1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

2 losses Gurley not getting the ball

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by blackbart, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Rams43

Pro Bowler
    Expand Collapse

McVay took the ball out of Gurley’s hands. The September O player of the month, mind you.

Goff had an off day.

We surrendered FIVE turnovers.

Three strikes and you’re out!

We lost the game by 6 points. Sigh...

The End.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. So Ram

Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

Couldn't agree more on Tavon in the backfield. It was like McVay went & studied last years offense.

Why not give Malcom Brown the ball. He made some tough 3rd down plays.

3. -X-

-X-
    I'm the Dude, man.
    Expand Collapse

Why's that? Austin scored and had a higher YPC. It's easy to second guess it now, but I maintain that the passing game - and the win - was there for the taking if the execution was on point. There were many times the receivers were open for big gains, but the ball placement was off. Clean that up, and there's no problem with going away from the run game (that Seattle was taking away anyway).

• Like Like x 4
    • Thread Winner Thread Winner x 1
  4. Faceplant

"Did I catch a "niner" in there?"
    Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. You take what the defense gives you by EXECUTING. I really think this team will grow from a ridiculous loss like this. From what I watched, the offense had their way with a pretty stout defense out there. Just need to tighten up a bit. It is FIVE games into a completely new regime and scheme change on both sides of the ball. Patience........is a virtue.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Farr Be It

Starter
    Expand Collapse

This is my thought too. Even more on the receivers. Watkins didn't show up to play. I thought 3 plays he dogged it. Jareds throw was on the money on a mirror image Willie Mays catch on the right side line, and Sammy doesn't even put his arms up. The deep post I'll bet was right on the money...we'll never know. And there was a third throw where Sammy just jogged and didn't track the ball.

Then there was the final pass to Kupp. The more I saw the replay, that was a well placed ball. Kupp was blasted from behind well before the ball got there. I think he would have caught that ball. Pass interference. I think the refs were afraid to call that. I don't buy the thinking that "you let the players play" if it means you DON'T let the offensive players play.

Like you said, though, Austins carries worked. The game plan worked. It was player execution.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Snaz

Rookie
    Expand Collapse

You'd rather Tavon be the Up Back?

7. Ram65

Rams Time To Turn It Around
    Expand Collapse

I'd rather not see that play again on 3rd and 1 to go.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dxmissile

Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

You give Gurley 14 rushing attempts in a game but most of those came In The first quarter when he was 7 for like 32. That’s almost 5ypc, very respectable so for the next 3 quarters you give your star running back less then 3 carries a quarter. That’s the only reason why the defense took away the run because McVay did it for them. Imagine how much more impressive the passing game would have been if McVay would have been more balanced in the run game

• Like Like x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Expand Collapse

I didn't see Austin do anything the Gurley would not have done as well. He has shown his rookie year and in the SF and Dallas games how he wears a defense down and gets good production in the 4th quarter with more touches.

2 years from now and I think Goff will be tearing it up carrying the team but he isn't there yet and Gurley is.

Unless he is dinged up I think the offense needs to go through him.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LesBaker

Mr. Savant
    Expand Collapse

And they almost won.

That IS encouraging right?

That's a fair point however I think the play was designed to make the defense wonder if it was going to the edge with Gurley leading Austin.

11. VegasRam

Give your dog a belly rub.
    Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Expand Collapse

Albiet rare - 'specially on NFL message boards.:rolllaugh::rolllaugh:

• HaHaHa HaHaHa x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Thread Winner Thread Winner x 1