2 and 14 or 14 and 2?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What is a more likely record this year?

• 2 - 14

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • 14 - 2

Votes: 28 80.0%

• Total voters

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Interesting way to look at the season:
Are we more 14 and 2, or 2 and 14.

I don't find either one all that likely... but I think we are more likely to win 14 games than lose them.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

But seriously, folks.

Much as I would love to be wrong on this one, this team would have to play out of their minds to get to 14-2 this year.

Whereas if you have a 2011-esque injury situation... yeah, that's going to end up 2-14.

And I can't even list both as equally unlikely because 2011 was NOT the only injury decimated season in recent memory. We've done something to tick off football itself. :(

RamzFanz

Damnit

But seriously, folks.

Much as I would love to be wrong on this one, this team would have to play out of their minds to get to 14-2 this year.

Whereas if you have a 2011-esque injury situation... yeah, that's going to end up 2-14.

And I can't even list both as equally unlikely because 2011 was NOT the only injury decimated season in recent memory. We've done something to tick off football itself. :(

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *cough* oooooooooo *cough* ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
We have yet to have a winning season in quite some time. We are closer than 2-14.

After this year I think we end closer 14 -2 though

RamzFanz

Damnit
Our 2nd string would do better than 2-14 so the only possible outcome between the 2 is 14-2. (y)

When you eliminate the impossible, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be true.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

But seriously, folks.

I respectfully disagree. The 2011 team was nothing like this one. We have way more talent, way more depth, much better coaching and Jeff Fisher simply wouldn't allow it.

Again, I don't think it's likely at all. But of the two options, I like our chances...

Irish

Starter
There isn't enough talent on this team to win 14 games. Not yet.

A few catastrophic injuries (Bradford, JLong, Quinn), however, and this team gets exposed, fast.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I respectfully disagree. The 2011 team was nothing like this one. We have way more talent, way more depth, much better coaching and Jeff Fisher simply wouldn't allow it.

Again, I don't think it's likely at all. But of the two options, I like our chances...

Exactly. In 2011 we went through 7 corners. Add in the loss of a few key players and it was meltdown. This season there is much more depth.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So you're essentially asking if we'll be worse than 8-8, 8-8, or better than 8-8?
No. Not really.
I'm asking if you think it's more like that we win a vast majority of our games or lose them.
It's a considerably different question IMO.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

Yeah, I know some disagree on this, but I really see the story of 2011 as injury and that's it. Particularly if our injuries are as focused on certain units as they were, I don't see any coach substantially overcoming that, although you might see a game or two in difference.

I'm HOPING it's not going to happen of course.

RamzFanz

Damnit
There isn't enough talent on this team to win 14 games. Not yet.

A few catastrophic injuries (Bradford, JLong, Quinn), however, and this team gets exposed, fast.

I disagree. Will we win 14-2 with key injuries? No, but we won't get anywhere near 2-14.

Second string - Hill, Mason, Cunningham, Sims, Hayes, Bailey, Kendricks, Jones, carrington... ETC

That's a good looking reserve and I know I'm missing many. I don't see any realistic scenario where 2-14 is possible short of a plane crash with the team on board.

Could they go 14-2 if they stay healthy? Unlikely for sure, but possible? I say yes.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
8-8 is a possibility. Neither of those other options are even possible.

14-2 is going to be impossible in our division, all the teams are good.

And 2-14 is not possible either, we have a good backup QB, lots of O line depth, and the best d-line depth in the league. If one of our WRs gets hurt, the other guys are just as good (or bad).

RamzFanz

Damnit

And 2-14 is not possible either, we have a good backup QB, lots of O line depth, and the best d-line depth in the league. If one of our WRs gets hurt, the other guys are just as good (or bad).

Key injuries on the Niners and Hawks? They have a lot of play before we meet. Wouldn't that make it possible?

Alan

Legend
RamzFanz paraphrasing Doyle:
When you eliminate the impossible, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be true.
Good one zz! I also like references to my favorite detective. (y) :seizure:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I get how unlikely it is. I think 8-8 is WAY more likely than the two options given... but everyone knows that.
It's not a prediction question. It's more of way to gauge the progress and future outlook of our team.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I get how unlikely it is. I think 8-8 is WAY more likely than the two options given... but everyone knows that.
It's not a prediction question. It's more of way to gauge the progress and future outlook of our team.

Right?

Here's how I see it:

2-14 - impossible for all practical purposes. Waaaaay too much depth. I mean, who thinks losing Stacey would end the run game? Or Hill would be worse than Clemons? Or any O or D lineman would mean 12 loses? Or even a combination. Cook? Kendricks and Harkey. TA? Bailey. There are very few shallow positions left and with that D line, Rams could be in every game no matter how bad injuries were elsewhere.

14-2 - 6% chance. Injuries on the O line of Hawks and Niners could lead to a sweep of the NFCW. So, not probable, but more possible.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Cool poll. I would have chosen two records less extreme. Like say:
10-6
6-10
Would be very interesting....and make it public. :)