20 Random Forget the Taint, we Beat the Saints, Thoughts!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. HUGE WIN!!!!!

2. So many great performances. I'll start with Puka Nacua, my Offensive MVP for the week. 9 receptions, 164 yards, 2 carries for 16 yards, 1 TD. He's a beast, and a joy to watch. His 1,327 yards as a rookie ranks 5th all time. He needs 147 yards to break the all-time rookie record!

3. Matthew Stafford continues to roll with 328 yards passing, 2 TDs and no INTs. This is the best stretch we've seen from him since the Super Bowl run...

4. ...thanks, in large part, to Kyren "the Catalyst" Williams. His vision and jump cut ability continues to amaze, and I loved the TD celebration with Mom!

5. Set your DVRs for Round 5 of the draft in 2024. You don't want to miss the Rams drafting their next Pro Bowl player (yeah, I'm seeing Kyren and Puka making the squad)!

6. The Offensive Line is really doing a great job. Great to have Hav back.

7. On defense, I'm again going with Ernest "Everywhere" Jones as the MVP of the week. 7 tackles, 1 sack, 2 TFL and 2 PD. His interior blitzes have really made a difference in recent week.

8. You have to love the defense's performance on 3 big 4th down stops.

9. The performance was not without its flaws. I'd still like to see a bit more consistency in the Red Zone (man, Stafford really rushed a throw that should have been a TD to Puka), and Lucas Havrisik is still not instilling confidence, as he badly missed a FG under 50 yards.

10. The defense also had some bad moments. The first TD was a bad read by Kyle Fuller (he made up for it later with a key INT), leaving Ahkello isolated on a real burner on the back end. And, come on... a blocked punt?

11. I assign less blame on Cobie Durant getting beat on a long TD. Even long-time Rams Nemesis Richard Sherman acknowledged that the receiver got away with a tug of the jersey on that play.

12 Speaking of Durant, he really leap-frogged the much-maligned, passionately defended, Derion Kendrick. I suspect Kendrick will get another chance, but his demotion is not a shock.

13. As of this moment, Kobie Turner leads all rookies with 6.5 sacks (Byron Young moves to No. 2 with 6). Amazing (and, yes, the latest example of "the Aaron Donald effect").

14. Make no mistake, though... the late comeback, this was a domination. The Rams again outgained their opponent by over 100 yards, and had nearly a 10 minute advantage in time of possession.

15. The Rams have not trailed at any point in the last two games.

16. The run defense is really doing good things lately.

17. Demarcus Robinson had a monster first half.

18. If you were one of the reporters who ran with the "Stafford is having trouble connecting with his young teammates" story... how stupid do you feel now?

19. Some key games to watch this weekend. With a little help, we can get even closer to a playoff birth. Meanwhile, an amazingly healthy Rams team gets a mini-bye before the final games.

20. This has become such an enjoyable group to watch. Young, enthusiastic, hungry and unselfish. I'm proud to be a fan of this Rams team.

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
20 RT footnote...

That was, almost certainly, the last home game at SoFi until next season.

Road Warrior Mode: Engage!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
21 When was the last time the Saints gave up 300 yards to a QB?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
2nd game n a row letting a team get back in the game late. Rams had Aints pinned down, and Bam! blocked punt, easy 2TDs and theyre within one score and a 2 pt converrsion ffor a tie.

That shit should never happen.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
2nd game n a row letting a team get back in the game late. Rams had Aints pinned down, and Bam! blocked punt, easy 2TDs and theyre within one score and a 2 pt converrsion ffor a tie.

That shit should never happen.
Putting on my Mr. Brightside hat, those late rallies could make the “don’t get too confident” message more effective as we approach an inferior Giants team.

TexasRam

Legend
On points 11 and 12 i think you meant Cobie Durant not Turner. But we forgive you. :)

The Puka, Turner, Avila haul is unreal. What Kyren is doing with this Oline and blocking scheme is opening up the whole offense.

Unfortunately, I feel our defense is a DB and Pass rusher short of making a
Super Bowl run. But we are set up perfectly for 2024 and beyond.

The offense has more potential then 2018 or 2021. 3 WRs and a top RB to deal with.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Putting on my Mr. Brightside hat, those late rallies could make the “don’t get too confident” message more effective as we approach an inferior Giants team.
Adding to that, this team is young and learning how to close out games effectively. They’re dominating, but we need to clean up some mistakes that are allowing teams to stay in it. Gotta keep our foot on the gas for a full 60 minutes. I think we’ll get there in the playoffs and steal at least one game (assuming, of course, we get there).

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
On points 11 and 12 i think you meant Cobie Durant not Turner. But we forgive you. :)

The Puka, Turner, Avila haul is unreal. What Kyren is doing with this Oline and blocking scheme is opening up the whole offense.

Unfortunately, I feel our defense is a DB and Pass rusher short of making a
Super Bowl run. But we are set up perfectly for 2024 and beyond.

The offense has more potential then 2018 or 2021. 3 WRs and a top RB to deal with.
Oops!

With the progress on offense, we’ll be in a position to use our resources to really bolster the D this offseason.

JBRam77

UDFA
Only thing which will prevent us from beating the Top Dawgs are lack of pass rush without blitzing, below average secondary and an abysmal Special Teams