1972 Rams Video

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks Roman...I didn't remember that 1972 was such a bad year for the Rams...The thing feel in my gut still, I HATED THE VIKINGS!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Roman...I didn't remember that 1972 was such a bad year for the Rams...The thing feel in my gut still, I HATED THE VIKINGS!
Yes, but then watch '73 next and be inspired. Interesting to see the changes in personnel.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, but then watch '73 next and be inspired. Interesting to see the changes in personnel.
I will, but I remember the great season and I went to my first Rams game vs the Browns..We won and it was great..we lost the next week, :banghead:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OMG...look at the rug Chuck Knox wore in that press conference!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
OMG...look at the rug Chuck Knox wore in that press conference!

Guess I never noticed, but not the best hair replacement, that was before better technology and why Knox always donned a hat.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thanks Roman...I didn't remember that 1972 was such a bad year for the Rams...

The irony was Gabriel missed many games because of a bad shoulder that year and that is why the Rams went out and acquired John Hadl, they wanted two top flight signal callers, however, after the Rams acquired Hadl, Gabriel demanded a trade and thus was shipped to Philadelphia for WR Harold Jackson and then the Rams acquired QB James Harris from Buffalo and drafted in 1973 Ron Jaworski from Youngstown State.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The irony was Gabriel missed many games because of a bad shoulder that year and that is why the Rams went out and acquired John Hadl, they wanted two top flight signal callers, however, after the Rams acquired Hadl, Gabriel demanded a trade and thus was shipped to Philadelphia for WR Harold Jackson and then the Rams acquired QB James Harris from Buffalo and drafted in 1974 Ron Jaworski from Youngstown State.
I remember...John Hadl looked better than Gabriel..Hadl looked a lot better than I remembered, which is confusing why he was with the Rams for so short of a time. Harris was pretty good too, but not as good as Hadl i don't think...Jaworski never really got a chance with the Rams

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I remember...John Hadl looked better than Gabriel..Hadl looked a lot better than I remembered, which is confusing why he was with the Rams for so short of a time. Harris was pretty good too, but not as good as Hadl i don't think...Jaworski never really got a chance with the Rams

Hadl had a horrendous playoff game against the Cowboys and started off the 74 season just like he ended the 73 season. Knox made the change to Harris and Dan Devine and the Green Bay Packers offered the Rams a ton of high draft choices for Hadl so the Rams traded him.

Ended up being quite a coup for the Rams as Hadl was the gift that kept on giving with the Rams drafting the likes of Doug France, Dennis Harrah and Nolan Cromwell just to post a few. The Packers gave up first-, second- and third-round choices in 1975, and a first and second choice in 1976.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hadl had a horrendous playoff game against the Cowboys and started off the 74 season just like he ended the 73 season. Knox made the change to Harris and Dan Devine and the Green Bay Packers offered the Rams a ton of high draft choices for Hadl so the Rams traded him.

Ended up being quite a coup for the Rams as Hadl was the gift that kept on giving with the Rams drafting the likes of Doug France, Dennis Harrah and Nolan Cromwell just to post a few. The Packers gave up first-, second- and third-round choices in 1975, and a first and second choice in 1976.
Hadl looked great in 1973, up until and including the last regular season game vs the Browns (was there that day). He led the Rams to the most regular season game wins in their history(12-2). He played an away playoff game at a place with a huge hometown advantage in Dallas. Dude was with the Rams as the starter in 1973, and they dumped the next year, which is still sorta crazy to me. Knox must have been impressed by Harris, is all that I can say...

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hadl looked great in 1973, up until and including the last regular season game vs the Browns (was there that day). He led the Rams to the most regular season game wins in their history(12-2). He played an away playoff game at a place with a huge hometown advantage in Dallas. Dude was with the Rams as the starter in 1973, and they dumped the next year, which is still sorta crazy to me. Knox must have been impressed by Harris, is all that I can say...
Yeah. I always wondered what the story was there. They sure had a logjam at QB. James Harris was good. Kind of like Tony Banks more talented older brother. :sneaky: But it seemed he lacked the killer instinct. Then we picked up Haden a year or two later. He was just ok. Jaworski got crowded out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah. I always wondered what the story was there. They sure had a logjam at QB. James Harris was good. Kind of like Tony Banks more talented older brother. :sneaky: But it seemed he lacked the killer instinct. Then we picked up Haden a year or two later. He was just ok. Jaworski got crowded out.
and then we got Joe Namath...lol..what a car wreck that move was a few years later!