20 Random Cleveland Rocked, Socked, and Shellacked Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. Time for people to start taking notice of our Rams!!!!

2. Let's start with my offensive MVP of the week: Matthew Stafford. 279 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs and a 110.1 QB rating is just part of the story. Consider this... going into this game, the Browns were allowing 142.0 passing yards per game, had allowed only 10 TD passes in 11 games, and had a passer rating allowed number of 73.2. Staford put up great numbers against a stellar pass defense.

3. You have to give the offensive line a lot of credit. Stafford felt some pressure (which he handled well), but the Browns finished with 0 sacks and only 2 QB hits.

4. Part of that success was due to some very good play calling. McVay dialed up some great solutions, catching the Browns off guard several times, and utilizing the RBs and WRs to pick up key blocks.

5. Huge honorable mention to Puka "Willis Reed" Nacua! After tearing up the Browns for 105 yards, he came back from a scary fall (guessing his ribs will keep him off the practice field most this week) to throw a great lead block and contribute 34 yards rushing on 2 carries (despite a big run being called back on a holding penalty). First Ram to have 1,000 receiving yards as a rookie. What more can you say about this guy? Steal of the draft (guess you can say that!).

6. Kyren Williams had another excellent game (88 yards rushing, 1 TD, 24 yards receiving). He is such a key part of this offense (making Cam Akers more of an afterthought than FSU at an NCAA Playoff selection meeting).

7. Cooper Kupp is clearly not playing at 100%, but he made two big plays on the key drive that extended the lead to 27-19. I guess, at this point, he's just going to play through his ailments. I pity the team that overlooks him when he's feeling better.

8. Loved the contribution (apart from the holding penalty on Puka's run - a bit ticky-tack and a flop by the defender but, technically, a penalty) from Demarcus Robinson.

9. Moving on to the defense, my MVP of the week is John Johnson III. His interception (and nice return) was a huge play that helped turn a very close game into a blowout win. He's really found a nice role in recent weeks.

10. "Gee... maybe AvengerRam had a point about that first drive defense."

11. The pass rush was, well... not very good today. I think some of it was by design, as the Rams seemed to be using a lot of dime coverage and daring Joe Flacco to beat them. Still, you'd want to see more hits on a guy like that.

12. Flacco had a nice game (and shows why you should never rely on a guy like Brett Rypien to start a game), but I felt pretty confident that, if it came down to him vs. Stafford to make plays down the stretch, we'd end up on top.

13. Ethan Evans has a leg! Havrisik (Have Risk, Makes us Sick?)... let's just say I'm far from sold.

14. As most probably are aware, if the Chiefs beat the Packers, the Rams will end the week in a playoff spot!

15. I've seen on line that a lot of companies that sell apology cards and premium crow cutlets are having big sales right now with free shipping. Just thought I'd mention that to anyone who completely wrote the Rams off at the start of the season and suggested we should tank! :sunglasses:

16. My favorite quote of the offseason came from Aaron Donald: "just give me guys who care." So many of our young guys fit that mold, and none more so than Kobie Turner. You can just feel his joy through the screen (even if his sack dance is a bit long!).

17. I know a lot of people have pegged next week's game at Baltimore as a likely loss. That's understandable, as the Ravens are 9-3 and tough at home. I'll say this, though... if the Rams play up to their capabilities, they CAN win that game.

18. Tyler Higbee reportedly was evaluated for a concussion. Was I the only one who thought it was his hand/wrist (which he's had issues with)?

19. Its December, and the Rams are highly relevant. Given where we were a year ago (3-9 with several key guys on IR), you've got to love how (warts and all) this season is going!

20. Once again... KEEP IT GOING!!!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
20RT Footnote...

Yeah, I know "shellacked" doesn't rhyme with "rocked" or "socked." But, think about it... has there been all that much rhyme or reason to the 2023 Rams? :zany1:

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
11. The pass rush was, well... not very good today. I think some of it was by design, as the Rams seemed to be using a lot of dime coverage and daring Joe Flacco to beat them. Still, you'd want to see more hits on a guy like that.
Pass rush wasn't great. But Rams in 3-4 base quite a lot today. Didn't count but Browns played a lot of 12 personnel, keeping sub defense off the field --- will watch game again after SNF and snap counts ... but saw base a lot today

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defense kept us in the game long enough for the offense and McVay to figure it out. Then they closed the game out emphatically. They deserve a metric ton of credit for another good win.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
You had one job, Chiefs!!!!!

Oh well…just need to keep winning.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Re 18 I thought it was that at first as the clean up came a bit high, but still a legal play. I hope Higbee is able to recover and is healthy quickly. However, if not, Long and Allen hopefully will be able to step up in his absence

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
20RT Footnote 2…

Four rookies currently have 5 or more sacks. Two are on the Rams:

Kobie Turner 5.5 (leads all rookies)
Byron Young 5.0

oldnotdead

Legend
I hope they start giving fewer snaps to Skowronek and more to Robinson who is a better WR.

Bobby Brown made his presence felt when he was played as a one gap NT. That is true with all the DL. So why aren't they played that every snap?

DK continues to rack of penalties and be out run on double moves. His best plays are when he's used like an in the box SS. He simply isn't a boundary CB.

McVay's run game plan this week was very good and most of all he stuck to it. Two weeks in a row McVay stayed committed to the run. Hopefully next week Morris can contain the Raven's enough to allow McVay to continue to run Williams.