good about the pick.
my best friend, a huge OU fan, gave me a lot of hell for being happy with the pick when Colt McCoy was in the same draft.
...screw him. :notworthy:

AZRamsFan93

And I wanted to take Suh and get McCoy later in the draft....
Glad I got my head straight before the draft! lol Sam has done good with what he's had to work with.
To be fair, Suh has been a REALLY good player. A knucklehead for sure, but on the field the man is a beast.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
To be fair, Suh has been a REALLY good player. A knucklehead for sure, but on the field the man is a beast.
True but then we would of been stuck with McCoy -_- lol
Not that great of a combo! Rather had waited for some Brockers/Bradford combo

RFIP

I'm a huge Bradford guy, and I'm happy he is our QB. With knowing how everything has played out I take the Browns or Redskin's offer to move up. No QB could have had success with our roster from 2010-2012. None. We were so talent deficient. We had holes all over our team. At the time I was fully on board with picking Bradford at 1. We had just picked Jason Smith at 2 the year before and he was supposed to be our stud LT of the future. We signed Jacob Bell the year before to the biggest OG contract in the NFL. We just signed Jason Brown to a big contract to play C. Then we picked Saffold in the second. Our line appeared to have great potential. We had a core of young linemen to build with. We didn't have much of anything at WR. The hope was Donnie Avery would realize the potential he flashed as a rookie.

But with the benefit of hindsight we saw Bell, Brown, and Smith all bust and fail miserably. We saw Avery get hurt. It took until 2013 to get an average a best support group around Bradford. 2014 looks to be leaps and bounds the best group he has around him from day one.

So in summary, knowing what I know now I pass on Bradford and try to build up the team. With that being said the Devany/Spags brain trust would have blown the picks most likely.

Seriously?

Knowing what I know now I would do NOTHING different.

We got our QB AND we got a boat load of highly talented players because of the foolishness of Dan Snyder.

AZRamsFan93

Seriously?

We got our QB AND we got a boat load of highly talented players because of the foolishness of Dan Snyder.
I admire your unbridled optimism. I will reserve my opinions on this until I see proof on the field.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was for Bradford all the way. Even if he totally busted it was the right pick. He was the best QB in the draft, a legit top 5 prospect and the Rams badly needed a good QB. No brainer.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Seriously?

That's a great point. Without taking Bradford, any of these other guys would have proved to be a bust and we would be shopping for another QB. Sure, we may have gotten RG3 if you think he is a good QB but the Bradford pick allowed the Redskins trade that propelled us into a decent team again.