1st, both 2nds, 3rd and 1st next year for Wentz?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would you trade the farm for Carson Wentz?

• Yes

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • No

Votes: 37 75.5%

• Total voters

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Assume that we re-sign one of the Jenkins/Johnson, re-sign the rest of our impact FAs, get some depth on the OL and a vet WR in FA.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. Even QBs that have all the tools still fail at times, because of injuries or whatever. None of the QBs this year are widely viewed as better prospects than Sam, for instance. I'd rather the team kept going for BPA, overpay in cash for an okay vet, and develop one of the other talented QBs in this draft.

As we've found - QBs without a good team around them aren't worth very much, either.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Tough call. I'm not a bet the farm kind of guy. I would say that building a team around a decent QB would be more important to me than putting all your eggs in the QB basket. I love a dominant defense and am ok with an offense that doesn't light it up but can score in the mid to upper 20s consistently. And there are some Defensive freaks in this draft according to what I'm reading.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
A trade like this? I'd be writing a country song that's soon to become a national sensation. "Trade away blues"

No way... Wentz could end up being worth that, but he is far from a sure thing at this point. We shouldn't trade away two firsts and two seconds for anything less than a sure thing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That would be an example of Fish cutting off his own balls. Seriously. So absolutely not.

Far better is to spread the cost over multiple years. Giving up even 3x first round picks to move up to 1 for your QB is far better for the long term health of the organization IMO. Even though you're giving up more, you're talking about a roster that is stacked and would have a high end QB of the future. This team would be locked and loaded and the draft would no longer need to be our Super Bowl.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a VERY strong class for QB's

Excellent depth - but the top QBs are not as good as the top QBs in some past drafts - Luck, for instance. Or even just last season. Trading this much for Luck might make sense. It's a huge gamble for Goff or Wentz. Could work out, but the risk is too high.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
No. Even if he's got the same ceiling as Andrew Luck as Mayock says, it's not guaranteed.

If the QB you like is gone draft a wideout instead.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
image.jpeg

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Nope, not for this QB class. There are no sure #1 valued guys.

I would trade something, but not the title to my farm.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
This is a VERY strong class for QB's

I don't know, I thinks it's pretty weak and not very deep. Even the top end guys are questionable. Seems like a lot of these guys were high recruits that never really lived up to the hype in college. Funny thing is the guys that were not heavily recruited are at the top.