2 Years Out?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramon Ram

Starter
I feel win or lose we were looking at a lot of roster turnover and with our schedule next year we may be hard pressed to host a playoff game, not that it is a big advantage for us. This was a great year and we blew an opportunity to make some noise in the playoffs.

A lot of decisions to make in the secondary and what to do with Watkins. I don't think he deserves true #1 WR money. We don't use him enough to pay him like that and then when we do he doesn't make #1 WR plays. Yes he looks great wide open on a deep post but he has to make the tough plays. Tell me Deandre Hopkins doesn't catch that bomb late in the game when we still had a shot. Or the last play when he had coverage on him but he needed to get tough and grab that ball though the game was all but over. The fact that we don't get him the ball enough may be reason enough to move on.

We need a LB as Ogletree's miss may have been the biggest play of the game and not sure Barron is worth the money.

We have a lot of new guys to bring in and hopefully the free agents can make up the difference because with all the rookies and the pending schedule it will be tough to get back to where we were last night.
After a year of draft, free agents and more coaching we will be ready for a 3-5 year run just not sure that next year will be the start.

Ellard80

Legend
Hopefully next year we take the next step. Remeber this league is all about having a star Quarterback and building around him - plus a quality defense.

With the that fact that we have football rainman as our coach - we should expect only more winning for the next decade.

Ramon Ram

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hopefully next year we take the next step. Remeber this league is all about having a star Quarterback and building around him - plus a quality defense.

With the that fact that we have football rainman as our coach - we should expect only more winning for the next decade.

I'm hoping as well. I and I'm sure many of us didn't think we would do what we did this year and thats why it hurts so much because we had an opportunity. I thought we were 2 years away coming into this year and when I look at our roster changes and schedule next year it wouldn't surprise me if we were a 9-7 or 10-6 type team. McVay is awesome though I think he got out coached last night. With another good draft and add some good FA's we will be fine and still be right on track for a nice run even if next year is challenging as expected.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I expect a pissed off crew rolling through many of the Seattle, Minnesota and Atlanta type losses with lessons learned and a stern approach to the fools in their path.

12-4. Two playoff wins. Minimum.

Ramzheart

Rookie
Hopefully we hit on our draft and possibly free agency. wondering how soon the team will seek out new qb coach and who that will be. Hopefully we wont lose too many off the coaching roster

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who knows what next year will bring. That's why last night was such a gut punch . I thought we were good enough to beat anyone this year and to lose like that was heartbreaking. Every year a couple teams come out of nowhere to make the playoffs and the Rams will have a lot of new faces next year. Just a terrible time to come out flat and turn the ball over .

TexasRam

Legend
I like Sammy but his inability to adjust to a ball in the air and his inability to Hold onto balls when he is hit has dogged us all year.

In our lone playoff game there were 2 TD’s that were right on the money and he couldn’t come down with. One in the end zone and one a deep pass the Goff threw to perfection.

Im offering Sammy a 6M a year contract
And nothing more. We must get Better at his position and I think Reynolds may be that guy.

On offense I am offering a nice contract to Sullivan and one to a free agent TE like Burton of the eagles, and that is it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Carpe diem...Seize the day and I concur @gabriel18 you never know what next year will bring...Now that being posted the Rams do have a young Quarterback, Running Back & Head Coach combined with an owner that has the financial means to be the only game in town.....However, many of us have been through tough playoff losses under Chuck Knox & John Robinson along with others under George Allen. All of us hope that like Vincent Thomas Lombardi, yesterday is the only playoff loss that Sean Horatio McVay endures as he continues to take his team to post season year in and year out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If the Rams upgrade their defense they will win around 13 games next year. Regardless of the schedule.

Q729

Legend
Anything can happen. We could end up like the Lions.

Or we could continue to build on this season's success. :)