2004 NFL DRAFT QB Parallels...?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I just had a random video pop up on my youtube feed talking about the QB's of the 2004 NFL drafts first round.

I'm wondering if you guys feel there are parallels between some of these guys.

Goff - Manning
Wentz - Rivers
Lynch - Roethlisberger

There are things that are similar between each of these pairings. But I don't want to go so far as too say that they are the same.

If these 3 young guys can produce like the guys of 2004. . . Give me any one of them.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I see Goff and Wentz as a lot more athletic than the comparisons, lynch to big ben is pretty good due to his mobility and cannon for an arm. I also think Manning and Rivers were a lot more proven, they played for big schools and put up huge career numbers. Goff and Wentz look like they should be good pros i'm still iffy on lynch because he's very unproven.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
With those comparisons then I'll take Lynch!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd take any of the three. QB is a dice roll even moreso than any other position due to difficulty of projection of the position. Best place to roll the die is round 1, so roll it and keep rolling it every year until they find the answer.

But yeah, sure would be cool if they sit at 15, get Lynch without having to give up picks, and he proceeds to be the best QB from this class. I'm too paranoid to sit at 15 so would move up, but still. If they pull that off I'm gonna be impressed. If they don't, well, I have that bottle of scotch ready.