20 Random Springtime Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. Its Spring… when a young man’s fancy turns to… the NFL draft.

2. I’ll get to that in a moment, but first… I’ve been thinking about sustained success in the current NFL. Its pretty rare. You can, of course, point to the Patriots and, more recently, the Chiefs. What are the keys to achieving this? There are three things I think are at the top of the list.

3. First – an elite head coach. I believe we have that in Sean McVay (for how long, who knows?).

4. Second – a franchise QB. I believe we have that in Matthew Stafford (again, for how long?).

5. Third – enough draft success to be able to absorb the turnover that the salary cap imposes. This year’s draft will go a long way toward determining whether the Rams meet this criteria.

6. While we lack a first round pick, we have a nice array of picks. We should be able to add some quality starters and role players who will solidify the roster over the next 3-4 years.

7. My current projection for Pick No. 36 is Adetomiwa Adebawore, the athletically gifted DE/EDGE from Northwestern. Unfortunately, I’ve become less and less confident he’ll make it to Friday.

8. Staying with the pass rusher need, my alternates would be Felix Anudike-Uzoma (Kansas State), B.J. Ojulari (LSU) or Isaiah Foskey (Notre Dame).

9. One guy who I keep coming back to as a possible target, though, is Cody Mauch, the OL from North Dakota State. Look up his picture. He looks like the was cloned from Jack Lambert and an extra from the movie, Braveheart. He’s a nasty player who could be a long-term answer at LT.

10. Once the draft is done, I’m expecting some one year FA rentals. There are still some guys out there would could contribute.

11. I’m also still, on some level, hoping we find a way to fit OBJ into our plans. I’m all for a “trade” that results in OBJ in/Allen Robinson out (two transactions, of course).

12. Back on the issue of sustained success… the 3 of the Top 4 “dead cap” burdens are held by the last three NFC Champions (1. Bucs, 2. Eagles, 3. Rams). While its not an automatic side effect of building a contender, its not an uncommon one.

13. In the Rams’ case, its actually pretty remarkable that the Rams have had the success they have had despite (1) Gurley’s demise, and (2) the financial hit from trading Goff.

14. I read somewhere that the over/under for wins this year is 7.5. I’d take the over on that one without hesitation.

15. I’m intrigued by the prospect of taking a backup QB on Day 3 of the draft. Jaren Hall (BYU) seems like a guy who, though not a future starter, could be a safe option as a No. 2.
16. Could the Rams draft a PK and a P?

17. The Rams WILL take a RB before the end of the 5th round. It’s a deep class, so I’m excited to see who they pick.

18. I still like the way this organization is approaching things. You have to design a team with fear and ignorance.

19. No, AvengerRam, you hayseed! Its fear and ARROGANCE, not IGNORANCE!

20. I know… I just like it when you get all riled up.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No ... NO ... NO!!!

Stafford's right arm fell-off last Spring. It's currently being held together with duct tape and baling wire.

Don't you guys listen to the National NFL Media ... and some posters on this Forum. Pay Attention!!!
It's been improved!

LmpwZw

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah…and RotoWorld said he had a “brain injury” last season. Technically correct, I suppose (for any of the dozens of players who had concussions), but a bit dramatic.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
21. Happy Falcons Day! A reminder to be thankful to have Shanny in our Division.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
22. Be prepared for some outrageous April Fools Day announcements.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yeah…and RotoWorld said he had a “brain injury” last season. Technically correct, I suppose (for any of the dozens of players who had concussions), but a bit dramatic.
Hey brain injuries are nothing to joke about and can happen in a variety of ways. For instance, Mike Florio and Mike Lombardi both sprained their ass once. Just goes to show you.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
11. I’m also still, on some level, hoping we find a way to fit OBJ into our plans. I’m all for a “trade” that results in OBJ in/Allen Robinson out (two transactions, of course).

Man, that would be HUGE. I’d love OBJ back.

17. The Rams WILL take a RB before the end of the 5th round. It’s a deep class, so I’m excited to see who they pick.

If Gibbs is available at our pick 36 I am running up to make that pick.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No ... NO ... NO!!!

Stafford's right arm fell-off last Spring. It's currently being held together with duct tape and baling wire.

Don't you guys listen to the National NFL Media ... and some posters on this Forum. Pay Attention!!!
I thought he was going to stand on his left hand and throw with his feet......I'm fuckin disappointed in this shitty news!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Sigh. We all know he did not.

He had a spinal injury (bruised spinal cord iirc) which IS included in neurotrauma, but as neuro as a term is inclusive of the brain and spinal cord, he had neurotrauma, but not a brain injury.

This is why spinal injuries are included in the concussion protocol as the concussion protocol surprisingly and rightly includes of all neurotrauma and not just brain injury (which is why the “its just a back injury” excuse for Tua was such outrageous bullshit)

But not surprised that sports media reportage is as sloppy as ever. It's unfortunate, but not surprising

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Man, that would be HUGE. I’d love OBJ back.

If Gibbs is available at our pick 36 I am running up to make that pick.

I also love the idea of Gibbs in this offense... but I also love the idea of that freak Adetomiwa Adebawore opposite Hoecht.

I dunno. As long as they don't trade down, I think they can get an absolute stud at 36. My worry is that McSnead will trade down into the 50s and we’ll get multiple jags instead. We need those, too, but I don't want to miss out on a stud

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And it seems every year some of ROD's members are taken in by at least one crazy B.S. story.
Suckers.

Trying to remember if I've ever fell for one of those hrm.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AvengerRam said:

AR thinks, "Jamyre Gibbs at #36 quaiifies....."

dang

Legend
I’m consumed with rebuilding the OL. I wonder if the Rams have learned anything from what happened in 2022. Losing Whit was huge. Not retaining Corbett was a mistake. Injuries were unprecedented. For example Edwards in particular has been healthy up until 2022. But the big miss IMO was relying on OL men that are not likely capable of surviving the rigors of a full NFL season. Note/Allen/Anchrum may be good depth but are probably not durable enough. It’s early but perhaps Bruss and Ajax are in the same boat. On the opposite end, when Whit was hurt he came back relatively quick and strong. I sure hope they use the “best ability is availability” philosophy going forward.

Tano

Legend
Putting this here even though somebody will make a thread about this comment soon anyways :D

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1640726817987514370

Feels good man

I am happy to hear this since I was really worried about reports from doctors and news reports that his neck injury appears to be serious.

I really hope this is true.

However, I have heard coachspeak before and ....

Roberts always says injuries are less severe than what they really are.

Oh he should be back by July during his Spring Training Injury Reports and you never see the guy pitch again in one to two years.

I really really want to believe McVay though.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Stupidest day of the year!!
One can only hope that ROD members will be intelligent enough to refrain from childish posts on this forum come Saturday. :eyeroll: