12intheBox Mox

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
While I would advocate moving up for one of the two QBs this year - specially Winston - this is a no trade mock.

1. TB - Winston
2. CLE - Mariota
3. Jax - Fowler
4. Oak - Williams
5. Wash - Cooper
6. NYJ - White
7. Chi - Parker
8. ATL - Beasley
9. NYG - Shelton
10. RAMS -

Brandon Scherff - G/T - Iowa

boring? Maybe. But it's the right pick for a lot of reasons.

Rd 2 - DGB - WR - Mizzou (Okla)

Another commonly mocked pick - but I think armchair draftnics may have this one right, too. Impossible to tell how he is doing in interviews - he could go anywhere from mid first to undrafted but the 2nd seems to be the roll the dice round for this regime.

Rd 3 - Ameer Abdullah - RB - Nebraska

Think he will be gone? Maybe - but this is a class that is loaded with backs. We are on the 72nd pick here - how many teams will go RB in the top 71? Those teams will have Gurley, Gordon, Ajayi, Coleman, and Yeldon among others to choose from as well. Round 3 seems like a fertile spot to grab a playmaker out of this group.

Rd 4 - Sean Mannion - QB -Oregon State

Do I think he is the future? No, probably not / but he is at least a spin of the wheel - and we need to take one.

Rd 6 - Amarlo Herrera
- MLB - Georgia

JL's spot is safe for at least another year but depth in the middle and a ST player.

Rd 7 - Tevin McDonald - FS - Eastern Washington

Can you ever have too many McDonalds on the roster?

Athos

Legend
Sorry my man, but :sick:.

1. I can deal with Scherff.
2. Love DGB in the 2nd.

3. Abdullah? Hell no. More of the same in what we already have and I don't want a midget with tiny hands that fumbles a lot. In we go RB at all in this draft, it should be a RB-style we don't have. David Johnson imo.

4. Mannion is the one QB I hope the Rams steer clear of. I won't like a Grayson pick, but I won't bitch about it. I will bitch if Mannion is the pick.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think that the only pick I like in terms of talent, range, and risk is Tevin McDonald. Green-Beckham is a talented player that I'd take in the second, but him, Mannion, and Scherff are all huge risks. I especially don't like Scherff with Peat and Parker still on the board. Where's the second offensive lineman that we desperately need...unless you're planning on signing a free agent to play right tackle?

I'd trust Bates more now than I'd ever trust Herrera as a backup to Laurinaitis. Herrera could barely earn a starting spot in Georgia's 3-4 system, and not as an inside linebacker. Would much rather have Jeff Luc (Cincinnati) over Herrera, who could probably be had as a UDFA. He fits the round, has more potential, and could possibly play SAM as well as MIKE.

Abdullah is more of the same, really. Small, fumble-prone, has a frame that's prone to injury. Amazing character, but is he going to be any better than Tre Mason or Bennie Cunningham?

I love the Tevin McDonald pick. He can play free safety and cornerback, can hit, can cover, and the only thing preventing him from being a Day Two pick is the multiple drug test failures that got him booted from UCLA.

Everyone knows my thoughts on Scherff; I'm not going to go into them here.

Mannion is awful. Just purely awful. He has horrendous mechanics that make Byron Leftwich look like Peyton Manning in comparison. His arm isn't that great, and the only reason he's really known is because of one good performance where Brandin Cooks made him look dominant.

DGB is the one that'll make or break this draft. If he pans out to what I think he will barring injury or arrest, he'll be the next Randy Moss, except with a better work ethic. If not, then it won't be pretty.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Abdullah became a Saturday favorite of mine. Just feels like a guy who will make plays on Sundays as well. His ball protection is much improved.

Just saw Ajayi is getting some poor medical reports so the chances AA lasts til the 3rd just got a smidge smaller anyway.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott

2. Love DGB in the 2nd.

3. Abdullah? Hell no. More of the same in what we already have and I don't want a midget with tiny hands that fumbles a lot. In we go RB at all in this draft, it should be a RB-style we don't have. David Johnson imo.

4. Mannion is the one QB I hope the Rams steer clear of. I won't like a Grayson pick, but I won't bitch about it. I will bitch if Mannion is the pick.

Pretty much what I came in to say.

Memphis Ram

Legend
How does Shelton even come close to fitting Steve Spagnuolo's defense in New York?

And with the all the money the Redskins have tied into Pierre Garcon, DeSean Jackson, and Andre Roberts (signed last year) do you really believe that they would still take Cooper?

Was this just an attempt to make sure that Scherff was on the board when the Rams selection came up?

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
My only bitch about this mock is the 3rd rd'r, I'd personally go O line there.

Other than that, I would really really like that draft.

I like Mannion, think he could prove a few here wrong, no use arguing over it, time will reveal.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
My only exception is that I think the Rams like Ramik Wilson out of the bulldog ILB's - I'd swap him for Herrera in the 6th
This is gonna be a crazy draft / someone like Wilson who may be thought of as a 3rd to 5th may be a 6th or 7th or undrafted

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

2. Love DGB in the 2nd.

This kind of steals my thunder lol. 3 is too early for Abdullah and not a fan. If Mannion is the guy wouldn't touch him to the 5th. I just hope we stay away from QB until the 6th or 7th. To me I can get a developmental QB like Cody Fajardo in the 6th or 7th with as much upside as the Pettys and Mannions in this draft.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How does Shelton even come close to fitting Steve Spagnuolo's defense in New York?

And with the all the money the Redskins have tied into Pierre Garcon, DeSean Jackson, and Andre Roberts (signed last year) do you really believe that they would still take Cooper?

Was this just an attempt to make sure that Scherff was on the board when the Rams selection came up?

If you must know what led to the decision in the Giants war room, Spags fell in love with Shelton as an individual. It began at the senior bowl. Over time Spags began redesigning a defense built around the kid. But Spags still had to win the room. So he went to work. Over the last few months Spags has been putting eyes and ears all over the Giants organization. Listening and recording - every last word. This will continue thru draft day.

Spags will do anything to get this kid. It's not a want. It's a need. Jerry Reese did all he could to keep Spags from trading up for him on draft day. Needless to say, the Giants have been pretty hush hush about the whole thing.

As for the Skins, Dan Snyder owns that team.

I fully expect Scherff to be there.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
If you must know what led to the decision in the Giants war room, Spags fell in love with Shelton as an individual. It began at the senior bowl. Over time Spags began redesigning a defense built around the kid. But Spags still had to win the room. So he went to work. Over the last few months Spags has been putting eyes and ears all over the Giants organization. Listening and recording - every last word. This will continue thru draft day.

Spags will do anything to get this kid. It's not a want. It's a need. Jerry Reese did all he could to keep Spags from trading up for him on draft day. Needless to say, the Giants have been pretty hush hush about the whole thing.

As for the Skins, Dan Snyder owns that team.

I fully expect Scherff to be there.

That's some funny sh#t. I don't care who you are.

But Spags likes his rushers, not his space eaters.

And as crazy stupid as Snyder is, could he really be that much of a Ram fan?