20 Random 2022 Free Agency and Pre-Draft Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. 2021: "All in!"

2. 2022: "All in, all the time!"

3. The plan is working.

4. The first order of business was to, in light of Andrew Whitworth's retirement, ensure that we have reasonable continuity on the OL. By locking in Joe Noteboom and Brian Allen (and, to a lesser extent, Coleman Shelton), mission accomplished.

5. Losing Von Miller was not part of the plan, but neither was adding Bobby Wagner. Sometimes, you have to adjust on the fly. While Wagner does not bring the pass rush presence of Miller, his leadership, ability to "quarterback" the defense, and impact on the run defense will be huge.

6. Speaking of the run defense, I think their playoff performance has been largely overlooked. In the four playoff games, the Rams allowed 60.3 rushing yards/game and a YPC average of 3.3. That's impressive... and now we add Wagner.

7. I'm as sorry to see Robert Woods go, but I understand the move. Allen Robinson brings a dimension that we lacked - a guy who can punish smaller CBs and win on 50/50 balls.

8. If we are able to retain OBJ and enter next year's playoffs with a trio of him, Robinson and Cooper Kupp... watch out.

9. I have a never say never attitude when it comes to signing FAs. That said, I'm having a hard time believing we'll land Stephon Gilmore.

10. Jerry Hughes is an attainable target who I think would be a great fit.

11. The Rams are currently built to contend this year, and in 2023. While we'll have a few starters (Havenstein, Edwards, Robinson, Gaines, Scott/Rapp) and some key rotation players (Henderson, Long) to deal with, and likely won't retain all of them, the core is set.

12. Havenstein is a guy I'd love to extend now, if possible.

13. In the draft, I think the Rams will continue to look for depth in positions that could be eroded through FA in 2023.

14. At the EDGE spot, I'm intrigued by Western Kentucky's DeAngelo Moore, a small-school prospect who excelled at the Senior Bowl.

15. At CB, I think that Joshua Williams, another small school guy (Fayetteville State) is worth a look. His measurables (6'3, 193 lbs., 4.53 forty) entice, but I really like his tackling ability.

16. At RB (yes, RB), I really like Brian Robinson from Alabama.

17. I smile every time I see another team's fan post a "how do they keep signing guys" or "doesn't the salary cap apply to them" post.

18. Meanwhile, the 49ers don't know if their intended starting QB is ready, the Packers have lost their best (and third best) WR, and the Bucs are suddenly under a new HC.

19. Speaking of the Bucs, you can't tell me that Arians' departure wasn't a condition of Brady's return. Sure, they've weaved a Kumbaya narrative, but it seems pretty clear to me.

20. Running it back!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
5. Losing Von Miller was not part of the plan, but neither was adding Bobby Wagner. Sometimes, you have to adjust on the fly. While Wagner does not bring the pass rush presence of Miller, his leadership, ability to "quarterback" the defense, and impact on the run defense will be huge.

I don't know how easy it is to research this,... and certainly not trying to take anything away from Von Miller... But I think of the 5 sacks he had with us, I can remember at least 2 where he was schemed open to the QB by looping around the back of the dline.

Again, not taking away from Miller, because he plays the run really well too... but those sacks were schemed sacks IMO and another player can run that play and get those sacks, Ernest Jones, etc.

Wagner improves our run D. So, maybe we can muster those sacks another way.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
BWagz is no slouch as a blitzing LB. He's going to have multiple sacks. No more targeting Reeder, especially by Shannahan.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
BWagz is no slouch as a blitzing LB. He's going to have multiple sacks. No more targeting Reeder, especially by Shannahan.
Huge upgrade over Reeder. Sort of like Austin Blythe,Reeder was an overachiever. They both had there limits,but both helped The Rams to a SuperBowl.
Bobby Wagner with THowad & E.Jones only will make them better

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam

3. The plan is working.

4. The first order of business was to, in light of Andrew Whitworth's retirement, ensure that we have reasonable continuity on the OL. By locking in Joe Noteboom and Brian Allen (and, to a lesser extent, Coleman Shelton), mission accomplished.

6. Speaking of the run defense, I think their playoff performance has been largely overlooked. In the four playoff games, the Rams allowed 60.3 rushing yards/game and a YPC average of 3.3. That's impressive... and now we add Wagner.

7. I'm as sorry to see Robert Woods go, but I understand the move. Allen Robinson brings a dimension that we lacked - a guy who can punish smaller CBs and win on 50/50 balls.

8. If we are able to retain OBJ and enter next year's playoffs with a trio of him, Robinson and Cooper Kupp... watch out.

9. I have a never say never attitude when it comes to signing FAs. That said, I'm having a hard time believing we'll land Stephon Gilmore.

11. The Rams are currently built to contend this year, and in 2023. While we'll have a few starters (Havenstein, Edwards, Robinson, Gaines, Scott/Rapp) and some key rotation players (Henderson, Long) to deal with, and likely won't retain all of them, the core is set.

13. In the draft, I think the Rams will continue to look for depth in positions that could be eroded through FA in 2023.

14. At the EDGE spot, I'm intrigued by Western Kentucky's DeAngelo Moore, a small-school prospect who excelled at the Senior Bowl.

15. At CB, I think that Joshua Williams, another small school guy (Fayetteville State) is worth a look. His measurables (6'3, 193 lbs., 4.53 forty) entice, but I really like his tackling ability.

17. I smile every time I see another team's fan post a "how do they keep signing guys" or "doesn't the salary cap apply to them" post.

18. Meanwhile, the 49ers don't know if their intended starting QB is ready, the Packers have lost their best (and third best) WR, and the Bucs are suddenly under a new HC.

19. Speaking of the Bucs, you can't tell me that Arians' departure wasn't a condition of Brady's return. Sure, they've weaved a Kumbaya narrative, but it seems pretty clear to me.

20. Running it back!

GREAT POST/THOUGHTS!!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

3. The plan is working.

5. Losing Von Miller was not part of the plan, but neither was adding Bobby Wagner. Sometimes, you have to adjust on the fly. While Wagner does not bring vthe pass rush presence of Miller, his leadership, ability to "quarterback" the defense, and impact on the run defense will be huge.

20. Running it back!

5.Miller was The Rams going all in with draft picks.Get a comp pick later for him. —SuperBowl success.The reason was more injuries than players.Lewis,Garrett,& Hollins we’re all injured. — OBo is gone as well.The Rams will look to add.
6. Run defense will have younger players from 2021 in the Brown Bro’s.
Just away The Rams can beef up more.
7.Robinson,but Hopkins & Sko got some serious playoff time successfully.
8. Tutu will be interesting player to watch.
9. Always going to doubt trades.
10.There are some FA’s that are not worth throwing CAP money away for.
The Rams develop there players
11.2023 The Rams will deal with it like they did this off-season.
12.I disagree about Rob Havenstien,he needs to really prove it.He will become the team leader replacing Big Whit w/ the O’Lineman

13. No Brainer
14. 15.16. Yes?
17. The Rams do it by having the Youngest team every season in The NFL. Then wait for the right moment.Develop through preseason.
18. Is just worry about a game at a time,not the decline of other teams.9ers in 2021 is a perfect example.
19.I’ll say it’s just best Arians is in the Front office now.It’s better to pass the torch. Brady likes to do his own thing.
He will need a good QB or OC still though.
20. Sure ,but a RB would be nice. Sony is an example of 17.