2006 NFL Draft...My God...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was so bad. Thinking of the trade with Denver, where they got Cutler and we got Tye Hii, was only the beginning.
15. Tye Hill
46. Joe Klopfenstein
68. Claude Wroten
77. Jon Alston
93. Dominique Byrd
113. Victor Adeyanju
144. Marques Hagan
221. Tim McGarigle
242. Mark Setterstrom
243. Tony Palmer

5 draft busts in the Top 100 players,0-5. It's almost like you have to try to fail with results like that.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It was so bad. Thinking of the trade with Denver, where they got Cutler and we got Tye Hii, was only the beginning.
15. Tye Hill
46. Joe Klopfenstein
68. Claude Wroten
77. Jon Alston
93. Dominique Byrd
113. Victor Adeyanju
144. Marques Hagan
221. Tim McGarigle
242. Mark Setterstrom
243. Tony Palmer

5 draft busts in the Top 100 players,0-5. It's almost like you have to try to fail with results like that.
Setterstrom was the only one of the bunch I really liked, and he couldn't stay healthy in the least. Alston was undersized, but alright in reserve, same with Adeyanju, but man, ... Hill, Klop, Wroten & Byrd, what a mess. (n)

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Depressing ....

stormtrooper_sad.PNG

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Milquetoast Linehan...I'll post again and again and again, Couldn't Motivate a Marine at a Brothel.
linehanpic30_09-30-2008_3TEC0IM.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
15. Tye Hill
46. Joe Klopfenstein
68. Claude Wroten
77. Jon Alston
93. Dominique Byrd
113. Victor Adeyanju
144. Marques Hagan
221. Tim McGarigle
242. Mark Setterstrom
243. Tony Palmer

We have the Great HC Scott Linehan to thank for this^!!:fuelfire::puke:

RocknRam29

Live, Love, Laugh, & Learn
RamsDraftClass2006.jpg

L-R: J Klopfenstein, M Setterstrom, C Wrotten, T McGarigle, M Hagan, T Hill, J Alston, T Palmer, D Byrd, V Adeyanju :eek: :shocking:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Loyal, I have no idea what motivated you to make this thread. I had to drink two beers and walk around the block just to keep from hitting the "inappropriate button.:rant:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

oh man, ngata was just sitting there for the rams to take him and they trade back to take a smurf cb. dullards.

then next season revis is sitting there and they take carriker. the 06 draft came back to screw them again.

talk about clueless. not sure one single person was happy that the rams took hill in 06. except maybe torry holt who talked him up on tv when the pick was made.

IN_RAM

UDFA
15. Tye Hill
46. Joe Klopfenstein
68. Claude Wroten
77. Jon Alston
93. Dominique Byrd
113. Victor Adeyanju
144. Marques Hagan
221. Tim McGarigle
242. Mark Setterstrom
243. Tony Palmer

Yeah, I always go back and look at our bad drafts and think, what if we just took the next guy taken at the same position, what could we have had...

2006 could have been 4 very good players, 3 of them with multiple Pro Bowls, sprinkled in with the JAGs:
***CB Antonio Cromartie - 10 year career, 4x Pro Bowler
***TE Anthony Fasano - Still playing, 11 years later
DT Dusty Dvoracek - Injury plagued, but did more than Wroten
LB Clint Ingram - Also J.A.G.
***TE Owen Daniels - 10 year career, 2x Pro Bowler
***DE Elvis Dumervil - Recently released, 11 year career, 5x Pro Bowler
WR Jeremy Bloom - Also J.A.G.
LB Spencer Toone - Also J.A.G.
G Tony Palmer - Still J.A.G., ran out of Guards so kept him here.
G Aaron Merz - Also J.A.G.

Sigh... Arguably worse than the same comparison for 2001, which has always depressed me.

TexasRam

Legend
Setterstrom was playing at a very high level until the injuries. Dude was an excellent run blocker. Probably had some Pro Bowls in his future. But alas, the rams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a great example of why I don't believe NFL decision-makers deserve an absolute benefit of the doubt. Access to information is great, but at the end of the day, football is still football.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
This is a great example of why I don't believe NFL decision-makers deserve an absolute benefit of the doubt. Access to information is great, but at the end of the day, football is still football.

If my memory serves me right, Linehan didn't have any in-house scouting, and just got scouting reports from an outside agency. Not sure what the thinking process was there.

Dude is as hell of an offensive coordinator, but couldn't be a leader for shit.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I have to admit, I wasn't that upset at the Tye Hill pick when it happened. I knew quite a bit about him before the draft (Good speed, decent cover skills, couldn't catch) and knew he was in play mid-first round, but I really wanted Cutler. Then the draft got ugly. There was just no upside to the guys being picked. Klop was an un-athletic receiving TE with bad hands. Wroten, the third round talent with UDFA baggage. Alston was a special teams player who didn't really want to play football. What a mess.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

It's amazing that most of the "armchair" QB's on this site could of come up with a better draft then the staff of the Rams at the time.
I would of paid you bro to run the draft over those yahoo's.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt if they have a scouting department. Ridiculously, this team did not.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt if they have a scouting department. Ridiculously, this team did not.

It didn't help the Browns for years. You gotta earn a benefit of the doubt.